Distant Friends

Distant Friends

A Chapter by Abdalla Maro Jillo
"

Suspence

"

CAMP ARCADIA, NIGHT PREPS

           Back in the novel Blessed Hands that Jay was reading, he was at a paragraph whereby a little lady died of brain tumor even after the world’s greatest neurosurgeon tried to heal her. Jay’s left eye continued blinking and his instincts told him that something had messed up.

                In front of the classroom door, appeared the night school’s watchman who inquired for Jay Mars. To Jay, it was very odd for him to be called by a watchman at such times and he tried to recall any act of mischief but he found none. He moved out of the class, following the watchman and find what was awaiting him.

                “So you are Jay Mars?” The watchman tried to confirm whether he got the right person.

                “Sure, it is me. What is the matter?”

                 “Mr. Boarding Master wants to see you immediately.”

                 “Fine,” Jay said, breathing slowly but strongly unsure why he had to be called at that time.

 

CAMP ARCADIA, STAFF QUARTERS

                  “How are you, are you the one that I am expecting to see?” The Boarding Master greeted while posing a question at the same time.

                    “I am fine sir. I am Jay Mars and I have been informed that you had requested for me.” Jay said uneasily.

                     “Your aunt made a phone call to me, informing that your sister is sick. I will give you a night out permission card so that you can go and see her.”

                       “Thank you so much sir.”

                         “You are most welcomed.” The Boarding Master said, as he looked at Jay pitifully, his eyes showing sympathy. “But why didn't you inform us that you had a sick sister?” the Boarding Master asked loosely.

                     That was the statement that came out with no calculations in it, that it held a strong message and at the same time it created a lot of imaginary pictures. The words met with a bewildered silence in that calm night, except the barking of a dog from a nearby house and the screeching of an owl from a nearby tree. Mr. Boarding Master knew he had turned the dices in the wrong dimension and his literature student Jay was bound to find the secret meaning in the Master’s last statement.

                     The human mind is the fastest computer in existence. In the next fraction of a second, Jay’s mind loaded her sister’s situation, searched her life level, found a warning result, registered danger, and requested for a decision- to see her sister in the shortest time possible.

                    “Your cousins will be coming to pick you, wait for them at the school’s main gate.” Boarding Master said as he retired to bed.

                    After several hours of waiting, Jay’s cousins never showed up and he had to go back to his dormitory and sleep. Everybody was heavily asleep, Jay remained haunted.

                                                



© 2014 Abdalla Maro Jillo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
Added on October 20, 2014
Last Updated on October 22, 2014


Author

Abdalla Maro Jillo
Abdalla Maro Jillo

Malindi, Coast, Kenya



About
I have a passion in writing and I explain myself well in writing than talking. I love peace and I believe that anybody can be whatever he/she wants to be only if determination and living the dream is .. more..

Writing