Chapter 4 Awakening

Chapter 4 Awakening

A Chapter by Alex
"

After a quick dream of Austin's past he is rudely awakened and forced to make some quick decisions

"
i'm in a dream world. It feels so real. My vision is blurred but everything besides that feels like real life. I'm in my old room about 12 years ago. I can hear my Mom and Dad talking to Jack. I stand up and walk out of my room, towards the noises. "Well look who's finally up." Jack looks in my direction and then back to my parents. His short brown hair looks just as i remember it. He's wearing a short sleeved shirt and i can see his tattoo of an eagle on his forearm. It looks like its looking towards the sky, sitting on clouds. It meant a lot to Jack and he always said when i was 18 he would take me to get a tattoo that symbolized my ability. If only that could have happened. 
"So Mom, Dad, what do you guys think about this new job?" Jack asks. 
"I think its a great opportunity Jack and you could be set for life!" my Dad says excitedly. He still has a glow in his voice like he used to before our family was split apart. "Wait whats going on?" i asked. Jack told me that he was getting a job with the government. Tomorrow he would leave for training to become a Spec Ops Agent. Basically this means that he would work with a small group of specials, usually three or four at a time, and do numerous jobs such as go on assassination missions for the government or even act as a security guard. 
"That sounds like a great opportunity! i wish i could do that!" As the words slipped from my tongue i realizes that those words were the exact words i said to him the day he told me. If I was given a choice now I would have screamed. I would have yelled at him to reconsider because in the end, this moment in time is what made us so different from each other. 
"Get up, Get up!" A woman's voice yells at me. My eyes slowly open. Tears were running down Tori's face as she grabs my shirt and shook me. Her blonde hair was all over the place "They've found us we need to move to Sector Seven!" 
I hear an explosion and see a flashing light. I can tell Tori is screaming at me with all her might but I can't hear anything. All I hear is a white noise. A constant beep that slowly gets quieter until my heads back. I jump up quickly and look behind Tori. A man walks through the hole he just blew into my wall. I quickly fling a fireball at him and strike him straight in the face. I run past Tori and check on my victim. He's still breathing but, is unconscious. I touch his chest and use the deadliest attack in my arsenal. I feel the heat come from my heart and move up into my shoulder, then down my arm. The bright light reaches my palm and then transfers into the body of the Spec. Ops. I have just set his heart on fire. The only way he could defy death at this point is turn his entire body into water or sand or some other substance. It doesn't  seem like this fellow has the power that would save his life in this situation. My finisher move seems a little inhumane but, in reality it kills my opponent quickly and, we were at war. All is fair in love and war. 
"Otto!" Tori yells as she sees our friend across the hall way. She creates a force field just in time around his whole body right before he is hit by a giant dresser. After the hit the force field disappeared and Otto falls to the ground. He holds his hand out towards his left. 
"He better know what he's doing" I think to myself. A giant person jumps from the other room. He was about three times the size of an average person and had enormous muscles everywhere. Clearly his power was enhanced strength. He stands right above Otto and clenches his hands together. He was about to bring them down when a human sized robot quickly dashes from Otto's left. 
"Close one" I think. The robot and the gigantic man hit fists at the same time. There hands stay touching for a little while. It looks like it's an even match. I wonder what the robot would be feeling if it had emotions. "I've got this guy no sweat!" or "Holy s**t, Otto better get out of here i can't defend him much longer!" In my peripheral vision i see a sphere coming towards me. I turn to my left and quickly bring up a wall of flames. The entire hall way is now covered in smoke. I can't see anything at all. it was clearly a water wielder before me. 
"Tori bring up a force field around us about 20 feet." I don't need to yell it i know she is within a couple feet of me. A see through purplish tinted bubble surrounds myself, Tori, Otto, his robot and the Gigantasaurus guy attacking Otto. I turn to my right to see Gigantasaur pick up the robot and rip him in half. 
Sometimes, i act on instinct. Its not a super power like some people have just me thinking i know whats going to happen next. I let my chest head towards the ground and right before it hits i light my feet. I soar towards my foe and right when my shoulder hits his leg I shoot two fire balls up towards his face with both my hands. It surprises him and he stumbles backwards. At this moment Tori changes her normal protective shield into an electric bubble. When he hits the wall his body starts flailing in all sorts of directions like he's having seizer. 
Tori turns off her shield and he hits the floor with a huge thud. "The bigger they are the harder they fall" I think to myself. There, I'm getting better at the witty puns even though i would never say that out loud. I quickly realize that i can't have a conversation with myself. I need to get out of here. Tori was good defense, besides the fact that she couldn't use her most powerful ability, to extinguish the other abilities around her, because she hadn't gotten enough rest after being woken up so early in the morning by the intruders. She must be way to tired and there are too many enemies to concentrate on. Otto wasn't much help at this point because he can only manipulate machines. It seemed like all his personal robots had been broken by the falling ceiling and flames around us. 
"Alright follow behind me!" i yell out to all of them. "Grab any survivors you can and lets get to sector seven." I hold my hands forward and shoot rays of fire through the wall to my right. We start running as i keep destroying the walls that would stand in our way. We need to get to the hanger area. At least its not far from here. After what seems like an eternity, which was only about five minutes, we reach the hanger. We sneak up and head towards the main door. There are at least 10 specials standing throwing every thing they've got at the sealed door in front of them. Our security system is good. When we don't want a room to be entered it is sealed with some of the strongest metals in the world. The problem is how would we get into the room. Otto could talk to the defense system and let us in but then all the Spec. Ops. would be able to enter with us and that would risk more of our comrades to be injured. 
I realize what we must do. "Tori." I whisper. She looks me right in my eyes. it feels as though she's looking into my soul, trying to comfort me. I can't let myself get distracted by her beauty "Could you create a force field around all of them and hold them until Otto can let us in that door?" She nods and turns to the enemies. The purple tinted walls surrounded them all. 
They all started yelling and freaking out "What the hell is this?!" 
"Get us out of here!" 
"Son of a b***h where are you?!" Lucky they were all just goons and not real Spec. Ops. The goons were the new warriors. They were usually rated between a 2 and a 5 and weren't the brightest of the governments army. 
"Now Otto!" I yelled out. All the goons look at me, cursing. Wishing they could break the force field and wring my neck. The door opens and we all quickly ran into the hanger room. After the strong doors close Tori turns off her shield.
I look around the room and see a ton of people from our sector scrambling to cruisers. "There's one over here with some room!" A person who I didn't really recognize yells out to the three of us. I think i remember him from basic training but i can't quite think of his name. We all hop in and the ship takes off. 
"Hopefully well find a new home at Sector Seven." He says. He looks over and gives us a half smile. You can tell he's sad to be leaving his home. The ship is medium sized and sits about 8 people in the back and probably two in the drivers section which is in front. Of us there's Me, Tori, Otto, the man who flagged us down. A mother and child, another women who looks to be alone and another man. The ship flies along side about forty other ships including our sectors biggest ship. This means that most of our company must have made it out alive. It will take around 2 hours to travel to sector seven if all goes well. To our left one of the cruisers bursts into flames and falls out of the sky. 
"S**t we've got something on our tale!' The pilot yells back 
"Who can fly?!" Woman who has the child cries out. I raise my hand and so does the other mysterious man sitting to my right. The door opens and the wind hits my face. It seems like we're moving around 200 miles per hour. Not a problem for me. I look at Otto and give him a slight smile and then look at Tori. I give her a kiss on the cheek like we often do. It's just a friendly joke she started ever since Otto said we would be a cute couple together years before. I wish it wasn't only a joke. I jump out of the cruiser and do a little flip. Even though we are at war and in danger i still love the feel of the wind through my long hair. I drop about 80 feet and then turn to face what's attacking my friends. I feel the heat travel from my heart to my hands and feet and i take off ready to engage.


© 2012 Alex


Author's Note

Alex
Please read the first three chapters before this one and comment on any of the chapters you like! i would love some opinions from you guys!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

that is pretty good, but just as previous chapters, you could work on it more.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Alex

11 Years Ago

thank you! ill fix it eventually and hopefully you keep reading!
do you know what i just love about the author, james patterson? besides his terrific stories, of course...it is his short chapters....u can always find a place to stop reading for a while.....break it up with some white space at least.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Duded you really need to break up that huge paragraph and give us some white space. It will also help find thoses tricky promblems which were few. But I can't tell you where due to the sea of never ending words with the smallest print. But the story does not disappoint. Show it the respect it asking for. White space is cheap.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Now THIS is getting interesting... I agree with Kadessa please keep me posted on the next release!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Alex

11 Years Ago

thanks! I'm gonna try and proof read the other ones and then ill post more!
I think this is your strongest chapter, but that is probably because it is nearly a single scene, and as I've observed before I think that is your strength. One word, though, as before: proofread! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Alex

11 Years Ago

ok i will thanks!
on the edge of my seat, when does the next chapter come out?

Posted 11 Years Ago


Alex

11 Years Ago

I try and get them out every couple of days. Before I was doing a chapter for every review but now i.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

400 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 24, 2012
Last Updated on September 28, 2012
Tags: #Powers #government #sciencefict


Author

Alex
Alex

Writing
Before the Hit Before the Hit

A Chapter by Alex


The Hit The Hit

A Chapter by Alex



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


a drop of life a drop of life

A Poem by Pax