Chapter Eleven- Black Dust

Chapter Eleven- Black Dust

A Chapter by AWickedMoon

Chapter 11- Black Dust

 

She started to open her eyes.  Turning her head she expected to see Saf but instead there was a man sitting with his eyes closed…Sahen?  Why was Sahen here?  She looked at him taking him in, his eyes were closed.  He was rather tan for an American and had rather feathery hair.  He was wearing what looked like a well uses pair of jean, with patch work, and a white T-shirt with some strange green symbol on it, and the caption “I don’t run Marathons I play them”.

“Why.”  She murmured and Sahen stirred.

“You’re up.  Why what?”  He answered softly. 

“Where is Saf?”  She asked looking to the ceiling. 

“She just went for a walk a while ago.”  He said pouring a glass of water and handing it to X.  She started to sit up and let out a small grunt.  Her hand went to her stomach and she coughed. 

 

“Hey take it easy.”  He said.  Her finger’s traced the bandages wrapped around her waist.  “Who-” She started before a coughing fit took over.  She put her legs over the side of the bed.  “I have to speak to Saf.”  She choked out. 

 

“She said if you woke up you had to stay in bed…you should lay back down.”  He said getting up and waking over to her, to help

.

 “I do not need help from you.”  She snarled, and as she pressed her palm to his chest to push him away, a bright light erupted from his chest that sent X flying with a thud into the wall behind her.  Sahen stayed where he was in shock, he looked up into a mirror across the room he saw that his eyes were glowing gold.

“What the hell was that?” He said quietly.

 

Gawain was walking up the stairs when he heard a thud come from the room X and Sahen were in.  A bright light started coming from the room as he started to run towards it.   “Sahen!”  He shouted, running into the room only to be stopped dead in his tracks, his heart twisted in his chest at the scene.  He looked at Sahen who seemed to have a golden aura around him almost like an angel.  But his eyes, his irises had grown in size to a bright golden color.  Gawain thought they looked like a falcons eyes.   “Sahen…?  He asked.  Are you ok dude?”  He quickly realized X wasn’t on the bed and added.  “Where’s X?”  He asked looking around and spotting her slumped against the wall.  “Oh no.  What did you do?”  He asked running over to her.  “X?  Can you hear me?”  

 

He quickly looked at her bandages to see if the wound had opened up; there was no red so that was good.  He picked her up in his arms and carried her out of the room away from Sahen. 

 

Sapphire was walking up to check on X when she almost ran into Gawain.  “Woah!  Watch it!”  She said happily to Gawain before her eyes settled on X in his arms.  “What did she do now?!”  Sapphire exclaimed.  “I don’t know but maybe you can ask my glowing friend?”  He looked at her; concern clearly in his eyes.  She looked at X wistfully.  Before saying.  “Of course.  The bedroom is the first door strait down this hall.”  She said before walking towards the medical room.  As soon as she turned into the room she stood in shock.  She almost couldn’t believe her eyes.  Sahen was standing with the faint feathers of brown, black and beige stretched out behind him.  He stood facing one of the walls just staring.  “Sahen?”  She asked.  He whipped his head towards her to look.  She gasped.  The glow around him was making his eye a brighter pure gold color.  She walked towards him.  “Sahen, you have to calm down.”  She spoke softly.  Walking a bit closer she asked.  “Heru…?”  As soon as Sapphire said it Sahen grabbed his head and to the sky let out a blood curdling shriek.  “Ugh!”  Sapphire clamped her hands to her ears and fell to her knees.  Sahen took this chance to dash past her.  “Sahen wait!”  She called out running after him but he was too fast and she lost sight of him on as he ran out the front door.  Well at least know they knew for sure.  She thought to herself before turning around and walked back to make sure X was ok. 

 

When she walked in the room she saw Gawain sitting hunched over in a chair beside the bed with his hands clasped together.  Noticing her he stood up.  “I don’t think her wound has opened up but…she looks rather pale.”  He looked at X who seemed to be sweeting a lot.  He placed his hand on her forehead to find it burning.  “Look I took an advanced first aid course, but I can only help if you tell me what cause her wound.  The symptoms almost look like she was poisoned.”  He said looking away from X and back to Sapphire. 

“Poisoned!”  Sapphire cried out as a mixed look of realization and horror dawned on her face.  She ran over and knelt beside the bed.  “X I need you to wake up.”  She begged gently shaking X.  “You have to tell me how to get to-” She stopped and looked over at Gawain.  “Sapphire, I can help you.”  Gawain said looking at her. She could see her reflection in his lush hazel-green eyes. Putting his hand on her shoulder he opened his mouth to talk but before he could say anything she forcefully shrugged his hand off.  “Leave.”  She commanded standing up.

“Sapphire-” Gawain started.  But sapphire started to push him out the door.

GET OUT!  Sapphire yelled before spewing out a series of insults in Arabic.

“I…” Gawain started, but Sapphire slammed the door in his face before he could finish.  He stood there staring at the door for a few minutes before he felt a pressure on his shoulder.  He looked to see a hand.  “Come we better find Sahen.”  Jenkins said releasing his shoulder.  He followed Jenkins towards the stairs.  They checked the house first in case Sahen had come back.  Finally they walked outside and split up. 

 

Gawain walked to the right, the same way he had gone after Sapphire.  Sifting his way through the tall green trees and ferns he zoned out, thinking of the way she had looked at X.  Like a best friend?  No it was more than that.  She had the same look in her eyes that his dad had when his mother was dying.  A loud “Thump” broke him out of his thoughts.  “Sahen?”  He said out loud and broke out into run towards the sound.  “Argh!”  He heard someone grunt and another “Thump” and he ran faster he could feel his hair being matted down with sweat.  He almost wiped out on a fallen trunk before coming out into a small clearing to see Sahen punching a tree.  “Sahen!”  He yelled breathlessly. 

 

“Gawain?” Sahen turned around looking startled.  “What are you doing here?”

 

“I’m looking for you.”  He said between breaths before spotting a rather comfy looking pile of moss and dropping onto it.  He waited a few minutes to catch his breath.  “So did you walk into a branch or trip over a root?  He asked when he had recovered.

 

“Did I…What?  No why?”  Sahen asked confused and ruffled his fingers thru his dark brown hair.

 

Gawain sat up and leaned back on his palms.  “Well I don’t see why you’re beating up a poor defenceless tree if it didn’t do anything to you?”  He said picking a long thick blade of grass and placing it between his hands he whistled thru it. “You know what I think.”  He said tossing the grass away and placed his hands behind his head.  “I think you ought to apologize.”  He said a smile spreading across his lips.  “And I’m not leaving till you do.” He finished.

 

“I suppose your right” Sahen said looking at the tree and tipped his head.  “I am very sorry tree.”  Before he walked over to Gawain and fell down on the bed of moss beside Gawain letting out a small chuckle.

 

“I think they’re not telling us the whole story.”  Gawain said looking up to the sky.

“Who’s not telling us the whole story?”  Sahen asked looking at Gawain.

“My god you can be dense some times.”  Gawain said giving Sahen the look.  “Sapphire and X there’s something they’re not telling us.  I feel like they know something about your…situation.”  He got up and started pacing.  “Or rather a lot about it but there just not telling us.”

“My situation…?”  Sahen looked down.

“Heru…  X called you Heru.  I believe that’s one of the Egyptian deity’s…something to do with the sun or maybe it was the sky?  Well first off were going to need to find out what kind of “Business trip” they’re on and figure out who they’re working for.”  Gawain was half talking to himself by now.

“Hey should we go back now?”  Sahen asked well distractedly plucking the grass.

Oblivious to the question Sahen had just asked Gawain said.  “We should head back to your place; do you still have that computer?  Oh and we should probably find Jenkins.”  Gawain still talking to himself marched away, Sahen shaking his head at his Sahen followed.

Once they had found Jenkins; dangling from a tree from what seemed to be a booby-trap, and managed to get him down they made their way back to the house.   Gawain had tried knocking on the bedroom door, but Sapphire would only let Jenkins in, and the look on his face when he came out gave Gawain no comfort.  “Sapphire says you can borrow one of the cars to get home, I’ll show you to them.”  The three walked down the grand staircase and turned to the right following Jenkins down a hallway and out a back door which opened up into a lush garden [Insert paragraph about the beautiful garden here] “Whoa, who’s the gardener in the family?”  Sahen asked to no one in particulars walking up to a familiar statue.  “That would be X” Jenkins said standing with his hands clasped behind his back.  “One of her few, useful talent’s.  She’s also an avid reader.” He said continuing to the right where a newly built garage that seemed to be three times the size it needed to be.  Jenkins strolled up to it and unlocked the latch, he ushered them inside and flicked on the light.  Gawain let out a rather girly squeal before his jaw dropped.  “Is that a…”  Gawain trailed off as he walked up to a rather expensive looking black car.  Pointing to something in the back he whispered.  “Is that…a….”  he managed to get out before running to a red car in the back.  “Oh my god it is!  A 1956 corvette in venetian red!”  He looked back at Sahen and Jenkins, then gave them a suspicious look.  “I died didn’t I?  I’ve died and gone to heaven.”  Sahen and Jenkins looked at each other then back at Gawain.  “No you not dead, but I’m afraid that is Sapphires car I don’t think you can take that one,  I think it’s the only other thing she loves next to X.”  Jenkins said sarcastically and Gawain stiffened.  “Well what about that one?”  Sahen broke in pointing to a cobalt blue car. “That’s a 1971 Barracuda.”  Gawain said looking at the car starting to look rather dozy, in fact Sahen was almost positive he was about to start drooling.  “Can we borrow the blue one?”  Sahen asked Jenkins.

“Absolutely, let me just go find the keys.”  Jenkins said walking over to a wooden box hanging from the wall to the right.

 

Sapphire was sitting quietly beside the bed when she saw X start to stir.  “X? Are you ok?”  She asked.  X just looked around the room then settled her eyes on Sapphire a questioning look in her eyes.  “I told Jenkins to let them borrow a car to get home.  This seemed to ease X and she shut her eyes again.  A few moments passed before X’s eyes shot opened and she tried to sit up grunting in pain.  “X!  Lay back down what are you doing!”  Sapphire said.

X looked at Sapphire a strange look in her eyes and managed to cough out.  “Black….dust…”  Sapphires face went pale.  “Tell me you didn’t!”  Sapphire said getting up.  “My….room under…the…bed.”  As soon as X finished talking Sapphire raced out of the room and down to the end of the hallway to the master bedroom. She dashed into the room and jumped over the bed turning midair and sliding down so that she was on her stomach.  Looking under the bed, she saw a small little string and pulled a small square cut out popped out and she reached in grabbing a small vial of blue liquid before taking off down the hallway.

 

Jenkins reached up and flipped up the latch, pulling the cupboard open he heard a soft click.  Paying no attention to it he opened the door and was immediately met with the feeling of glass shards piercing his face.  He fell back in shock.  “Jenkins!” He heard one of the boys call out.  “No!  Stay back you can’t touch it!”  He said causation in his voice.  Black dust…a poison dust from Skyworld, it could kill a man in five minutes from mere contact.  His face felt like hundreds of little bugs were crawling in it.  Well this was a predicament Jenkins thought.

 

“One of us should go get Sapphire.”  Sahen said looking at Jenkins who was now lying on the floor.  “I’ll go-“  Gawain started walking to the door before he was knocked over by Sapphire in a mad dash, they both crumpled to the floor.  Sapphire gave him a quick look then ran over to Jenkins.  “Jenkins!”  She said kneeling beside him.  “Don’t come to close Sapphire… black dust…”  He started coughing.  “It’s ok Jenkins I have the Lotuswater.  Here sit up.”  She said gently and unscrewed the small vial.  She leaned in holding the vial to his lips.  He took a sip and started to feel better.  The clawing feeling retreated from his face and he slowly opened his eyes.  “Sapphire, thank you!  I didn’t realize X had any of the black dust, for that matter, where did she get Lotuswater from?”  He said standing up and looking over to the boys who had some very confused looks on their faces.  “Black dust?” Gawain said at the same time Sahen asked “Lotuswater?”

“I’ll explain another time, you two should be heading home it’s nearly seven pm he said looking at his watch as Sapphire helped him up.  Gawain looked at sapphire, who was covered in sweat and turning red from the strain of supporting Jenkins.  He was not a big man but he was twice her sijze.  He walked over to them.  “Here let me help?”  He asked.

“No, I don’t want you to get the black dust on you.”  Sapphire said plucking a set of keys from the cupboard and tossing them to him.  “Take the Audi, god forbidden you damage one of X’s cars she’d have my head!”  She added before walking towards the door.  She hit a button on the wall, which caused to Garage door to open up.

Gawain looking for an excuse said. “But you’re touching him?”  After he said it he realized how stupid it was and blushed as Sapphire started giggling.  “The door will shut automatically once you leave.”  She said before her and Jenkins disappeared thru the door they had come in.



© 2013 AWickedMoon


Author's Note

AWickedMoon
Let me know what you think! :P

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A little abrupt! But other than that, I loved it!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 10 Years Ago


AWickedMoon

10 Years Ago

How do you think I could make it less abrupt? :
Calibaster

10 Years Ago

I'm not sure, maybe some fillers? Like, ... descriptions. Does that make sense?
Awesome!! I can't wait to see what happens next

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 10 Years Ago


AWickedMoon

10 Years Ago

Thank you! I have the next chapter up! :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
2 Reviews
Added on May 15, 2013
Last Updated on September 10, 2013


Author

AWickedMoon
AWickedMoon

Calgary, I am a fan of the egyptian gods, Canada



About
If you have time check out my Deviant account! http://jadepatterson.deviantart.com/ a> My name is Jade Patterson and I hail from Calgary, Canada. I enjoy dipping in to all genres and trying my h.. more..

Writing
Rant #1 Rant #1

A Story by AWickedMoon