The Truth

The Truth

A Chapter by kick your buttercup

Luke POV:
"FREAK!!!!!"
I knew I shouldn't of left her. Why now I know she's of age but she still hasn't excepted.
I turned my head to see Nyla on my back, bleeding and still terrified without even being conscience. As I began to carry her to a safe spot. I couldn't escape my one thought.
  "I could of stopped all this Ny... I'm so sorry I wish you could hear me now." Even though the scenario is worse than before I still remember our first encounter almost like it happened yesterday.
I was being called into the council room in a different realm that wasn't earth. I was only eight when I graduated from the warrior academy. Because of my amazing compatibility to the element of wind. no one could ever beat me with the bond of this element.

 One day I was called before the moral ten the most elite group of warriors of all the realm who monitored over the universe. To be called upon them is either a huge honor or your complete inhalation. When I began heading towards their direction over a million things were going through my head. I approached the door,  took in a deep breath and opened it.

As I stood before the Moral ten I couldn't believe all of them had come. While I was busy gawking at them Korra the leader of the Moral ten stood up and gave me a reassuring smile before talking. 

" Hello Luke it's a pleasure to meet-" 
"No no the pleasure is all mine!" I blurted it out so fast, to hide the blush creeping on my face I bowed to show respect.

A short silence fell over the room before all members burst into laughter. I straightened up and gave lady Korra a quizzical look. She walked down to where I was standing and it was almost like she was floating on air. When she reached me she bent down so I could look her in the eye.

"Luke you don't need to worry we are all very kind and just because we are all powerful doesn't mean we are no fun. Understand?" I nodded at her, and she smiled at me.

"Great now the reason were all assembled, Luke we need you. There is a girl on this little planet called Earth. She doesn't know it but she is the last descendent of Valentina. One of the previous members of the moral ten. This means she has an unimaginable power and choice. You're job Luke is to protect this girl." 

She pulled out a picture of a girl. She looked to be around my age and was "okay" for a girl.

" I will gladly take this mission Lady Korra. You won't be disappointed,but how long will I be protecting her?"

"From nine to ten years and if you need anything you can contact us at any time."

When I walked out of the room I was thrilled to be given this quest and also scarred because I had never been on one before and was already given one for nine to ten years if all went well. I began to wonder who exactly was this new mysterious girl. Who would be responsible for everyone. How come no one was aloud to tell her of these amazing abilities bestowed upon her. Then again the mind of an eight year old boy could never fathom the hardships and trial that faced this girl. All I was told to do was become her friend and to protect her from people who might want to tell her or kidnap her. 

The next day I'd left the academy and my home known as Aries. It took me less than a week to settle into my new life. Although it was a lot harder to find this girl. When I spotted the girl it was by coincidence. The new friends I made at school asked me to come over and play street hockey. That's when I saw her, I watched to see where her house was and took note of it.

I would constantly spy on her through a tree that could see into her house. It took no time for me to realize that she was left alone a lot.

 Then one night I saw her leave the house in a hurry. My gut told me something was wrong. Immediately I grabbed my backpack and purssued the mysterious girl. She was wondering the street to find someone or a place. I began to follow her to a rift in time I couldn't believe she could just walk right on into it. In order to walk through a rift it took years to Learn not to mention the fact she doesn't know any of these otherworldly things. 

That didn't slow me down I jumped right into the rift only to land in a side dimension. It was stunning land masses were floating with water falls flowing upward to the sky. 

When I located her she was flailing around in a seizure like motion I rushed to her side and held her head steady as I yelled for Lady Korra. When she evaporated next to me she looked down at the girl sympathy in her eyes. Then she turned to me.

"you've done good to contact me but this may be more than you can handle."

" Lady Korra I promised you I would protect her and I will with my life"
She gazed down at the girl again and sighed. 
" Very well then." She manifested a locket " Tell her to wear this it will calm down her headaches and will let you know if she's in danger.

" Yes ma'am" with that lady Korra looked longingly at the girl before she disappeared.

I waited for what felt like hours for her to wake up. finally her green eyes flew open as she scanned my face as if examining me. I stared down at her then she flew up and almost began to crawl away when I sputtered out.

"Hi my name is Luke. I know this is sudden but take this. I hope we can be friends" 
As the necklace dangled between the two of us she took it and smiled. 

" My name is Nyla."
From that day forward I never called Nyla "that girl" again
----------------------------------------
Now here she was bleeding and scarred on his back. 
" I'm so sorry Ny. I'm so sorry.
I began to sob uncontrollably as I looked down at her on my bed bleeding and trembling. 
I leaned down to to kiss her cheek.
" please forgive me."


© 2015 kick your buttercup


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

First of all, nice take on Luke's pov. You managed to give a little back story while keeping it interesting, great work! A deeper look....

You kept mentioning the moral ten, but in paragraph three you called it the moral seven? Not sure if this was a typo, or if you were trying to do something here...just might need to clear that up. Also, throughout the chapter you switched to third person in a few places. You might want to just scan over it and make sure that it's all in first.
I had a little trouble getting the image of Nyla passed out on Luke's back. You said this in paragraph one and the last paragraph (it was in the same sentence as a third person mistake)....I don't know if you meant to say that Nyla was on her back, but for some reason it read that Nyla was on luke's back. Maybe you meant it like he was carrying her? I'm not really sure what was going on...it just might need to be a little clearer.

There were a few spelling mistakes, but I'm not one to speak...=) Only one sentence is bothering me..."I would like that my name is Nyla." If you are showing your reader that Nyla isn't her real name, maybe you could say something like "I would like it if you called me Nyla". If Nyla is her real name...I would just say "My name is Nyla" or something along that line. It just reads a little awkward when it is put the other way...

Overall, I really liked this chapter! I liked how you gave the reader an interesting history on Luke, and you did a really good job with Luke's pov. I like watching the relationship between them grow...keep writing!!



Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

kick your buttercup

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much for the review. Went ahead and made the changes. I really love you're reviews.
luvs2write

9 Years Ago

You're welcome =)



Reviews

I felt like there was a bit of an information overload, maybe you could add some details of things to thin it out a bit? I really liked Luke's point of view though, it was a nice change from Nyla's. There was a lowercase ''no'' towards the top. Not much else for me to comment on but even through I felt overwhelmed a bit by the back story I did really like getting more context to what I've already read and now I have more questions and things to think about while I read the next chapters.

Posted 9 Years Ago


First of all, nice take on Luke's pov. You managed to give a little back story while keeping it interesting, great work! A deeper look....

You kept mentioning the moral ten, but in paragraph three you called it the moral seven? Not sure if this was a typo, or if you were trying to do something here...just might need to clear that up. Also, throughout the chapter you switched to third person in a few places. You might want to just scan over it and make sure that it's all in first.
I had a little trouble getting the image of Nyla passed out on Luke's back. You said this in paragraph one and the last paragraph (it was in the same sentence as a third person mistake)....I don't know if you meant to say that Nyla was on her back, but for some reason it read that Nyla was on luke's back. Maybe you meant it like he was carrying her? I'm not really sure what was going on...it just might need to be a little clearer.

There were a few spelling mistakes, but I'm not one to speak...=) Only one sentence is bothering me..."I would like that my name is Nyla." If you are showing your reader that Nyla isn't her real name, maybe you could say something like "I would like it if you called me Nyla". If Nyla is her real name...I would just say "My name is Nyla" or something along that line. It just reads a little awkward when it is put the other way...

Overall, I really liked this chapter! I liked how you gave the reader an interesting history on Luke, and you did a really good job with Luke's pov. I like watching the relationship between them grow...keep writing!!



Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

kick your buttercup

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much for the review. Went ahead and made the changes. I really love you're reviews.
luvs2write

9 Years Ago

You're welcome =)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

306 Views
2 Reviews
Added on January 12, 2015
Last Updated on January 14, 2015