Chapter 4-Friend or Foe

Chapter 4-Friend or Foe

A Chapter by AWickedMoon

Previous Version
This is a previous version of Chapter 4-Friend or Foe.



Chapter 4- A Friend of Foe?

 

 

 

When they made it over to the barn Sahens dad jogged up in his overalls and his brown shirt; that at one point had been white before the soil of the farm made it their new home. 

 

“You ready?”  His dad said slightly out of breath

 

“Yup let’s get to work”

 

“I meant are you ready to meet the new farm hands!” His dad said excitedly.

 

“Well we’ve already met one, and my god is she piece of Arse!  Oh I meant art.” Jamila said with a very snobby pout lip.  Sahens dad just stared taken aback at Jamila until Sahen swiftly interjected.  “We met X, I don’t know what it is about her but she looks…”

 

Well she should!!” His dad exclaimed.  Sahen was just about to ask why when his dad cut him off saying.  “But never mind that; come meet the other farm hand!”  He said before jogging off towards the corn fields.

 

“Yup that’s my dad…” he said following his dad.  I wonder who the other farm hand is he thought to himself.  Jamila just continued silently behind him.  When they were nearing the corn stocks he could hear someone laughing maniacally.  “We better hurry.” Sahen said before jogging off in the direction of the laughter.  When they got closer he realized that it was X and she was leaning on his best friend Gawain’s shoulder.  As soon as Gawain saw Sahen he walked up and gave him a “Man hug”.  “I missed you man!” Gawain said.

“Wait but I thought you were helping your dad run the 7-11.” Sahen looked at him confused.

“Ya but I hate the people that come in they smell funny and there always drunk!”

“Are you saying I smell bad?” X intruded on their conversation.

“Well no… anyways shouldn’t we be getting to work?”  Gawain said avoiding the conversation.

 

Later…

 

Dude do something she’s putting us to shame!  Gawain said looking down at his bucket of corn then at X’s PILE of corn.  Upstaged by a woman! Gawain joked.  

“Why are we doing this by hand again?” Jamila complained. 

“You mean why WE are doing it by hand” X said slyly and pointing her corn at Jamila’s measly two cobs of corn.  Gawain seemed to find this hilarious and burst out laughing at the look on Jamilas face.  “Well not all of us are getting paid.”  She said and stomped away.  “Thanks a lot Gawain.”  Sahen said as he got up and grabbed his bucket of corn.

 

“Well now that that’s over with you guys want to join me and Sapphire tonight.” X asked though it was more of a demand then a question.

 

“Wait, Sapphire?  Doesn’t she work at flower shop?” Sahen asked.

 

“My god how small is this town.  She started picking up her corn and dropped then off in the bin.  “Anyways I’ll pick you guys up at 7.”  She shouted back and with that started walking back to her car.

 

“Isn’t she going to shower?  That’s so gross!  Can I borrow your shower?”  Jamila turned to Sahen and batted her eyelashes.

 

“Ya no pro-ARGH!”  Sahens words were interrupt as pain erupted in his left eye again, this time it caused him to fall down to one knee.

 

“Sahen!” they both yelled and ran over to him.  “Are you ok man?” Gawain asked.

 

“Ya I’m fine.” Sahen said looking up to see X looking back with a puzzled expression on her face. He followed her gaze as she jerked her head to the corn rows.  Again he saw what looked to be a jackal which was impossible because they didn’t have jackals around here in fact they didn’t even have them on the continent.  He looked back to X to see a wide grin had appeared on her face and to his surprise he smiled back.

 

“Sahen!  Are you even listening?!”  Jamila accused.  “We really should be getting back to the house your probable hungry, you have eaten all day.”

 

I’m ok I’m ok!  Let’s get inside so you can shower” as Sahen spoke his gaze flitted back to where X was standing, except she had just vanished.

 

 

Fifteen minutes later X was heading out on the highway.  Driving at least 50 over the speed limit with the speakers blaring out heavy metal songs.  She grabbed her phone and pressed one, waiting for him to pick up she thought to herself in silence.  It must be him to have that reaction to one of Anubis’s servants, but then does this mean he knows?  And with the jackal comes death does this mean we will fail?  Or does this mean this kid has a soul...   We’ve finally found him!  A devilish smile cast over her face, her eyes turning red she lifted the seat exposing a secret compartment filled with a collection of guns and daggers.  They had been blessed by the gods before she left Egypt.  She whispered demonically at the wind.  Set.  Your next, but this rebirth requires your death.”

Click “Hello Professor Jenkins speaking?

 

“Oh drop the act Jen  We found him”

 

“Must you continue with these silly nick names I mean really my names Jenkins is that so hard to remember?!  X moved the phone away from her face as the British accent continued to rage thru

.

“Jenkins!  Did you hear me we found him.”

 

“-and you know maybe you should remember where your paycheck-What?”

 

“We found Horus…”

 

X and Saf walked into the bar first.  “I’m going to go get us some drinks!” Saf said before running off.  “Saf wai-“ X called after but she was long gone, instead she spotted an open table and walked over to it, at the same time another guy holding two beers walked up and was about to slide into one of the chairs.  But after he saw the look on X’s face he squeaked a sorry and scuttled off.  She turned one of the chairs backwards and plopped down.  Sahen, Gawain and Jamila picked seats across from her.  She sat there and stared at them silently until Saf came back.  “So you are going to introduce me to your friends?”  “Meet the Battle Hawk” Pointing to Gawain.  “The Falcon.”  Making a gran gesture at Sahen.  “And the…budgie.” Throwing her words in Jamila’s direction.  “Ok…I guess I’ll introduce myself.”  Saf said glaring at X well she setting down two whiskeys.  “I’m Sapphire but X calls me Saf so take your pick and you guys are?”  She stretched out her hand Gawain was the first to take it.  “Nice you meet you Sapphire I’m Gawain history geek extraordinar!”  He said kissing her hand and receiving a hideous look from X.  Next was Sahen, who also held out his hand.  “Hello I’m Sahen.”  He said with a smile from ear to ear.  “Nice to meet you!” he added.  Reluctantly Jamila held out her hand and quickly said. “Jamila.”  Saf sprang up to her feet and downed the shot of whiskey, well I’m going to go dance!  She bolted over to the dance floor. 

 

“So, where are you guys from?”  Gawain asked.  “Egypt.”  X stated. 

 

“No! Get out!  I just took a trip there a few years ago.  Must be awesome to live around so

 

much history and get to go to the museums and all the new exhibits!”  He said getting excited. 

 

“We haven’t really been there in a few years.” 

 

“Why not?” Jamila interrupted. 

 

“I guess you could say we’ve been traveling on business.” 

 

“What kind of business?” Gawain asked. 

 

“So Sahen what do you do in your spare time?” X asked ignoring the question.

 

“Not much movies and stuff, I’d like to travel more though. He answered. 

 

“Travel?” Where have you been to?” she asked. 

 

“We just got back a while ago from Britain.”  He said. 

 

“What did you do there?”  X asked intrigued.

 

“Mostly visiting family, and going to restaurants.  I think I went to the museum.”

 

“What did you do at the museum?” she asked.

 

“I’m not sure… I mean I can’t remember?”  He said making a face like it would help his memory.

 

  “Well I’m going to go find Sapphire.”  Gawain said as he went to walk past X she grabbed his wrist.  

 

“Make sure she stays safe.”  She muttered under her breath and returned to their conversation.

 

When Gawain finally found Sapphire a slow song started playing.  He walked up to her.  “Can I have this dance?”  he asked half bowing.  “Sure!”  She said smiling.  He grabbed her hands and started to dance.  “Are you ball rooming me?”  She asked laughing.  “Um I guess?  We can do something else?”  “No, no usually it’s X that’s always ballroom dancing.”  “Really I wouldn’t peg her as a ballroom dancer…” he pondered looking over to the table.  X and Sahen looked as if they were laughing uncontrollable well Jamila just sat there.  He had a bad feeling about her.  “What are you thinking?” Saf asked.  “Oh just trying to picture X dancing is all.”  He said a smile returning to his face.  “Ya she’s good at it but I’d say her favorite is Swing she said ever since the 40’s�"um.” A worried expression came across her.   “The 40’s what?”  Gawain asked a puzzled look on his face.  “Well, she- she took a 40’s swing class!” Sapphire said quickly.  “ Hold on a second” he said looking at a group of men heading straight for them. 

“Hey babe wonna come with me and some friends for a ride?”  The biggest guy directed at Saf.

“My names Jack.” He said reaching out and grabbing her hand.  He easily pulled her out of Gawains grasp and pulled her close to him licking his lips.

“In your dreams!” She yelled digging her heel into his foot.

“You wench!” he screamed pulling her back to him.

In an instant X hand dropped her drink, pried Saf away and practically tossed her to where Gawain was standing.  She walked right up to the pervert and grabbed his wrist.  “I think you should apologize to my friend…Jack” she said demonically.  “Feisty huh, maybe I should take you to bed after.  I like a good challenge.”  “X STOP!” Saf yelled.  X whipped her head to look at her.  Saf gasped as she looked at X’s eye they had taken that fiery look again.  “Hey maybe we should just leave?” Gawain said noticing Saf tense, grabbing her hand he pulled her behind him.  “Hey s**t look at me when I’m talking to you!”  Jack yelled, but before X could turn her attention back his fist hit her face and she suddenly hit the ground.  Her ears were ringing so loud she could barely hear Saf calling her.  Then the world went silent.  “X!” Saf said struggling to get out of Gawains grasp.  “I’m fine... But I can’t say the same for this guy.” X stood up and started to laugh.  Both of her eyes had completely turned fiery red.  “S**t RUN!” Saf yelled at Jack.  He just looked at her puzzled.  “Gawain we have to get him out of here.”  “What! Shouldn’t we be getting out of here?”  Eyeing the rest of Jacks gang walking up to them.  “Crap where Sahen and Jamila?” At that moment he spotted them coming out of the woman’s washroom.  Jamilla seemed to be fixing her hair.  “Are you f*****g kidding me!”   In that one distracted moment Saf took the opportunity to run to X.  Holding her face with both hands she whispered softly to X.  “Hey babe let’s get outta here we can just grab a few beers and go home just you and me?”  At this X’s eyes started to calm down, and she looked like she was pondering the idea.  “Hey why don’t we just take this outside kitten?  If it’s some ruff love you want we can go in the ally.”  That slight possibility of a peaceful get a way had left the moment those words blundered off his tongue.  “You know what you’re right let’s take this outside.”

“What’s going on?” Sahen asked as they walked up completely oblivious to the situation.  “Well your friend here has decided to take on the leader of Blacknights.”  (Blacknights was the town gang, mostly consisting of fugitives.)  Gawain said following the others out the back door.  “What!” Sahen said turning around to face Jamila.  “Hey you stay here ok?” he said softly.  “Ya whatever.”  She said taking out a nail file and wandering over to the bar.  He ran to catch up to Gawain who was just walking out the door to the ally.

 

 



© 2013 AWickedMoon


Author's Note

AWickedMoon
Let me know what you think!



Reviews

Can not wait to see where this goes :)

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


Are you even listening is a question. so you use a ? :) Great job though!!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

23 Views
2 Reviews
Added on January 14, 2013
Last Updated on April 3, 2013
Previous Versions


Author

AWickedMoon
AWickedMoon

Calgary, I am a fan of the egyptian gods, Canada



About
If you have time check out my Deviant account! http://jadepatterson.deviantart.com/ a> My name is Jade Patterson and I hail from Calgary, Canada. I enjoy dipping in to all genres and trying my h.. more..

Writing
Rant #1 Rant #1

A Story by AWickedMoon