Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
Chapter Six- Friend or Foe

Chapter Six- Friend or Foe

A Chapter by AWickedMoon

Chapter 6-  Friend or Foe

X and Sapphire walked into the bar first.  “I’m going to go get us some drinks!” Sapphire said before running off. 

 

“Saf wai-“ X called after but she was long gone, so instead she spotted an open table and walked over to it, at the same time another guy holding two beers walked up and was about to slide into one of the chairs.  But after he saw the look on X’s face he squeaked a sorry and scuttled off. 

 

“You sure have a way with people.”  Gawain said watching the poor man.  X just turned one of the chairs backwards and plopped down.  Sahen, Gawain and Jamila picked seats across from her.  She sat there and stared at them silently until Sapphire came back somehow managing to hold five glasses of whiskeys. 

 

“So you are going to introduce me to your friends?”  Sapphire said happily setting down a whisky in front of each of them.    

 

“Meet the Battle Hawk” Pointing to Gawain.  

“The Falcon.”  Making a grand gesture at Sahen. 

“And the…budgie.” Throwing her words in Jamila’s direction. 

 

“Ok…I guess I’ll introduce myself.”  Sapphire said glaring at X.  “I’m Sapphire but X calls me Saf so take your pick and you guys are?”  She stretched out her hand Gawain was the first to take it. 

 

“Nice you meet you Sapphire I’m Gawain history geek extraordinar!”  He said kissing her hand and receiving a hideous look from X.  Next was Sahen, who also held out his hand.  “Hello I’m Sahen.”  He said with a smile from ear to ear.  “Nice to meet you!” he added.  Reluctantly Jamila held out her hand and quickly said. “Jamila.” 

 

Sapphire sat down in her chair and immediately sprang up again.  “Well no offense but you guys look utterly boring so I’m going to go dance!”  Downing her whiskey she bolted over to the dance floor. 

 

“So, where are you guys from?”  Gawain asked turning to X.  

 

“Egypt.”  X stated. 

 

“No! Get out!  I just took a trip there a few years ago.  Must be awesome to live around so much history and get to go to the museums and all the new exhibits!”  As he spoke a dazed look came over his eyes. 

 

“We haven’t really been there in a few years.” X said downing her whiskey and waving at a waitress   

 

“Why not?” Jamila interrupted.  Looking around before settling eyes on a group of boys playing pool. 

 

“I guess you could say we’ve been traveling on business.”  Said rocking on the back legs of her chair. 

 

“What kind of business?” Gawain asked. 

 

“So Sahen what do you do in your spare time?”   X asked ignoring the question and slamming her chair back on to all fours with a loud bang, causing Jamila to jump.

 

“Not much movies and stuff, I’d love to travel more though.”  He answered. 

 

“Well aren’t you just run of the mill?”  X said

 

Gawain got up looking bored.  “Well I’m going to go find Sapphire.”  He said.  As he walked past X she grabbed his wrist.  “Make sure she stays safe.”  She muttered under her breath and returned to their conversation.

 

“You said you want to travel?  Have you been anywhere?”  She asked. 

 

“I just got back a while ago from Britain.”  He said. 

 

“What did you do there?”  X asked intrigued.

 

“Mostly visiting family, and going to restaurants.  I think I went to the museum?”  He said subconsciously rubbing his head.

 

“Oh no way...”  She said placing her elbows on the table and resting her head on one hand.  “The British museum with the book of the dead exhibit?”  She asked a flash of amusement in her eyes.

 

“Ya that one, although I don’t remember much of it… Strange.”  He said shaking his head.  X had finally caught the attention of a waitress and she ordered a double whiskey neat.  “Well shouldn’t you be looking for your girl?

 

Sahen looked up from his drink.  “My girl?”

 

“Am I that tantalizing that you’ve already forgotten your girlfriend?”  X said with a look that said she was clearly pleased with herself.

 

“Jamila!  Sahen looked up shocked to see that Jamila was no longer sitting at the table.  “But.. Where did she go?”  He said looking around.

 

X looked over to the group of boys playing pool and downed her whiskey, and Sahens eyes followed to see a Jamila in the middle of them chatting away.

 

“Seems to me your budgie has forgotten about you as well.”  X said waving again to try and get the waitresses attention.  Sahens got up his face turning into a scowl.  “Ah so the boy does have emotions!” X said before ordering another whiskey.  When she looked back Sahen was already walking towards Jamila.  When he got up to then Jamila practically pounced on him.  “Hey babe follow me!”  She said excitedly before heading towards the restroom.

 

When Gawain finally found Sapphire a slow song started playing.  He walked up to her.  “Can I have this dance?”  He asked half bowing.  “Sure!”  She said smiling.  He grabbed her hands and started to dance.  “Are you ball rooming me?”  She asked laughing.  “Um I guess?  We can do something else?”  “No, no usually it’s X that’s always ballroom dancing.”  “Really I wouldn’t peg her as a ballroom dancer…” he pondered looking over to the table. 

 

X and Sahen looked as if they were laughing uncontrollable well Jamila just sat there.  He had a bad feeling about her.  “What are you thinking?” Saf asked. 

“Oh just trying to picture X dancing is all.”  He said a smile returning to his face.  “Ya she’s good at it but I’d say her favorite is Swing.”  She said.  “X says ever since the 40’s�"um.” A worried expression came across her.   “The 40’s what?”  Gawain asked a puzzled.  “Well, she- she took a 40’s swing class!”  Sapphire said quickly. 

“Hold on a second” he said looking at a group of men heading straight for them.  Phew!  That was a close one sapphire thought then she noticed the group of men.

 

“Hey babe wonna come with me and some friends for a ride?”  The biggest guy directed at Sapphire.

“My names Jack.” He said reaching out and grabbing her hand.  He easily pulled her out of Gawain’s grasp and pulled her close to him licking his lips.

“In your dreams!” She yelled digging her heel into his foot.

“You b***h!” he screamed pulling her back to him.

 

In an instant X had dropped her drink, darted across the room and pried Sapphire away.  She practically tossed her into Gawain and stalked up to the pervert and grabbed his wrist.  She looked like a cat that had just caught its prey.  “I think you should apologize to my friend…Jack” she said demonically.  “Feisty huh, maybe I should take you to bed after.  I like a good challenge.” A crunch sounded and Jacks face went white as he looked at her hand. 

 

“X STOP!” Sapphire yelled.  X whipped her head to look at her.  Saf gasped as she looked at X’s eyes; they had taken that fiery look again.  “Hey maybe we should just leave?” Gawain said noticing Saf tense, grabbing her hand he pulled her behind him.  “Hey s**t!  Look at me when I’m talking to you!”  Jack yelled, but before X could turn her attention back his fist hit her face and she suddenly hit the ground.  Her ears were ringing so loud she could barely hear Sapphire calling her.  Then the world went silent.  “X!” Sapphire said struggling to get out of Gawain’s grasp. 

 

“I’m fine... But I can’t say the same for this guy.” X stood up and started to laugh.  Both of her eyes had completely turned fiery red.  “S**t RUN!” Sapphire yelled at Jack.  He just looked at her puzzled.  “Gawain we have to get him out of here.”  “What!  Shouldn’t WE be getting out of here?”  Eyeing the rest of Jacks gang walking up to them.  He looked back to the table but it was empty.  “Crap where are Sahen and Jamila?”  At that moment he spotted them coming out [1]of the woman’s washroom.  Jamila seemed to be fixing her hair.  “Are you f*****g kidding me!”  In that one distracted moment Sapphire took the opportunity to run to X. 

 

Holding her face with both hands she whispered softly to X.  “Hey babe let’s get outta here we can just grab a few beers and go home just you and me?”  At this X’s eyes started to calm down, and she looked like she was pondering the idea.  “Hey why don’t we just take this outside kitten?  If it’s some ruff love you want we can go in the ally.”  That slight possibility of a peaceful get a way had left the moment those words blundered off his tongue.  “You know what you’re right let’s take this outside.”

 

“What’s going on?” Sahen asked as they walked up completely oblivious to the situation.  “Well your friend here has decided to take on the leader of Black knights.[1]  Gawain said following the others out the back door.  “What!” Sahen said turning around to face Jamila.  “Hey you stay here ok?” he said softly.  “Ya whatever.”  She said taking out a nail file and wandering over to the bar.  He ran to catch up to Gawain who was just walking out the door to the ally.

 

 

 



[1] *Black knights is a gang, mostly consisting of fugitives and mercenary’s.

 



© 2013 AWickedMoon


Author's Note

AWickedMoon
Let me know what you think!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Can not wait to see where this goes :)

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


Are you even listening is a question. so you use a ? :) Great job though!!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

285 Views
2 Reviews
Added on January 14, 2013
Last Updated on May 24, 2013
Previous Versions


Author

AWickedMoon
AWickedMoon

Calgary, I am a fan of the egyptian gods, Canada



About
If you have time check out my Deviant account! http://jadepatterson.deviantart.com/ a> My name is Jade Patterson and I hail from Calgary, Canada. I enjoy dipping in to all genres and trying my h.. more..

Writing
Rant #1 Rant #1

A Story by AWickedMoon