Distant Friends

Distant Friends

A Chapter by Abdalla Maro Jillo
"

a family, friend and social life full of love and struggles

"

AT A RELATIVE’S HOUSE; ARCADIA; 11:00 A.M

             “Mu…m... I really feel pain deep down my chest. It is painful,” Anjali said in an unstable weak voice.

              “Do not worry Anjali, you will soon recover. Recovery is the journey.” Mamush comforted her. Honestly, Mamush loved her siblings and she could sacrifice her happiness just for their consideration and well-being. The only love that is really to be believed in is mother’s love for her children. A mother is someone whom you can count on, who loves you, no matter what. Who is there for you when you need her and never lets you down.

   ***********************************

                     Schools were opening and Jay Mars had to travel all the way from Anat, their home place, to his school which was located in Arcadia. There was a chance for him to see his sister once again. His dad was nowhere to be seen, and the children never bothered about him so much. They still had not experienced father’s love to the fullest, and they never knew its taste.

                    Arriving at Arcadia, Jay got a ride from his uncle’s office car, Rohit, who also offered a helping hand in that time of need. Sometimes Jay wondered whether his dad really loved his mum, because Jay always kept in his mind that; “loving is not just looking at each other, but it is looking in the same direction.” This was not yet confirmed in his parents. They oftenly differed in their decisions.

                 Jay arriving at his relative’s house, what he saw made him go pale, and for a moment, his blood stopped flowing in his veins. Anjali was wailing in full pain, beyond emotional control. Mamush and the other relatives who were present believed that it was something out of the ordinary that was happening to her. The doctors could just not figure her illness. Mamush claimed that maybe her daughter was under a spell, and no magician was able to cast the spell. What remained were just prayers and the doctors to do their best.

           Jay Mars hopelessly buried his head down, covered by his hands as he silently wiped his tears that were streaming down his cheeks. All his efforts to comfort his sister had failed once again.

            “You are a gentleman, stay strong,” his relative, whom he never knew of her name advised him.

             “I am trying to, no problem,” Jay tried to gather some courage to reply in the midst of sadness.

          Time was up and Jay had to report to school, while he watched his sister go to Arcadia State Hospital in the company of his mum, and relatives. His heart was heavy and wished he would live with his sister side-to-side in that tough period. He stared at Anjali, and searched her eyes for life, hope and future, but all he could see was weakness. She could not even make an effort of making a weak smile.

           “Stay well mum, I wish you the entire best dear sister, we shall meet. “It was Jay’s goodbye as he was making his way to school. Little did he know that, that was the last time he watched his sister alive, it was a final goodbye. Only if humans could see the future, many things could be controlled, but we never know what tomorrow brings.

 

                          **********************************



© 2014 Abdalla Maro Jillo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
Added on October 16, 2014
Last Updated on October 22, 2014


Author

Abdalla Maro Jillo
Abdalla Maro Jillo

Malindi, Coast, Kenya



About
I have a passion in writing and I explain myself well in writing than talking. I love peace and I believe that anybody can be whatever he/she wants to be only if determination and living the dream is .. more..

Writing