"In-Passing..."

"In-Passing..."

A Poem by Chris
"

A moment's reverie

"

“In-Passing…”

 

I've been a weed

…in God's garden - but oh the colors -

oh …the colors… were soooo worth it.

 

Chris


© 2019 Chris


Author's Note

Chris
Feel free...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Some of the most beautiful flowers are weeds. I can remember discovering bind weed as a six year old, with their beautiful white trumpets. I couldn't tell the difference between a weed and a cultivated rose. They were all then flowers in God's garden. The innocence of childhood, how I wish. What I remember vividly as a child are primary colours, painting with them. The colours remain even if the innocence doesn't. The tapestry of life.

Chris

Posted 4 Years Ago


Such a wonderful little read here, life in bloom is what i took from this. Nicely written and said

Posted 4 Years Ago


Chris

4 Years Ago

We don't plan life AS it happens ...just when.
Such magical words, full of the true understanding of how it is. For me, weeds came first and keep returning.. in which case: QED -they're meant to always be. And that means you, dear Chris.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Chris

4 Years Ago

See ya Em...
emmajoy

4 Years Ago

That reads strangely. Are you leaving the café or.. what?
An arching rainbow ..a weed, a flower.. tributes all to the power of LIFE.. a myriad of color, texture, ever reaching and growing. toward the fulfillment of joy and LOVE...


....♥.......

Posted 4 Years Ago


...and once so tight a bud. now Orchid rare, or Queen Anne's Lace like snow across that sunshine field, a warming reflection...a bouquet of beauty lifts its mysteries all counted whether wild flower...or hot house delicacy....yes,its all in the colors!!!

Posted 4 Years Ago


Chris

4 Years Ago

Life as we perchance to live it...
Penlady

4 Years Ago

...life is but a breath and the hope for a second...so glad your words remain...
Chris

4 Years Ago

as best I can say them...
A weed in God's garden is tough and learns to survive through the toughest conditions. It's the neglect and oversight that gives it strength. While other plants are more delicate, and in many cases, more beautiful, weeds hold the soil in place so that these flowers can grow and thrive. Without top soil, a delicate plant could not grow. Weeds are the protectors of flowers. They are resilient and strong. We need more men to be as weeds.



Posted 4 Years Ago


Chris

4 Years Ago

Quite an insight.... and I agree.

3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

341 Views
26 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 7, 2019
Last Updated on September 7, 2019
Tags: Poetry, Writing, CHris

Author

Chris
Chris

Lansing, MI



About
"Life is a terminal disease." All the doctors have basically told me so. "Life is an adventure... Pain, well you deal. Thanks for being here. 06/21/2020 I'm back and working on. I've been.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..