The Unknown

The Unknown

A Chapter by kick your buttercup

Nyla POV
It all happened so suddenly. One minute I was with Luke the next Ike was standing near me. This wasn't like my dreams though. None of the signs were here.
" We are not in a dream Nyla. You're spirit is with me while your body is with the boy Luke. Before you bembard me with questions allow me to explain."
This didn't make any sense how could I be at two places at once.
 He motioned toward the ground for us to sit. I gave him a look for a minute or two but joined him.
" Nyla you are not normal you have a great potential that will come your way when you turn 18. Due to this people have hunted you down to control you. Those men tonight are no exception they were with a group called Shadows. Now this is all I can tell you the rest you will find out the day before you turn 18.
Before I could stop myself I was already standing anger swelling over me. I had reach my breaking point. I was done with him beating around the bush. for 18 years he kept me in the shadows. But not anymore.
"NO! Ike after almost 18 years of this I've had it.( Voice please don't shake) Now you either go into more detail now or you can forget this whole excepting thing you babble about.
Ike glanced upward at me. For the the first time I saw his face he looked to be around my age with fear written all over it. I realized then I shouldn't of brought that up.
"What did you just say?" I was determined to stand my ground this time despite my timid nature.
"I said tell me now. I have the right to know if all of this could kill me." He huffed in anger and looked at me.
"Very well, ask what you want."
A grin grew on my face and I realized I was speechless. So many questions so little time.
" What am I? What do I have to accept? Is my mom involved in this? Finally what is choosing me?
Ike took his time to give me an answer I wanted.
" You are the last descendent of Valentina a fierce warrior who protected the universe. She was human but held the ability to withstand pain something ancient creatures wanted. Unfortunately if I go into to much detail I will die. The reason I can only tell you certain things is because I'm your guide. If I tell you everything then my job is done and I can not provide the help you will need."
I stared at him with compassion in my eyes " So once you do your job will you" I began to choke on my words.
Ike never looked over at me. He didn't want to see me upset over him and so I let him continue.
 "
You're mother is involved but you can never see her. If you do you will die."
A silence fell over us as I stared down at the floor. "Its time for you to wake up Nyla otherwise you're soul will be lost."
I glanced at him and stood up. " I don't know how to get back."
"All you have to do is think about where you're body. Feel every molecule in it. Start at you're feet and move upward." 
I focused my mind an began to see my body. Almost like I was floating above myself. As I felt my molecule's from my feet to me head each connection I made felt like a chain was put on me until I entered my body. 


© 2015 kick your buttercup


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I have less and less to comment about. A few typos here and there but nothing that took away from your writing. In the dialogue it did seem a bit unrealistic when Ike said ''Unfortunately if I tell you I will die...'' I would think about taking out the unfortunately or replacing it with something else. This is my favorite chapter so far.

Posted 8 Years Ago


I can tell you're improving, this chapter was really good! I liked reading it, and I like how you are switching between POVs. Great work!! A deeper look....

Description wise, this was a lot better. I really loved the description in the last paragraph, it felt like I was in it. =) You have a nice start to your chapter too, you used a good attention grabber. I was wondering though, how Nyla felt when she was suddenly in a different place? About three paragraphs in you mention that she was angry...but I'd like to know a little more. Was she in a confuse daze? Was she afraid...I think just one sentence might make the difference here.

There are a few typos and grammar errors, mostly just missing commas. Nothing huge. =) The dialogue seemed different in this chapter than in the others...is it because Ike talks more buisiness like than normal? Or maybe I just miss Luke..=D

Anyway, this was a great chapter. Keep writing!!

Posted 9 Years Ago


kick your buttercup

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much for the review, I made that change. Also while I was writing this I missed Luke so.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

184 Views
2 Reviews
Added on January 18, 2015
Last Updated on January 20, 2015