5

5

A Chapter by Alyssa Latham

My great grandmother and her friend were only on the phone for a-little over an hour; but, it seemed like forever. 


“Okay, sorry about that.” She apologizes as she sits down. “So, like I was saying, everything was normal again. Until one day, I was at school. I was sitting in math class, my favorite; when the principal came in. He opened the door, and asked me to follow him to the office. All of my friends stared at me, wide-eyed. I had never gotten in trouble-except maybe one or two times for talking. 

“Once we got to the office, I seen my mother standing in there, holding my brother, and our dog beside her on a leash. She was crying. I fast-walked into the room. ‘Mother, what’s going on?’ I asked. ‘Your- your aunt, she’s- she’s.’ my mother tried to explain, but she was too choked up. ‘What?’ I had already gotten an idea of what she was trying to say. I just wanted to find out I was wrong. ‘She’s dead.’ my mother finally said. It was a good thing there was a chair directly behind me, because my legs gave out. 

“I was too shocked to cry. ‘What- what happened?’ I asked, my voice shaky. ‘The Nazis.’ my mother answered. I should've known it was stupid to go back to our old home. Why wouldn’t the Nazis know to find us there. 

“‘What are we going to do? We’re not safe home, it doesn’t seem where safe anywhere.’ I asked my mother. ‘No, I know where we can go; and we’re leaving now. Your bags are in the car.’ We ran out to the car, and she began to speed down the road. Faster than I was back in Germany. ‘Mother, where are we going?’ I asked her. ‘Alaska. We’re going to stay with some family friends.’ she finally answered. 

“‘How do you know the Nazis won’t find us there?’ I asked. ‘Because, these friends are very secluded. You’ve never met them, and they’ve had no connections with your father.’ I nod, and don’t ask anymore questions.”



© 2016 Alyssa Latham


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
Added on November 20, 2016
Last Updated on November 20, 2016


Author

Alyssa Latham
Alyssa Latham

KY



About
Hello! I'm a fairly-new writer. For the past few months I've written fan-fiction, but I've decided to expand to 'normal' -I guess you could say- type of writing. My works will always be suitable for a.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Alyssa Latham


2 2

A Chapter by Alyssa Latham


3 3

A Chapter by Alyssa Latham





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5