Ch. 2 New Friends

Ch. 2 New Friends

A Chapter by Alicka

 

        Nalia headed back to the Inn she walked in quickly. The barkeep called her out. Nalia walked over to him.

“Hey, my name is Otis.” he tries to look at her face under her hood.

“The name is Nalia” and continued to walking upstairs. The barkeep watched her and returned to serving his customers. Nalia walked down her hallway to her room, the room closest to her was empty when she walked by to her room. Nalia entered her room and lay down on the bed went thru her belongings and found out that she didn’t have anything to nice to wear tonight at the palace. She grabbed her coin bag and left her room and walked down the stairs, “Otis, I need to buy some clothes, where would I go?” Otis looked up quickly stun to see her beauty and glowing green eyes.

 

“You would have go to the common ground and take the right road to where all the clothing shops are at. Be warned their prices are very high” he kept his eyes on hers. She thanked him and placed her hood up and headed to the common grounds again.

        Nalia entered a shop called Damisa; the shop was filled with silk garments and fine jewelry.  A woman in late twenties with straight brown hair walked over to her and looked Nalia up and down, “You are not from here, I think you wouldn’t find any something her that you can afford, if you go back to the market place. I think that would be the best place for a woman of your position.” the woman told her coldly.

 Nalia didn’t replied, she walked passed her and glance at a garment that caught her eye. “Are you muted?” the woman asked rudely walking behind her.

Nalia walked over to the garment and smiled “I’ll take it” and touched the silver silk garment.

 The woman looked surprise “You have fine taste but that piece is 100 gold coins” she laugh.

        Nalia reached to her hip and grabbed her coin bag, and walked over to the counter and dropped her bag and the coins, scatted on top. The woman looked down at the counter “I’m sorry, do you need anything else with this garment.  I’m so sorry from your clothing I suspected that you were a peasant, not a woman of class. I do apologized.” She spoke cheerfully.

 “I need boots and a new cloak” Nalia looked the woman in the eye ignoring her earlier comments. “I’ve been traveling, and lost anything of value. I need replace of my belongings.”

 The woman was overwhelmed by Nalia’s eyes; Nalia snapped her fingers in the woman face to break her stare. “I’m going to the palace to enjoy the feast tonight. Plus I will be preforming as well. I need something that I can move in” Nalia told her.

The women replied “You have come to the right place. I will get my very private collection from the back.” She hurried to her back room and returned a short while later carrying in tote an armful of clothing and boots.

        Nalia left the shop with a silver silk dress, a yellow silk shirt, blue silk under garment, a cotton tan shirt, black leather pants, brown leather pants, boots, and black cloak lined with silver silk. It was still afternoon when Nalia returned to the Inn. She thanked Otis and headed upstairs.  She was coming up to the room next to her when she overheard voices coming out from behind the door.

“That’s right, her name is Nalia” a man’s voice said.

“She enter to Damisa, she was shopping, if she any kind of woman she’ll be there for a while” the woman replied.

Nalia stop, then slowly walked to her room and open the door, and walked in and close it softly. She placed her ear along the wall to listen in.

“What else do you know?” the man asked moving around the room.

“Not much, she just arrived here this morning besides that nothing else. She doesn’t seem to be with anyone else.” she answered.

“Good job! I’ll see you around Bella” the man said. 

Nalia heard the man’s voice clearly now, It’s the man with King Bastiaan! Miles is his name, she realized to herself. The woman walked out of the door and down the hall.  The man walked around the room for a couple of minutes and then out of the room. Nalia waited and followed him down the stairs he turned and walked out the back way, she quickly following him. He walked to the palace, but he took the servant’s entrance. He talked to, two soldiers and they started walking towards her. She falling into the crowd, and followed the man all the way to Silas Inn. Which she was staying at, she entered the back way and went to her room and began to get ready.

        Nalia changed into her light blue shirt that she had among her belongs and black leather pants and pulled out the black cloak and left her room and walked down to ask about the man who was in the room next to her this afternoon.

“Sir Miles, that’s King Bastiaan commander of his army. He great man, him and King Bastiaan grew up together as children” Otis replied.

 Nalia put up her hood and walked into the road, she made sure that they saw her as she walked to the palace. The front gates were guarded by a dozen men that stood in front, and another dozen on the wall. “Who go’s there?” the soldier walked up to Nalia, and she looked up at him “King Bastiaan has been waiting for you” the soldier yelled and the gate open up.

“How did you know it was me that King Bastiaan’s was waiting for?” she asked curiously.

“He told me that a woman with green eyes will come to the gate her name is Nalia, he order me not to make her wait. You are the only one that has come up to the gates with green eyes” he smiled and walked her thru one of the courtyard, to meet up with King Bastiaan in one of his gardens.

“Ah Nalia it’s a pleasure you made it” King Bastiaan waited for her arrival in his garden. He wore a long sleeve beige silk shirt with a red vest and tan pants and brown boots.

 “Hello King Bastiaan” she replied, pulling down her hood, reveling her beauty. The entire guests looked at her and were amazed by her black hair and golden skin tone, but most of all her eyes.

“Please come meet my Queen Agalia” he introduces them. Queen Agalia was about 5’7 feet tall, slender, with light long blond hair and blues eyes, pretty. They sat and talked on the stone sitting along the garden walls. “I must thank you, for saving my husband’s life. I’m indebted to you” she told her. “You are very beautiful.”

        “Thank you” Nalia replied she glanced around the room looking for the man named Miles. She spotted him in the far corner talking to a few nobles; she kept her eyes on him for a while, and then turns her attention back to Queen Agalia. “How long have you been married?”

Queen Agalia replied,“Only a year. Are you married?”

 Nalia replied “No” and then smiled.

 King Bastiaan stood up and everyone became silent, as he made his announcement “To Old Friends, and New Friends” he raised his cup “To a long peaceful time, between our Kingdoms”. Everyone raised they cup and drank. “Now Miles and Nalia” he paused for a moment then he continued, “If you please take your places in the center of the courtyard.  I would like to give our guest some entertainment before we feast.”

 Nalia stood up and walked to the centered of the garden as did Miles. “Hello again” she greeted. Two soldiers walked up with armor in their arms. Nalia took off her cloak, and handed it to the soldier. He try to hand her the armor “No, thanks. I won’t need” she refused.

“I won’t either,” Miles replied. The two soldiers walked away. Nalia pulled her short blades from her holster strapped her to lower back she walked a few steps away from Miles. Miles pulled out his sword and went and stood across from her.   

         Nalia listen to his footsteps, and watched his stances. Miles looked at her hard, he made the first attack by lunging at her. Nalia side step very quickly and had her short blade at his neck. It happen so fast, everyone was surprised. Miles most of all was. “Lucky” he uttered.

 “Care to try again” she whispered “Or maybe you can send your spy to see what might be my next’s move” she stood up and placed her blades into her holster.

His face looked shock. How did she know?, he thought  “I’m sorry, milord, I know you want entertainment” he began.

“That you did, the guest are impressed” he replied. Everyone went in the great Hall of Brothers, and took their seating.

“You must sit next’s to me. So we can talk” Queen Agalia walked next’s to Nalia.

 “Yes milady” Nalia replied, turning back to Miles and King Bastiaan, they started talking as the rest of the guest entered the Hall of Brothers.

        “Milord I don’t trust her. She has to be an assassin. She could be plotting with the warlords” Miles whispered to his king; King Bastiaan glanced at Nalia then back at Miles.

        “Miles I don’t feel in my gut that she is a assassin. She saved my life, if she was working with our enemies why stop them from killing me.” He sighed “Miles you are my head general and my best friend. Enjoy yourself tonight” He entered the hall.   

        Nalia didn’t speak a lot during the feast, everyone talked among them. Miles kept his eyes on her during the feast.  As the night grew on most of the guest retire to their homes; only a few soldiers were left in the hall of brothers.

        “Nalia” King Bastiaan called out.

Miles glanced up at her, and then he stood up. “Milord I have to check the guards on post tonight”.  Miles left them two alone in the Great Hall of Brothers.

“Nalia, how long have you been traveling?” he asked her motioning her to come set next to him.

        “Well it’s been about five years now.” she paused “It go’s by very quickly”. 

        “I would like to invited you to my 21st birthday celebration, it’s in a couple of weeks” King Bastiaan asked her. “You must come Agalia is planning something very special. My wife, she has the whole city celebrating.”

        “Your 21st birthday, you seem older then what you are milord.” Nalia took a drink of her cup.

        “Ah yes I’ve been told this. I’ve been in numerous battles since I was 16. War makes you grow up. My father was killed in battle when I was only 17. I took over the Kingdom, with my most trust friend Miles. Miles is a couple of years older than me, he more like a brother.” King Bastiaan gulped his ale.

The night continued to grow late, when Miles returned to the Great Hall of Brothers. Nalia and King Bastiaan were just finishing their conversation. “Miles will you please take Nalia to one of the guest rooms for tonight” King Bastiaan ordered, “The hour is late, it would be best if you would retired here for tonight. I would be honor if you would.” King Bastiaan retired.

 Miles looked at Nalia “If you please” he handed his hand out to her.

        Nalia didn’t take his hand and just stood up and walked next’s to him “I think it would be better if I returned to the Inn that I’m staying at, it’s not that late for me” she walked pass him.

        “I rather you didn’t, milord won’t take kindly if you don’t stay here tonight” he replied.

        “ Well I rather not stay here, I don’t want to find you stalking me as I sleep” she looked at him coldly “If there is something you need to ask, come and ask it” she drew closer to him.

        Miles kept his eyes on her “Fine I don’t trust you, I rather you leave tonight!” he shot back at her.   

        Nalia nodded and turned and left him in the hall. “Good night” she called back at him.

         “Nalia” he called out a minute after. She didn’t reply. He walked after her. But she wasn’t there. “Damn” he hurried to the gates and saw her waiting for the gates to open. “Nalia, Nalia, Nalia” he caught up to her “I do apologized, it not my place to ask you leave. Please stay tonight.”

        She turned and nodded “Fine I have to talk to King Bastiaan tomorrow morning”. They both made their way back inside the palace. She followed him upstairs to her room.

         “Here you go” he opened the door for her.

        Nalia walked into the room and looked around “Thank you.” She inspected the room as she entered, the room was large then the inn she was staying at. The light brown walls were inviting and crème color drapes gave a nice feel for the room, “Good night Miles, see you in the morning” she closed the door before he could wish her goodnight.



© 2010 Alicka


Author's Note

Alicka
Rough draft, please ignore grammar. I'm open to suggestions, and another great ideas you may have.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was good, but there were a few minor errors. For instance, when Nalia speaks to one woman, you write down as if she was speaking to several others, like "women".
But i think that was the only thing i spotted. Other than that, this was actually fun to read. Very mysterious and entertaining. Good job!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
1 Review
Added on September 22, 2010
Last Updated on December 14, 2010


Author

Alicka
Alicka

Hutchinson, KS



About
I'm like read a lot of fantasy. I enjoy writing, I try to do a little research before writing anything new. I'm not great at poems, so I tend to not write any. I'm looking for great friends who can gi.. more..

Writing
No more No more

A Poem by Alicka


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Alicka