8

8

A Chapter by Alyssa Latham

“I watch the strange car pull into our hidden driveway. All of the people inside of the car, get out in a hurry. I let out a sigh of relief when I see it’s just my mother, John, and Rachel; but then confusion strikes me, why are they driving a different car? 

“I hurry out of the safe room in order to meet them at the front door. ‘Hey, what’s with the new car?’ I ask, as I open the door for them. ‘Well, your mother informed us of your phone call, so we decided to take precautions.’ John answers. ‘Precautions for what?’ I ask, even more confused than I was before. ‘Well, incase someone had followed us out in the city, we drove around in the old car for a while. Once we were sure we weren’t being followed, we went to a buddy’s of mine, and he hooked us up with a new car.’ John answers my question again, only more in depth. 

“After my mother and Rachel finish bringing all of the groceries in, John goes and drives the car out somewhere; he comes back on foot. I don’t bother to ask where he went. I feel like I’ve already asked too many questions. 

“The rest of the evening seemed to be calm; the dog was asleep in his bed; my mother and Rachel were in the kitchen cooking a big dinner; John and Max were playing video games;  and Monica was doing homework. Lastly, I was sitting out on the front porch.” My great grandmother pauses, closes her eyes, and smiles. “I remember how content, and comforted I felt in that moment; sitting outside in the rocking chair; feeling the cool breeze blow past; listening to the noise of the various animals. 

“I was almost asleep, until I heard the sound of a giant truck approaching. I immediately get up, and run over the hill to see what all of the commotion is. Once I see that it’s just what I feared- Nazis- coming, I turn around and start to run back home. The only problem is, the snow is pretty deep, so it causes me to trip. Just my luck, I land on a spot of ice. My sleeves rolled up from the fall, so my arm hits the ice; it immediately stings on contact. I wince in agonizing pain. 

“I notice the headlights of the trucks getting closer. I try to crawl back to the house, but it hurts too bad. I try to yell out, but the loud-rumbling sound of the truck engine drowns out my screams.”



© 2016 Alyssa Latham


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

90 Views
Added on November 22, 2016
Last Updated on November 22, 2016


Author

Alyssa Latham
Alyssa Latham

KY



About
Hello! I'm a fairly-new writer. For the past few months I've written fan-fiction, but I've decided to expand to 'normal' -I guess you could say- type of writing. My works will always be suitable for a.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Alyssa Latham


2 2

A Chapter by Alyssa Latham


3 3

A Chapter by Alyssa Latham