Morning

Morning

A Chapter by kick your buttercup

I lunged forward when I was back in my body. The first person I saw was Luke he was directly over me. Only inches away from my face.

" Oh thank God Ny you had me so worried. Let me catch you up then you are at my house and its 5:30. So if you don't want you're dad to call you and see why you missed school then i'd get ready."

I jumped out of bed and my whole body began to scream. I had forgotten about the cuts on my body. " Luke could you go somewhere and just get me a shirt and jeans." 

" Already thought ahead. When I was at you're house I grabbed the majority of your clothes." 
I gave him a smile. He was always one step ahead when it counts. 

I scurried off to the bathroom where my clothes were. I jumped in his shower, unable to comprehend all that happened. I began to think of new questions. Does dad know? What will happen to Ike? Is my mom alive? As these thoughts were processing through my head I suddenly felt a wave of relief come over my body. 

I looked at my arm and saw that water was entering my cuts and closing them. I was stunned unable to move only to watch the water heal me. Every cut that was healed made me more relaxed and stress free. When I was fully healed I  threw on a t shirt and jeans  and went down stairs. Luke was still getting ready so I began to make breakfast for him. 

" Lets see Luke has practice today so he'll need a lot of protein." I began to scurry around the kitchen to find ingredients for an Omelet and hash browns. By the time I had finished Luke was downstairs sitting down at the table. 

" Dang Ny I can't remember my last home cooked meal. It smells amazing though, where'd you learn to cook like that."

I peeked over my shoulder to squinch up my face at him.
" You know if you had bothered to ask how to cook instead of eating out all the time you could do this yourself."  Luke laughed at my response.

" And I learned when I was either six or seven." As I flipped the last omelet I placed it in front of Luke who's face was in a book for once.

" Last minute studding I see." He took a bite of the hash browns and stuck his tongue out at me.
"EEEEEWWWWW!" I jumped up and ran to the other side off the kitchen while Luke chased me around the table. 

" Come on Ny its not that gross let me show you."

 Before I could run out off his reach he had me picked up above the ground arms around my waist. As I playfully began to kick my feet in the air for escape. He walked me over to the living room where he threw me on the couch. I was laughing so hard I nearly peed myself.

Then I realized Luke wasn't laughing anymore. I looked up and saw Luke right above me his face was stone cold serious. " Ny listen... I want you to know." Before he could finish I had reached up and put my arms around him for a tight hug. 

"Dont blame yourself. You could not stop this. They have been after me from the start okay." 
His eyes began to water as he looked at me. I saw hesitation in his face. As if he was debating to tell me something or not. I sat up and gave him an ice cold look.

"Luke do you know something you're not telling me?" He jolted at my question and gave me his half attempt to play off the whole scenario.

" What on earth are you talking about Ny? You know I could never lie to you."

" Then why are you right now! I can tell that you are. Luke the last thing I need is my best friend to be one of those guys from last night. So please tell me the truth no lies."

He took a moment to ponder his thoughts but not ever breaking my gaze. "Ny if I tell you I will disappear and I don't want that. But you will know everything soon enough. I mean look at where you're cuts were. Thats not normal and you know that." 

I jumped up from the couch and grabbed my book bag ready to walk out the door. I had a firm grip on the door when suddenly Luke was towered over me holding the door frame so I couldn't leave.
"Ny please don't get mad you know I would never hurt you. I mean if I wanted to which I don't. It would of been the night we met but I didn't. So please hear me out.'

I stood there and looked up at him. He looked hurt, also a hint of fear in his eyes. Almost pleading me to listen.

"Nyla please! I can tell you everything when your 18. Okay?"

This was our first fight I had no idea what to do. I just didn't want to lose my best friend.

"Okay" I sighed. Luke pulled me into a tight hug. And hesitated a moment " So you ready for school?" 

" Ready as Ill ever be." He gave me that smile and ushered me out the door for school.  


© 2015 kick your buttercup


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Yay!! Luke is back in this chapter!! =) A good read, but there are a few things that I will touch on...

First, this chapter is mostly dialogue. That's not a bad thing, it actually makes for a nice fast paced read. However, there were some run on sentences. It made your dialogue really hard to understand...you might just want to go back and clear up a few things. Pretend like you are listening in to Luke and Nyla having this conversation. Where would they pause and sigh? Where would there voices sound strained? Just little things like that and correcting the run ons will make the dialogue a lot easier to understand.

I was a bit confused in paragraph five, when Nyla was taking a shower. You started to list all of these questions, and I could feel the anxiety...then you said a wave of relief washed over her. I'm not sure if you meant something else, or if a wave of relief really did wash over her. If she really was feeling relief though, you might want to add a sentence or two to before it. I felt like it was build up, build up, build up, and then WHAM all of the sudden she is feeling relief. You might just need a few sentences to gradually bring Ny down so that the reader isn't confused.

I think that about sums it up! You've got a really nice book going here. Keep writing to the finish!!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Yay!! Luke is back in this chapter!! =) A good read, but there are a few things that I will touch on...

First, this chapter is mostly dialogue. That's not a bad thing, it actually makes for a nice fast paced read. However, there were some run on sentences. It made your dialogue really hard to understand...you might just want to go back and clear up a few things. Pretend like you are listening in to Luke and Nyla having this conversation. Where would they pause and sigh? Where would there voices sound strained? Just little things like that and correcting the run ons will make the dialogue a lot easier to understand.

I was a bit confused in paragraph five, when Nyla was taking a shower. You started to list all of these questions, and I could feel the anxiety...then you said a wave of relief washed over her. I'm not sure if you meant something else, or if a wave of relief really did wash over her. If she really was feeling relief though, you might want to add a sentence or two to before it. I felt like it was build up, build up, build up, and then WHAM all of the sudden she is feeling relief. You might just need a few sentences to gradually bring Ny down so that the reader isn't confused.

I think that about sums it up! You've got a really nice book going here. Keep writing to the finish!!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

242 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 20, 2015
Last Updated on January 28, 2015