Chapter Twelve-Affair

Chapter Twelve-Affair

A Chapter by AWickedMoon

Chapter 12-Affair

“You know what.”  Sahen said raising his voice so that Gawain could hear it over “Rock you like a Hurricane” that he had blaring out of the radio. 

“What?”  Gawain asked in a tone that said he was clearly grumpy.  Sahen was fairly sure it was because they had to take the blue Audi.  “All those cars and we have to take the girl car.” Gawain had said.  To which Sahen had replied.  “Well technically there all girls cars.”  This had resulted in a murderous look from Gawain.

“I think there not telling us everything.”  Sahen said a smile plastered on his face.

“No s**t Sherlock, what made you come to that conclusion?!”  Gawain said getting agitated.  They pulled into Sahens driveway.

“Woah calm down.” Sahen said looking at Gawain.  As he got out and started walking towards the house Gawain got out of the car and exploded.  “You know what!  Maybe I don’t want to calm down.  All this s***s been going on and you act like nothing is wrong!”  Gawain slammed the car door behind him.

“Look I’m trying my best ok, in the past few days I’ve glowed an excessive amount and half blew someone up!  It hasn’t been easy for me either!”  Sahen said raising his voice.

“She’s not right for you.”  Gawain blurted out looking surprised but kept his gaze steady, his green eyes piercing in to Sahens.

Sahens eyebrows ruffled in to a confused look.  “What do you mean?”

“Jamila I…There’s something off about her.”  Gawain said looking over to the screen door which was moving in the wind.

“I’ve known her for years.”  Sahens defended.

“I know you have but just because you know her, doesn’t mean you know who she is.  Look I just don’t trust her and I feel like you shouldn’t either!” Gawain yelled.

“Well I’m not giving her up.  She’s the one normal thing I have in my life at the moment.”  Sahen said looking to the door that had started to open.

“And since when have you ever wanted normal…”  Gawain said walking back to the car.  As he did giggling came from the door as Jamila and Sahens brother Alan walked out both looking surprised when their eyes settled on Sahen and Gawain.

“Sahen!”  Jamila said running up to him smiling.  Gawain shook his head and hopped in the car tearing down the road. 

“Jamila, where have you been?  You disappeared at the bar and I couldn’t get ahold of you.  Her smile turned into a scowl.

“You know I could ask the same of you, running off in the ally with that tramp!”  Jamila said glaring at him before walking back to Alan.  “Any ways Alan was just going to show me the barn.”

“I thought you didn’t like the farm?”  Sahen asked confused before adding.  “Well I need to go have a shower.  I’ll see you at dinner?”

“Dinner was an hour ago. Brother.”  Alan said before triumphantly stocking off towards the barn Jamila in tow.  Sahen let out a sigh and walked into the house he found his mom in the living room deep in a book and explained that he had hung out with a friend she only replied with “Your 23 dear.”  Then continued to read her book.  He went upstairs to the bathroom and had a shower, brushed his teeth, haven given up on having super he went down to his room.  He face planted into the bed and fell into a dream.

 

He walked along a sandstone corridor as he turned he saw a beautiful painted bowl walking over to it he was surprised to find it filled with a water like substance and by his refection he was tall and toned, and his skin was bronzed almost golden.  He was wearing what seemed to be a double crown; he remembered the name from London.  He touched his face which was adorned with a mask of a bird; it was painted with blue, white, black and gold.  He uncontrollable looked up and asked “Hathor?”  A tall female stepped out, she too had golden skin.  A bright red strapped dress hung from her shoulders, she was beautiful, flawless.  Black hair draped down her shoulders and she playfully danced toward him.  He seemed to be entranced by the way she swayed.

 

” Yes Heru?”  She asked bowing, suddenly closer then he thought. She danced even closer to him and when she stopped she put her hands on the chest, and pressed herself close to him.  Her skin was cold against his own; he hadn’t realized hot he was.  She reached her face up to him and kissed him.  He tried to pull away but his body wouldn’t let him.  He started to heat up more.  He looked to his hand to see it was glowing getting brighter and brighter.  He was sure the heat must be burning this woman, Hathor he thought.  Yet they stayed lips locked until the light became too must to see through.

 

He hit the ground with a thump a slight pain in his arm.  “Father!”  He heard a young boy yell.  He sat up to see a large brown horse to his left.  “Father are you alright?”  Another boy’s voice came.  He looked to his right to see two young boys; one looked to be around 8-9 staring at him with big brown eyes and the darkest black hair, the other an older boy maybe 12  with golden eyes and dark brown hair.  He stood up as he did the older boy said.  “Mother said you shouldn’t ride the horses bare. It is in there nature to be wild.” 

The smaller boy looked startled and pulled on the others arm. “Imsety you shouldn’t talk to father like that.”

Once again his boy involuntary moved into a smile and looked at the younger boy.  “It’s ok Duamutef, he is young but he will learn to respect his elders.”  It was as if someone else was speaking through Sahens new body.  “If this horse is to wild.  Then I will not teach him to be unwild, I will teach him to trust me.”

“Thwip!” He heard a noise before something struck him in the shoulder.  An arrow? He thought as he pulled the object out.  “Heru!”  He heard from behind him as he whipped around another arrow flew towards him but he somehow snatched it out of the air.  He could feel his body heating up in the Egyptian sun.  “Set...” He involuntary spoke.  “Imsety, Duamutef go inside and tell your mother Set is here.  “Yes father.” Duamutef said before grabbing his brother’s hand and running to a large palace in the distance.  And arrow shot towards them but he outstretched him arm and it shot into his arm instead.  Ignoring the pain he said. “They are not involved. Set.”

“Oh but you see they all are.” A deep voice replied as the man walked closer reveling him to be tall with dark hair and a narrow face.  Set had put the bow across his back and had started walking towards him and when he was about five feet away took out a scythe.  Sahen could feel the body he was in starting to glow again; he thought he saw something to his right and in that second Set’s blade came down on his left eye.  He jerked awake, holding his hand to his eye to stop the blood.  After five minutes of franticly trying to find a towel or shirt, he realized his eye wasn’t bleeding.  A dream?  He thought.  He sat on the edge of his bed for what seemed like an hour, before getting up and walking down the hallway. 

It was pitch black but he knew his way down it well.  When he made his way into the kitchen he noticed that it was dark out.  “How long was I out?” He whispered.  Jumping as a small shriek came from down the hall.  It almost sounded like someone was in pain.  He walked down the hall slowly his heart pounding.  He felt the urge to grab something in his hand but there was nothing close enough.  He walked closer to the noise it seemed to be coming from his brother’s room.  Taking a big breath he flung the door open.  He stood in the door frame shocked. 

“WHAT! ARE YOU DOING!”  His brother snapped at him.  “I-”  Sahen started, a girl unraveled from the covers, and at that moment he realized he hadn’t see Jamila since before his shower.  He stared at the girl his eyes easily adjusting to the light.  Her blonde hair fell around her and she smiled at him.  Sahen couldn’t help the gasp that escaped his mouth. He quickly turned around and left the room, walking outside.

 

He continued walking, not paying any attention to where he was going his thoughts swirled around in his head.  Not again, please not again.  Let this be a nightmare. Or maybe I’ve lost it, lost it for real this time. He was surprised when his thoughts ended with one thought, or rather one word.  X.  And accompanying that thought was a thump and a pain on his fore head.  It took him a minute to realize he had walked head first into the barn. 

He turned around leaning his back on the barn door, when he heard a scuffling noise coming from inside the barn.  He trying to figure out what was making the noise he unhooked the latch, and was meet with a face full of horse.  His horse Aliya in fact.  “Hey girl what are you doing out of your pen?”  He asked petting her nose.  “Alright which saddle is your sweetie?”  A voice answered and Aliya responded with pinned ears, and narrow eyes.  “Hush, hush.”  He said well calming his horse.  “Who’s there?”  He spoke in the direction of the voice.

A faint.  “S**t!” Replied, and a blonde walked out of the shadows.

“Jamila?” He asked.  “What are you doing?!”  He could feel his anger boiling up.

“I well, I, uh.  Well I’m leaving town…”  She said dropping her gaze to the floor.   “Well if you needed a ride somewhere I’m sure I could borrow my dad’s truck.

“No…I mean I want to leave town for good.  There’s nothing here for me…” Jamila said trying to lift the saddle onto Aliya. “Want to tell me what you’re doing with my horse then?”  Sahen said taking the saddle from her and hanging it back up.  “It’s not what you think-I left you money?  It’s in that pouch. Jamila said pointing towards a buckskin pouch.  “So you thought you could just leave me money and that would make up for stealing my horse and just leaving!  Sahen felt a burning sensation along his skin as his anger began to boil.  DO YOU even know the f*****g s**t I’ve been going through?!  My worlds been turned upside down and you just p***y footing out of here?  Some girlfriend you turned out to be!  Give it back!”

Jamilla just stared at him.  “Give what back?”

“Give the necklace back.”  He said not taking his eyes off hers.

“I-I don’t have it… I sold it to get the money to leave for the horse.”

“You sold it…”  He whispered the words off his tongue.   

Jamilla let out a gasp.  “Sahen your eyes!”  She said looking terrified.

He suddenly saw his reflection in her eyes, his eyes had turned gold again but there seemed to be flames licking the sides of his iris as well. He took a step towards her grabbing for her shoulder. 

He felt it, her flesh charring under his hand, the small scream she let out, and the shudder as she tumbled backwards.

“Jamila…?”  Sahen said softly, his eyes fading back to just a gold.

She lifted her hand from her shoulder revealing the burned flesh.  She let out a gasp and looked at Sahen.  “What are you?”

He didn’t reply he couldn’t it was like someone else had taking over his body.

“Take the horse, leave and do not show your filth to me again peasant.”  The words flowed through his mouth, but where they came from he wasn’t sure.

“Yes.”  Was the last word she said as she took the horse outside, gasping as she saw the gravel path glowing red.  The rocks as hot as coals.  He walked out behind.  Did I do this?  He thought to himself.



© 2013 AWickedMoon


Author's Note

AWickedMoon
Let me know what you think. :P

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

The writing kinda wigged my eyes out, ... there were a few grammar mistakes (which were, let's be honest, to be expected) but other then that, another sensational chapter! :) ;)

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

331 Views
1 Review
Added on August 9, 2013
Last Updated on August 9, 2013


Author

AWickedMoon
AWickedMoon

Calgary, I am a fan of the egyptian gods, Canada



About
If you have time check out my Deviant account! http://jadepatterson.deviantart.com/ a> My name is Jade Patterson and I hail from Calgary, Canada. I enjoy dipping in to all genres and trying my h.. more..

Writing
Rant #1 Rant #1

A Story by AWickedMoon