The Edge

The Edge

A Chapter by 1Disawsum

The girl stared at the dark, ravaging sea, wishing she had someone. Someone to talk to and share her gloomy thoughts with. She wished she had someone to help her comprehend her own thoughts.

The sea washed across her legs, but she didn't move. She didn't stop it from happening, either. She never did. The waves helped her feel again, it brought her back some senses and took her away from the numbness that surrounded her.

How the girl wished she had someone with her. Her thoughts filled with darkness, her head revolved around things most people would be repelled by Thoughts of suicide, thoughts of harm and danger. 

She was already sickly thin, anyone could tell. She had scars and bruises everywhere, both on the outside and in.

The girl, rocked back and forth on the tiny ledge she was sitting on. That's how everyone thought of her. As a tiny ledge on the edge of a cliff, on the verge of breaking. She was sitting on the edge.

Everyone at school knew her as the suicidal, anorexic freak. The girl who couldn't handle her own life properly, the kid who had no life or energy inside her. The mute freak. 

The girl knew society wouldn't accept her for who she was, she also knew people would judge you purely on your looks and personality. The girl hated society with a burning passion. 

They judge, they lie, and they hate.

Then, there are people like her. People who have there own society built inside the overarching society. But who was she? She knew the basics, but if she went deeper into herself, what wold she find about her that made her so starkly different from the rest of the world's people? She was a misfit, that was sure, but was there something more to that, than just... one of society's misfits?

As she sat there, thinking about her true identity, a past, painful memory resurfaced from the darkness. A memory she would rather forget than relive. A memory of her past life, where she thought she had known her place in society. But she didn't, really. Not at all. Nobody knew their place. It was a memory of how she could've, should've, stopped what was happening around her, to herself, her family, and others. But as always, she never did.


© 2014 1Disawsum


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
Added on June 16, 2014
Last Updated on June 16, 2014


Author

1Disawsum
1Disawsum

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia



About
I'm sitting here behind a screen, Writing about my past like I don't care. Like it's in the past, And I'll never go back there again. But the truth of the matter right now, Is that every secon.. more..

Writing
Friends Friends

A Poem by 1Disawsum