7

7

A Chapter by Alyssa Latham

“So, do you want to know about how your great grandfather and I started dating, or do you want me to continue the original story?” My great grandmother questions.


“As interesting as the other choice sounds, I’m going to go with continuing with the original story.” I reply. 


“Okay, will do.” My great grandmother smiles, “I never knew living in Alaska could be so fun. As cold as it was, I loved all of the snow. We built an entire igloo; we drank hot chocolate while sitting in it. I got to stay cuddle up inside the house watching TV. It was heaven on earth. I completely forgot about the real reason we were staying in Alaska. To me, it felt like a vacation. 

“Until one day, I was brought back to reality. My mother went out with John and Rachel to go get some groceries, and she took my brother with her. Max and Monica were out with some relatives of their’s. So, I had the joy of being by myself, except for the dog. 

“It was fun at first. I fixed some hot coco; found an interesting movie to watch; and just laid on the couch with the dog. I guess I had fallen asleep, because I got woken up by the dog barking over by the door. I got up and went over to lock the door. I proceeded to peer out the window. I was relieved when I didn't see anything.  I made sure the window was locked, and closed the curtains. 

“I wasn’t completely freaked out. I mean, like I said before, the house was very hard to find. Still, I called my mother. ‘Dana, is everything okay?’ ‘Well, I guess. It’s just, the dog is barking at something, and I’m a-little spooked.’ I replied truthfully. ‘Okay, Dana, we’re on our way home right now. Just stay inside.’ 

“Not like I was going to go outside. I checked the back door, and made sure it was locked. I dod the same for the other windows. After I had everything checked and secured, I ran upstairs. Inside of the wall upstairs, there was a paper with a code on it. 

“After searching for a-while, I found it. I ran back downstairs, grabbed the dog, and went down to the basement. Behind a bookshelf there was a door, which is opened by the code on the paper. Now, I know what you’re thinking, very cliche. Anyways, the door opens up and leads to another door, which is opened by a special knock pattern; John told me about it just the day before. 

“After that door opens, you’re in their safe room. It’s a nice room. There’s a comfortable couch, television, refrigerator, a-lot of snacks. There’s also a window, where you can watch everything outside; but, the outside world cannot see the window. 

“I went over to said window, and stare out of it. I saw a car pull up. My heart begins to race. For that car was not one owned by the inhabitants of the house.”



© 2016 Alyssa Latham


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
Added on November 21, 2016
Last Updated on November 21, 2016


Author

Alyssa Latham
Alyssa Latham

KY



About
Hello! I'm a fairly-new writer. For the past few months I've written fan-fiction, but I've decided to expand to 'normal' -I guess you could say- type of writing. My works will always be suitable for a.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Alyssa Latham


2 2

A Chapter by Alyssa Latham


3 3

A Chapter by Alyssa Latham