Battlefield.

Battlefield.

A Poem by A Risen Heroine.
"

^^

"

What a battlefield

My heart and sanity draw their sword

Blood spots are on the field

My Heart and Sanity struggles

Who’ll win?

I don’t know anymore

It seem like an eternal fight

Yet, how much more can the battlefield take?

Across every cut

Blood appears, is it coming from the heart?

The Sanity?

Or the battlefield?
None of them will get out unharmed

The heart will be filled with holes, the sanity will become insanity

And the battlefield will lay there, rotten and buried in darkness.


Written By: A Fallen Heroine.

Date: 6th of July 2011.

Dedication: The Ones Who Gives A Damn.

© 2011 A Risen Heroine.


Author's Note

A Risen Heroine.
Ignore Grammar Problems Please.
Honest Opinion As Always.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

another nice work of yours.

Posted 12 Years Ago


True, very true.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I can really picture this out. There's a lot of great words here and wondering of the future. This is written out very well. Great write. :)
Love the colors!

Posted 12 Years Ago


clear imagery and the point i think hits the right spots.. you express the notions well..

Posted 12 Years Ago


I have to give it a NO! In my opinion, as a struggle ensues, there is much more than a simple heart beat, not that you should write longer, but that if its short, then it might as well be VERY captivating. To me, this was not, the poetry in the battle is lost when you state things very plainly.

Posted 12 Years Ago


wow. Fantastic poem! SO much feelings in this one. I love the imagery. Battle between our heart and mind... is on-going.. love the concept. ^o^ It flows well.. and nice to read. Great write!

Posted 12 Years Ago


you've painted the bloodiest of battlefields quite accurate of the emotions involved...

Posted 12 Years Ago


Cerebral and Visceral, a quiet hidden struggle for any normal human being. Trying to figure out whether to think your heart or your mind. Whether to think things out or just go for it. It's a battle that I've always struggled with, though I usually side with my logical, but have made grave mistakes with both. I loved this poem, and the topic you choose, as you already know. I loved the flow and how you packed all that needed to be send in this short, but magnificent poem. Great job, I'm glad I read this!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Not only is this well written, but you also used the color to greatest advantage. Well done. Keep on penning.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like the idea of a battle between heart and sanity. Very clever.

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

553 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 6, 2011
Last Updated on July 6, 2011

Author

A Risen Heroine.
A Risen Heroine.

Denmark



About
Hello my dear readers, I'm so sorry I won't post that much... God bless you all. (: ~A Risen Heroine~ more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..