Chapter 7 The Mission

Chapter 7 The Mission

A Chapter by Alex
"

Austin trains to be able to infiltrate the Governments biggest headquarters.

"
I reach the science lab a little while later. "Hello Mr. Conway, find this place easily?" Captain Ross says to me as i open the door and walk in. 
"Yeah, your sector is big but nicely labeled." There were street signs all around just like back home. It really wasn't difficult at all. 
"So have you decided about the mission yet?" He asked me. I look up from the ground and see him looking at me along with another man in a white lab coat. I'm guessing he must be Doctor John Smith. 
"Yeah" I pausing for about three seconds before i tell them my decision. "I'll do it." " Excellent!" they both say at the same time almost like its planned. "This is Doctor Smith." I shake the man's hand and give him a little accepting nod 
"I have heard a lot about you Austin" Doctor Smith said. He had a deep but inviting voice. "Now let me explain how this is going to turn out. Basically what i can do is coat your body with his skin. It will make you have his same voice and looks. As long as you learn everything about this mans life no one will suspect you are a rebel soldier and not a Spec Ops leader. Now, as most people know, the ability that a person is given is connected to your brain. Since you'll still have your same brain, you'll still have your ability and not his. Recently, we have figured out how to fix that. Now,"
 It seemed like he had used now like fifteen times in his lecture so far but, i could still easily understand him. 
"like I was saying, we have found a child who has the ability to give people abilities and even choose which abilities are given." 
"Wait" I chime in "My fait is going to be left in the hands of some kid?"
"Austin i know this may concern you but, he is well trained and has never failed. He is our only hope to find out who is the leader behind the government. What he is going to do is give you the power of telekinesis."
"Will it be permanent?" I ask excitedly. I realize earlier I was being a bit of a hypocrite. I was worried about my fait being decided by a kid when in reality the entire rebellion would be putting their faith in a kid as well. Except this kid was a bit older but still a kid at heart; Me.
"No, it will not be. Since he is only a child he has not mastered his ability yet. Now, back to what i was saying before. So far the longest he has been able to sustain his ability is two months. This Spec Ops agent also has an extraordinary memory. Well give you that power too. Since you will be given two abilities it may not last as long as two months. Now, we will start this as soon as possible. With the ability of the "super memory" you will be able to learn everything about this man's life in a matter of hours. After that well drop you off close to the government side of the dead zone and you'll have to find your way there. This man is very high up in their rankings and once you're found by any agents you'll be taken to their biggest head quarters." 
I remember every thing he had just said and I realize that this shouldn't be terribly hard or dangerous as long as no one finds out who I really am. "All right lets go. Let me take on all the abilities." 
"We'll be ready for you in an hour or so Austin. Why don't you go say your goodbyes to your friends from your old sector. I have heard there is a pretty blonde girl who has a thing for you." Doctor smith says with a smile. I smile back at him and turn to walk out the door.
"Oh, and one more thing." Captain Ross says "You will still be able to use your fire powers when you're behind enemy lines. Don't ever use them. Not even to light a match."
"And also when you finally figure out who the leader is, call Captain Ross on your ILife. Only when you figure out who it is because we will fly down with a small unit and rescue you." The doctor says. I nod and leave the room
I wonder what Tori is going to think about this. At this time in our life i hope we both realize that this is just a duty we all have to do things we don't want to. We can't get too attached. I wander back to the cabin and knock on the door. i know it's my cabin but i forgot a key and the door is locked. Tori answers the door and looks up. 
"Oh well look who's finally back!" She says with a smile on her face. 
"I need to talk to you about something." The look quickly turns from a smile to a look of concern 
"You decided to do the mission didn't you?" I nod "That's very noble of you." I see one single tear go down her face. "Well good luck to you." She then says with a smile and hugs me. Her hugs are always warm and inviting. I love feeling her chest press up against my upper stomach. Not in a perverted way, just in a comforting way, if that makes any sense. "Just be careful" She looks up and kisses me on the cheek. Our eyes lock and i move my face closer to hers. We kiss and its the most amazing feeling i have ever had. 
She pulls away and i look down and say "Don't worry, ill come back. For you."
My ILife starts to vibrate. I click on it and the texts appears instead of any voices coming up. It reads come back to the science lab. We are ready to begin with the procedure. Captain Ross. I look at Tori and she looks back at me. "Well Austin, good luck and I can't wait to see you in a couple of months."
I walk back to the science lab. It seems like all i do is walk recently. I walk past people sitting on benches, having conversations, without any cares in the world. I think to myself and wonder if the government bases are like this. I know most people, including me, think they are barbaric and have no civilians but i must be wrong. They probably think the same is true for us. 
I get back to the lab and the door is open. "Austin, this is Jonathan. He will be the one to give you the powers of the Spec Ops." I give him a solute showing him that he is just as important, if not more, as i am in this mission. I also realize that Captain Ross is no longer here. "Are you ready Austin?" Doctor Smith asks
"Yes" I reply. i am kind of excited to have another ability even if it is just for a little while. I towards the other side of the room and sit down in a chair. My arms and legs are tied down "Just in case". This makes me a little more skeptical than i was before. 
"Don't worry." Jonathan says with a warm smile "Nothing had ever gone wrong before. Now just close your eyes and it will be over soon." He puts his hand on my forehead and i feel heat. I can barely remember this feeling of heat because, ever since i have had my ability heat had never bothered me. My brian started to hurt and then my body started shaking. I tried to call out, because i was scared, but my voice didn't travel. I'm not even sure if i can move my mouth. Finally there is a black light that starts getting closer and closer to the center of my vision until everything is black. In this moment i feel calm and ready for the future. 


© 2012 Alex


Author's Note

Alex
Reread chapter 5 before reading this one because i did change it a little bit. Also if you're new to the book then read all the chapters!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

that was very engaging but short. grammar errors and such. lenghthen it. prism technique.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

305 Views
1 Review
Added on August 1, 2012
Last Updated on September 24, 2012
Tags: #Powers #government #sciencefict


Author

Alex
Alex

Writing
Before the Hit Before the Hit

A Chapter by Alex


The Hit The Hit

A Chapter by Alex