Distant Friends

Distant Friends

A Chapter by Abdalla Maro Jillo
"

suspence

"

12TH JANUARY; JANUARY

           Early in the morning peps, Jay Mars knew all was not well and his mind could not load anything from the work he was doing. He opened the novel that he was earlier reading it and continued from where he had left. At about fifteen minutes of silence in the classroom, the school Deputy Manager entered in, and saw Jay’s head facing down the locker.

          “Here is another sleeping idiot, who forgot his purpose for coming to school.” The Deputy Manager hissed silently.

          Jay saw him, but he ignored him, knowing that he was he was not doing any wrong, and continued flipping the pages of the novel. Just in one snap, Jay heard the shutter sound of a digital camera. It was the Deputy Manager who had focused the camera lens to him, capturing him one snapshot.

         “Come with me,” the Manager summoned Jay and ordered him to kneel down in front of the class on that rough floor. Jay was not in the mood of arguing and he obeyed the order, but deep in him, feeling an inner humiliation.

                           

     Before classes began, just after sunrise, Jay was again summoned by the duty teacher to the school administration block. Arriving there, he met his half-brother and thy exchanged greetings.

       “Will you need to carry anything home, a bag maybe?” The duty teacher asked.

       “Mm, not really, I do not think if I will need any,” Jay replied quickly, not knowing the secret behind that question.

       “Your mum requested me to come and pick you up,” said Jay’s half-brother. Jay nodded, sensing something bad. They left at the administration block heading out of the school.

          On their way out of the gate, Jay heard the watchman tell them, “sorry for the dismay.”

Those words hitted his eardrums like a thunder bolt, the words resounding in his ears over and over. He felt sick.

        Jay was yet to confirm the entire reality. “Did that mean that someone is… no! No!” his mind escaped the entire reality. 



© 2014 Abdalla Maro Jillo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
Added on October 21, 2014
Last Updated on October 22, 2014


Author

Abdalla Maro Jillo
Abdalla Maro Jillo

Malindi, Coast, Kenya



About
I have a passion in writing and I explain myself well in writing than talking. I love peace and I believe that anybody can be whatever he/she wants to be only if determination and living the dream is .. more..

Writing