Abortion Story #2

Abortion Story #2

A Chapter by Prochoice_MLB

I was 22 years old and an active service duty woman. I was in training command that had no pregnancy policy so when I found out I was pregnant I had two options: have an abortion or lose my military career and with it, my paycheck, shelter and medical insurance. I have never been so upset or desperately on a decision in my life. I was raised Catholic and had heard all the stories they tell of woman regretting it and I had always wanted to be a mother.

I went to a female sergeant to ask for advice and she told me that she had an abortion in training command too. She explained that it could be done by a pill and drove me to the clinic and made sure I was ok. I could not even fathom how my life would be right now if I had chosen to go through with the pregnancy and ended up homeless with my kid taken away or miscarried from lack of medical care. I have valued every single moment of relief knowing that I am able to choose when to have a child and knowing the years I promised and dedicated to serving my country can actually be served.


© 2019 Prochoice_MLB


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

265 Views
Added on August 30, 2017
Last Updated on May 3, 2019
Tags: #abortion, #story, #AINM