Happy To Know You Still Care

Happy To Know You Still Care

A Poem by Akshat♥
"

You can't predict anything in life...

"


Most Beautiful music in the world is your own heartbeat.

It gives an assurance that you will survive 
even when the whole world leaves you alone...
and my heartbeat is you

Starting phase of love begins with friendship
and keeping a friend is as difficult as losing one
you sacrifice a lot to keep them.

I may not have sacrified enough for you..
but in my heart I swear am keeping you

Once I wish to have a key to your heart
now I have the heart but the key is lost forever...

We had a fight
We stop talking to each other

Days pass by
I still feel the sense of your touch
How you make me smile
Now those days are over...

We always fight about stupid things
and regret later..

We always feel sorry
and do it again

On my birthday you gave me a rose
and said goodbye..
I was so stupid to think for
one second you actually cared..

© 2013 Akshat♥


Author's Note

Akshat♥
Review it and give your honest views...I am waiting:)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It would be more inviting to know who this poem is for, but whoever it was lost a valuable friend --anyone who understands that "the most beautiful music is a heartbeat and that heartbeat is for you" would be a good friend indeed. This poem has a nice flow and is SO well written. Thanks, and excellent work!

Posted 12 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

such a sad poem and this was real good. those feelings of betrayal and anger really colour this poem very deep. hope you're doing better now...
anyway this was so powerful and those pictures you've added are great complements to everything. good work here!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


love it

Posted 12 Years Ago


Nice that was a great and inventive poem in a sense. I mean I like the two little pics, especially the one with the penguin and the giraffe and it goes well with your written piece. You wrote this very well with a nice flow of words as you explained the starting point of friendship and at the end "How you know you still care," which is always a great point at the end. Anyways to put it short it really was a good writings.

Posted 12 Years Ago


The ending tied up the whole thing together perfectly. I REALLY can realate to this, but not in the 'dating' topic. Family can do this to you, and if they don't show love/care how will you believe that they actually do? Always show your feelings, even if it is embarressing. Because some have to see it to believe it.
Good job~

Posted 12 Years Ago


I see a parent breaking promises here. A few too many I might add. A stellar piece I think.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"Most Beautiful music in the world is your own heartbeat.

It gives an assurance that you will survive
even when the whole world leaves you alone...
and my heartbeat is you" - My favourite lines.

The poem is well written. Although I wont say that I'm in agreement with the way it ended. For one, she might actually care. But sometimes, things go out of hand and roll so far away that its impossible to reclaim those lost moments and presence. But overall, a good poem. Thoughtful pictures.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Good poem. Honest, raw and full of emotion. The pictures that accompany it are perfect. Very childlike, which I suspect is part of the point. What color was the rose? I think it red, perhaps yellow, but red fits better. Perhaps she will return one day expecting a rose from you. Very well done...!

Posted 12 Years Ago


OMG THE PIC AT THE END IS THE CUTEST!!!!!!! I JUST LOVE THIS! THERE IS SO MUCH TRUTH AND REALITY IN THIS POEM AND IT'S VERY SPECIAL WRITTEN FOR A SPEACIAL PERSON I BET ;)

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
_
yeah! :D my heartbeat is what i dance to to everyday one two step uh oh stairs fast jive now! i think you're pitcures were wicked and as well as your poem
On my birthday she gave me a rose

and said goodbye..

I was so stupid to think for

one second she actually cared..

captures a tear from my eyes :')

Posted 12 Years Ago


Some detailing in a confrontation that may be long due. It reads with a slight jerkiness, as if the poet is asking himself, if its the right thing to do. A great attempt at a self review from someone not quite accustomed to it. Keep it up. An honest poem.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2935 Views
100 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 10 Libraries
Added on December 7, 2011
Last Updated on July 26, 2013

Author

Akshat♥
Akshat♥

New Delhi, India



About
hello(Namaste), You can call me (or ashu), I LOVE MYSELF...!! :-P I am methodical,practical and a great friend....!!! I never make snap decisions, preferring to weigh the pros and cons of every.. more..

Writing
Miracle Miracle

A Poem by Akshat♥



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..