As Seen From His Eyes - 5

As Seen From His Eyes - 5

A Chapter by Acoustic-Heart
"

From Avan's POV this time. He's such a sweetie!

"

      "Avan! D****t she saw us!" Jonah's voice bounced around in my head. I was running away from Zoe; she knew it was us. She new it was me. How could she tell? It didn't matter this second, Trent's howl pulled me away from doing anything more stupid. I decided to answer Jonah with little reassurance.

  "I know, I know. But I don't think she'll go telling her group about it."

  "And? Your Dad isn't going to enjoy the fact that we been seen. And by her." How could he think that? Nothing was wrong with Zoe. She had something that no other girl in the tribe did. I couldn't figure out what but... it made her seem a million times more, eh, desirable. And only to me...

  "Dude wake up! Trent and Dez called us for a reason." Clark jumped into my thoughts now.

  "Relax I know." I pushed ahead through the dense forest and turned up around a hill following the scent of Trent and my sister, now slightly annoyed.

 

      "Your not gonna like this." I heard Desirae, my sister, sigh as Jonah, Clark and I padded into a clearing were a few trees had been forcefully snapped in half. An awful scent hit my nose and I took a step back. I knew this scent. The whole pack knew this scent. It was the odor of a vampire. I leech. A bloodsucker. A red-eyed, stone-cold vampire. We'd been following this demon for a few days now, and each time we got on his trail, the b*****d had made his way closer and closer to our reservation. I growled loudly and broke a branch.

  "If it gets any closer..." Suddenly the thought of Zoe and her mission group flodded my mind and the pack could sense it. Trent whined and dropped his head.

  "God if any non-tribe members get hurt... we are so screwed." Everyone else murmured in agreement. then out of nowere, we were caught off guard by a female scream. My ears shot up and I looked around. What if Zoe just continued to go on her walk... the bloodsucker would be after her! I didn't waste any time, sprinting back the way I came as fast as my legs would take me. Worried with my reaction the pack bolted behind me. She'd see all of us now, I'd have to corner her tonight and explain it all, if there would still be a her to explain it to...

 

      My hunch was right. but she didn't go any farther, just remained were we'd left her by the massive tree. Only this time she was shoved up against it, with the very vampire we'd been chasing for weeks at her throat. He was what the elders called a newborn, scarlet eyes, stalky build. Freshly turned I guessed. I let loose a deep bark and bared my teeth, hoping all of us would scare him off. Instead of that, he picked Zoe up by the neck and tossed her effortlessly into the brush. I heard her exhale once then go silent; fearing the worst. The leech turned to face us, his eyes looking from one wolf to another. Only Quinn and I had the knowledge on how to fight these freaks, and Quinn was back in town off duty. I didn't want the others to get hurt. Without warning he jumped, got crazy air and landed on the back of Clark. He yipped and attempted to throw the newborn off, barking wildly and bucking. Jonah reacted, leaping towards the pair full-force and tackling the vampire off his brother. He hissed and bounced away, deep into the woods in the oposite direction of town. Trent ran aways after leech, aiming to scare it away. Dez ran to Clark's side, he was winded and the impact from being a trampoline hurt his back. I let them take care of him, while I turned, brushing away the growth in search for Zoe.

 

      I found her, sprawled on the ground along a few bushes. I qickly called for Quinn through my thoughts to bring me some clothes and a blanket. I was able to lay beside her, checking for any blood, trying to keep her safe while waiting for Quinn. Her eyes didn't open but I watched her hand slowly search for any comfort in her broken state. She felt my chest fur, and entangled her finger's weakly into it. Soon, Quinny ran up with a backpack he'd filled with what I asked for. It took him longer as human, but he got there in time. I morphed back and threw on the shorts he brought. I wrapped Zoe in the blanket softly and scopped her up, hoping to sneak her back without causing to much of a comotion. The others helped Clark up, and continued off on the vampire's trail while Quinn, Zoe and I made our way back home.

 

 



© 2012 Acoustic-Heart


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on August 9, 2012
Last Updated on August 9, 2012


Author

Acoustic-Heart
Acoustic-Heart

Colorado, CO



About
The key to my heart is music. I draw way to much, and drink Peace Tea. I'm overly cheesey when it comes to love. Name: Cole (Nicole but PLEASE call me Cole) Age: 14 Orientation?: I like men, b.. more..

Writing