CL: Chapter Two

CL: Chapter Two

A Chapter by Ashley.M.E

Finally out in the halls after her last period Lucy walked with rather small, but quick steps. She was a petite girl, the large jackets and baggy sweat pants adding to the appearance of her small almost none existent build. Her long static brown hair swayed around her head, covered her left eye as she moved through the building. She weaved effortlessly between the groups of kids who stood to talk and rudely taken up quite a bit of the hallways.
She made her way to her locker, on the second floor of the school. She stood there for a moment her She  fingers grabbing onto the knob as she rotated it left, right and left again, hitting in the numbers until it opened with a click. As her locker opened, a familiar face came and stopped beside her. She turned her eyes slightly to barely make out Ren's short red hair and squished fish like eyes. 
“What?” Lucy's voice came out harsh, but very hoarse as if she hadn't spoken in quite some time.
“Why did you have to embarrass Gregory like that! He hadn't done anything to you.” Ren began, her arms flaring around as the only thing she carried was an over sized purse slung over her right arm. 
Lucy closed her locker and turned to face the girl directly. Ren's eyes were narrowed down, so much so it was hard to notice her eyes were open at all.
“Me? Embarrass the class clown, that's funny,” Lucy went to walk away, but Ren grabbed the hood of her jacket, slightly chocking her and forcing her to take a few steps back.
“What do you want!” Lucy spun around, the force forcing Ren to let go of her hood. Lucy stood thre eying Ren her bottom lip tightly locked upwards as she placed her hands at her side in fists, shaking and ready for a fight.
“Look, I know he can be an a*s, but-” Ren started but was caught off when the locker in front of her opened smacking her in the face. Lucy jumped slightly at the loud noise it had made. Ren pushed the locker off of her grabbing her nose. She hunched forward a bit and her mouth opened several times, but little to no noise escaped her. 
“What the-” She went around the open locker. “You jack-a*s I'm standing here!” She opened her eyes to see that there was no one there, in fact, the locker was completely empty, a few spider webs making hopes within it, as if it hadn't held a single book in years. 
“This is your fault!” She screeched turning around and pointing at where Lucy was, but Lucy had already took off down the hall and Ren could barely see her past the other students eying her concerningly.
Lucy tried to focus on the sound of her foot steps, but her heart sounded like it had moved into her ear drums, making it impossible for her to hear anything else. She was once again weaving between students, this time however she was almost at a full run, her breath sharp as she tried to get a hold of herself. 
Then, a vibration caught her off guard, making her stop completely in the middle of the second story hallway, as she reached into her pocket and looked at her cell-phone.
1: 34 PM Sam: Sorry I slept in. Have a good day at school. Love you.
The text message read, causing Lucy's tense body to relax and her heart rate to slow considerably from what it had been moments before. 
1:34 PM Lucy: Thank you so much, I love-
Her phone vibrated again, she waited for a moment, but nothing appeared on the open text box for Sam. Clicking back she finally found that the new message wasn't sent from Sam at all, in fact it was sent by someone completely unknown to her. The number something she had never seen before. Opening the message she read it carefully.
1:34 PM Hello Lucy, we understand that you have been talking a male under the name of “Sam” Please understand that this male is not who he says he is. If you continue to speak with him there will be extreme consequences. This is not a joke.
“What the...” Lucy shook her head, as the bell rang causing her to jump. She looked around before relaxing slightly. Lucy didn't have a final period and thus was allowed to head home early. She placed her phone in her pocket and began down the stairs, her phone vibrating once again.
At the bottom of the stairs she picked her phone up, noticing it was another message from Sam. Her previous message stayed there unsent,
1:34 PM Sam: Are you mad at me Lucy?
She sighed as she text him back.
1:35 PM Lucy: Thank you so much, I'm not mad at you...
Lucy made her way out of the school towards her 2001 Honda Accord. She took her phone and keys out of her pocket. Throwing her phone into the passenger seat she put on her seat belt and started her car. Her phone going off once again.
“It can wait,” she muttered as she put the car in reverse and backs out of her parking spot.


© 2014 Ashley.M.E


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A good chapter. You gave enough. I like the description of the characters. You gave them life and goal. I like the use of messages. Giving balance and reason to the story. Thank you for sharing the excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

272 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 11, 2014
Last Updated on November 11, 2014


Author

Ashley.M.E
Ashley.M.E

OH



Writing
A shell A shell

A Poem by Ashley.M.E


Page One Page One

A Chapter by Ashley.M.E


Page Two Page Two

A Chapter by Ashley.M.E