Chapter 4-Friend or Foe

Chapter 4-Friend or Foe

A Chapter by AWickedMoon

Previous Version
This is a previous version of Chapter 4-Friend or Foe.



Chapter 4- A Friend of Foe?

 

 

When they made it over to the barn Sahens dad jogged up in his overalls and his brown shirt; that at one point had been white before the soil of the farm made it their new home. 

 

“You ready?”  His dad said slightly out of breath

 

“Yup let’s get to work”

 

“I meant are you ready to meet the new farm hands!” His dad said excitedly.

 

“Well we’ve already met one, and my god is she piece of Arse!  Oh I meant art.” Jamila said with a very snobby pout lip.  Sahens dad just stared taken aback at Jamila until Sahen swiftly interjected.  “We met X, I don’t know what it is about her but she looks…”

 

Well she should!!” His dad exclaimed.  Sahen was just about to ask why when his dad cut him off saying.  “But never mind that; come meet the other farm hand!”  He said before jogging off towards the corn fields.

 

“Yup that’s my dad…” he said following his dad.  I wonder who the other farm hand is he thought to himself.  Jamila just continued silently behind him.  When they were nearing the corn stocks he could hear someone laughing maniacally.  “We better hurry.” Sahen said before jogging off in the direction of the laughter.  When they got closer he realized that it was X and she was leaning on his best friend Gawain’s shoulder.  As soon as Gawain saw Sahen he walked up and gave him a “Man hug”.  “I missed you man!” Gawain said.

“Wait but I thought you were helping your dad run the 7-11.” Sahen looked at him confused.

“Ya but I hate the people that come in they smell funny and there always drunk!”

“Are you saying I smell bad?” X intruded on their conversation.

“Well no… anyways shouldn’t we be getting to work?”  Gawain said avoiding the conversation.

 

Later…

 

Dude do something she’s putting us to shame!  Gawain said looking down at his bucket of corn then at X’s PILE of corn.  Upstaged by a woman! Gawain joked.  “Why are we doing this by hand again? Jamila complained.  “You mean why WE are doing it by hand” X said slyly and pointing her corn at Jamila’s two co of corn.  Gawain seemed to find this hilarious and burst out laughing at the look on Jamilas face.  “Well not all of us are getting paid.”  She said and stomped away.  “Thanks a lot Gawain.”  Sahen said as he got up and grabbed his bucket of corn.

 

“Well now that that’s over with you guys want to join me and Sapphire tonight.” X asked though it was more of a demand then a question.

 

“Wait, Sapphire?  Doesn’t she work at flower shop?” Sahen asked.

 

“My god how small is this town.  She started picking up her corn and dropped then off in the bin.  “Anyways I’ll pick you guys up at 7.”  She shouted back and with that started walking back to her car.

 

“Isn’t she going to shower?  That’s so gross!  Can I borrow your shower?”  Jamila turned to Sahen and batted her eyelashes.

 

“Ya no pro-ARGH!”  Sahens words were interrupt as pain erupted in his left eye again, this time it caused him to fall down to one knee.

 

“Sahen!” they both yelled and ran over to him.  “Are you ok man?” Gawain asked.

 

“Ya I’m fine.” Sahen said looking up to see X looking back with a puzzled expression on her face. He followed her gaze as she jerked her head to the corn rows.  Again he saw what looked to be a jackal which was impossible because they didn’t have jackals around here in fact they didn’t even have them on the continent.  He looked back to X to see a wide grin had appeared on her face and to his surprise he smiled back.

 

“Sahen!  Are you even listening!”  Jamila accused.  “We really should be getting back to the house your probable hungry, you have eaten all day.”

 

I’m ok I’m ok!  Let’s get inside so you can shower” as Sahen spoke his gaze flitted back to where X was standing, except she had just vanished.

 



© 2013 AWickedMoon


Author's Note

AWickedMoon
THis seems to be the shortest chapter ever.... Any ideas on how I can make it better?



Reviews

Can not wait to see where this goes :)

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


Are you even listening is a question. so you use a ? :) Great job though!!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

12 Views
1 Review
Added on January 14, 2013
Last Updated on March 7, 2013


Author

AWickedMoon
AWickedMoon

Calgary, I am a fan of the egyptian gods, Canada



About
If you have time check out my Deviant account! http://jadepatterson.deviantart.com/ a> My name is Jade Patterson and I hail from Calgary, Canada. I enjoy dipping in to all genres and trying my h.. more..

Writing
Rant #1 Rant #1

A Story by AWickedMoon