A Really Long Drive - 2

A Really Long Drive - 2

A Chapter by Acoustic-Heart
"

Chapta numba 2 kiddies ;D

"

       I was rather suprised at how fast the week flew by. When the day came, we had the old truck totally loaded up, although it took us a couple hours to do so. Grandad sat out front, honking the horn while I raced around my room, going through my mental checklist. Food, book, sketch pad, pads, phone....

 "C'mon Zoe!"

 "Okay!!" I raced downstairs and locked the door tight behind me. I bounced into the passenger seat with ease, looking forward to the rest of my summer. Grandad backed out of our driveway and just like that, we were leaving Nabraska.

 

        When I woke up, the truck's clock read 3:48. I sat up and groaned softly, we'd been driving all night, plus today. Grandad was still very awake, and was humming along to a Beach Boys tape he'd put in while I was asleep. He laughed when he turned to look at me.

 "Morning." He chuckled.

 "Shuddup." I grunted, opening the sun flap and checking myself in the mini mirror. A bed head and half open eyes was what greeted me. I nearly broke the mirror with my utter ugliness. With a thump, I slammed it shut and searched for my iPod. My bag was squished up against my legs in a painful way, but now I was used to it and continued searching. When I had found it, Grandad decided to start a conversation.

 "You know to be nice. we're going onto sacred reservation land. The elders can be touchy." He said.

 "Of course, I did my studies. Learned some new words too."

 "Interesting. You'll hafta teach me some then." I simply nodded as a reply and put in my earphones.

 

       My dear grandfather is quite frugal when it comes to money. He urged we simply drive the whole way there, and sleep in the truck. I told him he was crazy. My spine would be extremley jacked up, not to mention my neck. But what he says goes, so for 41 hours we drove. When in Boise, Idaho, I convinced him to stop; I couldn't take not sleeping in a bed anymore.

 "Can we just drive a few more..."

 "No. I ned a legit matress please." And it was that simple, I had won the argument. I settled for a Super 8, and while he paid for the room I paid for our lunch. My back felt alot better after a decent nights sleep.

 

          I had a map spread out on my lap once we got back on the road. We were no officialy in the state of Washington. So close. Now after three days of maniac driving and back pain, I felt better knowing it would almost be over. I looked out the windows as we drove, the sky was a light grey. The sun was snubbed out, so my view was very relaxing. I was listening to Bon Iver, automaticly making thing even more peaceful. When we stopped for gas, I went inside to see how far the reservation was from wereever we were. The clerk smiled.

 "Going to La Push eh?"

 "Yeah. Now how far?"

 "You got a few miles still." Oh, so the guys a smartass. Thanks for the help.

 "Alrighty." I walked out, probably confusing the crap out of him. Hahaha.

 

             



© 2012 Acoustic-Heart


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Heh, that is funny. I can actually see you doing that. Also it is a good story so far. Keep writting!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
1 Review
Added on July 18, 2012
Last Updated on July 18, 2012


Author

Acoustic-Heart
Acoustic-Heart

Colorado, CO



About
The key to my heart is music. I draw way to much, and drink Peace Tea. I'm overly cheesey when it comes to love. Name: Cole (Nicole but PLEASE call me Cole) Age: 14 Orientation?: I like men, b.. more..

Writing