Abortion Story #5

Abortion Story #5

A Chapter by Prochoice_MLB
"

(August 20, 2018)

"
Last year my life went up in flames, as I was brutally tortured, gangraped, and impregnated. After that I was incredibly suicidal, even more so when I found out I was pregnant. I am an study abroad student and in my home country abortion is strictly illegal. I did not know what the laws were here (South Africa). I was on the verge of ending it when a close friend told me about Marie Stopes abortion clinics.

She saved my life with that information. I never regretted or thought twice about my decision. I am still living with severe PTSD and RTS, as a result of the rape, but at least I am alive.

The first time I shared my story, I was flooded with hate from pro-lifers. I remember one specifically; telling me that I should be raped (again) till I become pregnant, and then tied to a chair till I give birth. Apparently that is the only way to make up for what I did.

These were the same people who told me that I deserved what happened. They victim blamed and s**t-shamed me non stop. Not once bothering to think that I would have died without that abortion. Not caring about my life for a second. And yet still claiming to fight for life.... What they said really got to me, it still does. Not so much the words (I know they are untrue), but the absolute cruelty of these people.

That’s when I saw the true face of the pro-life movement. Not fighting for life, but fighting against women, against freedom. A reductionist movement - reducing us to incubators. Willing to justify (and in my case encourage) rape.

But regardless of all they say I am still alive, and I really think it is important to keep speaking out.
So thank you so much for the awareness you are creating.

- ScienceKitty


© 2019 Prochoice_MLB


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

58 Views
Added on August 28, 2018
Last Updated on May 3, 2019