Chapter 6 A Choice

Chapter 6 A Choice

A Chapter by Alex
"

Austin decides wether or not to go on the mission during daily life at Sector Seven

"
We walk out of the office and before i can even start to rethink what just Tori goes to put her two cents in. "Look I know this could be the difference between us winning this war or, being enslaved by the government again but, why you? Isn't it a little strange that he doesn't have any other men to send out?" She does have a point. "It's probably because I'm not in one of his units. Why would he want to put one of his own men on the line when he can ask me, a guy who could only be here for a couple of weeks." "You're thinking of leaving? Captain Ross said everyone would be getting new units soon!" She says. "Well, i was thinking of taking a little time off soon and visiting my parents." I answered her. "Oh great, you really think that's such a great idea? That could be even more dangerous than the mission you were assigned to!" She was right. My parents lived in government land. If I walked in myself the Spec Ops would surly know i was there. Then i would be killed and who knows what would happen to my parents for harboring a fugitive. I just look at Tori and shrug. "It's just been a while since i have seen them, that's all"
Now it's around nine in the morning. The cafeteria was opening up. All the sectors have giant cafeterias. The size depends on how many people inhabit the sector and since Sector Seven was huge, it was a big cafeteria. Back in Sector Nine, we could usually choose from around 2 foods each day. Here, it was like paradise. It was just like the cafeterias in the super malls back when I was a kid. I walk up and grab a large thing of fries and keep walking until i can find a pizza stand. I see Otto in the distance. "Hey man, come sit with me and Tori." I say as i get close to him. The place is crowded but not crowded enough that we can't hear each other from 20 feet away. "Sorry man I can't. You know how you ditched me last night? Well i ended up going out and meeting some cute girls." He points over to a table about 50 feet to our lefts. "Are they Specials or normal girls?" i wanted to know because normal girls always went for Specials. "They are normal girls." He replied "Cuz you know, normal girls always go for Special guys!" "Alright man well i'll see you later."
I keep walking and get my pizza. After a while i finally find Tori sitting at a table. She's about half done with a salad. I'm not really sure why she always eats salads because she's so skinny and fit as it is. Maybe it was the reason she was so skinny and fit. I decide not to say anything like usual because that's one of the many things you don't hint about around a girl, her weight. Even if I think she's perfect she'll find some way to twist my words. She interrupts my thought by saying. "You should have gotten salad like me! You won't be able to keep all your muscles and stamina up if you keep eating like that!" "You know I'm not a salad person" I say back. We eat our meals and never touch the subject of my mission. If she doesn't want to bring it up right now then neither do I
I still think about it though, and what i should do. A huge part of me knows that its very important and that it would be a great honor to be the one to complete the mission. My name would go down in history. On the other hand, i could be killed which, well obviously isn't good. 
After lunch Tori goes to lay down in the room for a quick nap. She asks me to join her but i stupidly decline. I probably should just lay down with her and maybe even get passionate but, i have a lot of things to think about and i can't add anymore to my plate. I walk around and see the ship hanger, i see the giant training center. They have all sorts of stations to keep everyone in top shape when they don't have any missions to run for a while. I go in and look around. I find a station where you can shoot, basically whatever, at a bunch of targets. Some move and others just pop out quickly or stay in the same place. I do it and hit 28 out of 30. I miss one at the very beginning because i don't know the game had started and i hit a "civilian" green target which i guess only counts for minus one. I leave the small room and enter the giant room where it seems like everyone off duty is. I walk around saying hello to old friends from Sector Nine when I see a young girl. She's around the age of 14 and is standing over a small fire. She's creating force fields around it to try and put out the flame. One of the many abilities Tori has. 
I walk over and say "Need some help?" "With what? i think I'm doing a pretty good job!" She's right she does continuously block the flow of oxygen to the fire, causing it to disappear. I kneel down next to her as she tried to get the fire started again. I put my hand over the stack of logs and catch it on fire. "Wow that's totally cool! Thanks Mr..." "Austin" I say. "You can call me Austin. And what's your name young miss?" "My name is Abby." "Well nice to meet you." I say "You know if you're ever not busy, I have a friend back in refugee cabin 4433 who has the same force field ability. I bet she could show you a thing or two." "Why is she stationed in the refugee cabins if she has a power?" She asks with a puzzled look on her face. "We're both from Sector Nine. The one that was just attacked and destroyed." I say, looking down at the ground. It hasn't really hit me yet that my home is lost forever. "Awww, I'm sorry Austin but, Sector Seven is a great place! you'll love it here." She says with a smile on her face. It's nice to see such joy still lies in children. 
I leave the training room and start to head back to my cabin. As I'm about half way there my ILife starts to vibrate. I look at it and its a picture of Captain Ross, with his name under it. I click the center button and say 'Hello?" "Hello Austin this is Captain Ross." I look around and realize that the noise isn't coming from the ILife. I then touch my ears and see if i have the head phones in. I don't. "Don't be startled Austin." Says the voice of Captain Ross again. "I'm only in your head. This is the way i communicate with the people of this sector since my ability is mind reading. Don't worry, I won't read your mind unless you are on call with me with your ILife. I signed a document years ago when I took over this sector stating that i wouldn't read the minds of the people here. I would be no better than the government if i did that wouldn't I? Anyways please meet me in the west science lab with your decision as soon as you can. Thank you." My ILife then powered itself out of the call. Very fancy trick. I knew that Tori would probably be mad that I didn't go and get her before this but, she could be pissed that I woke her up from her nap.
I continue to the science lab on my own. I know what i must do now. I must put my soul into this Spec Ops' body for the good of the rebellion. Hopefully all will go well...


© 2012 Alex


Author's Note

Alex
Hopefully my editing was a little bit better this time around. As always please read the first 5 chapters before this one

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

like I said before, you need to add more detail. It is a good story though, i really like it. My story is also about a boy who can control fire, I find that Ironic. but, then again, fire is cool. er, hot. whatever. Just keep up the good work. Oh! and also, I like the story, but i'm not in love with Austin yet, ya'know what I mean. You need to make the characters personality come out, and show strongly. You can't just describe things the way you see them, but the way he sees them. It makes us understand what he is going through, and want him to succeed. so just make sure you are showing what he is thinking and going through, it pulls the reader into the story. Make sure that you also describe other characters thoroughly, and bring their personalities out too, and also their relationship with Austin. and when you get to fights, make it tense. use the prism technique to make sure they know what the character is going through at that moment. Also, making the character have a hard time really makes the reader pity him, which, in turn makes the reader love him more. so they always take his side, no matter what. ya 'know what I mean? sorry, that was a much bigger review than I ever planned on. but I ... well ... I'll end it now.
Oh yeah! just one more thing! don't moan, here it is, make sure that you fix those grammar errors, and yeah. that's it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Alex

11 Years Ago

yeah thank you! ill make sure to add more of that and i know what you mean! and yeah i try and go ba.. read more
Still the same problems I have already mentioned. But I am really enjoying the stroy regardless. You are doing well with details, but couldn't hurt to do more. I like to think that the reader is blind. So when I write I try to give details like what I see, smell and hear as well as touch and feel regarding emotions. So add some more is all I am saying. Please keep me I formed when you post a new chapter. I tend to read a lot and you might have seen me around.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Beautiful author websites
Stop wasting time and money on Wix & Wordpress. Authors are creating beautiful websites with Myauthor.space FREE!

Stats

282 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 31, 2012
Last Updated on July 31, 2012
Tags: #Powers #government #sciencefict


Author

Alex
Alex

Writing
Before the Hit Before the Hit

A Chapter by Alex


The Hit The Hit

A Chapter by Alex