Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by terminallyScorpio

The sun rose above the trees of the Rain forest, as daylight overpowered night. Animals began to awake from their nests, still adapting to their new bodies. Radiation was abundant in these lands now, it was almost sickening. Just east of the Amazon Rain forest, labored cries of pain could be heard under the protection of the trees, there, stood a pack. Some looked away from the beautiful moment that was birth, most surrounded the female and watched closely, looking for any signs that something was wrong. 

 A large male came forward, clearing his throat as his pack didn't notice him. Hearing his sounds, those blocking his past moved to the side, while those around the female observed him. The Alpha sat down in front of the female, the place where eyes would be, were only sockets, staring blankly at his mate. He made a soft chattering noise, before it rose to the crowd, the chattering noise becoming louder, and louder- a ritual. 

 Another one stepped forward, his jaws opening in a loud hiss. The crowd once again parted to make way for the eldest. The smaller, more worn down male had a sash slipped over his head. He turned his head, opening the small pocked with his nose and digging inside with his snout, before giving a pleased 'purr'. 

 The eldest pulled out what he had been anticipating..a knife. He held it under the rays of the sun that poked through the leaves, the blade glistening. As he craned his neck back down, his head whipped towards the Alpha, giving a snort. He took a step forward, his claws grazing the soil as he heard another scream, his head turning towards the mother. He could not see it, but he sensed the presence of the newborn and heard the small coughs and first breaths it took. Now, it was time.

 The pack in the circle began humming an eerie mixture of nose, tails thumping against the ground, howling towards the sky, making noises similar to cats and dogs, and the grunts and snorts. The Alpha did nothing, letting himself be submissive to the Eldest as the old Slender advanced on him, blade pointed out to puncture the male's chest. 

 As the blade hit flesh, the Eldest twisted his head, making the blade go sideways in the chest cavity of the Alpha, making the younger, larger Slender to hiss out in pain. Another Slender came over, this one slightly smaller than the Eldest, but nearly the same age. It brought over a wood bowl, setting it under the knife where the blood dripped down. 

 The Eldest twisted again, before pushing more into the chest. The Alpha hissed more as the blood covered his black pelt, and dripped down into the bowl which was gradually almost full. The red liquid tasted disgusting as a single drop entered the Eldest's mouth, making him giving a small his, digging the knife in deeper till he felt it puncture something. 

 The Alpha gasped, his body falling limp. The Eldest pulled the knife out, the Alpha falling onto his side- dead. Bending down, the brown Slender, who's snout was dotted with blood, gave his nod of approval at both the bowl, and the small grey Slender, dismissing him with the flick of a long ear. Picking up the edge of the bowl by his mouth, he carefully walked over to the newborn, setting down the bowl.

 Unlike dogs, cats, and other mammals, when Slenders are first born, they must drink the blood of a relative, royalty or not. Now, for the Alpha's children, the first born would be the last for the male alpha. Whether the child was male, female, or they were twins, the father was to be killed, via puncturing the heart, and a bowl full of blood was to be drained and given to the children. 

 After this ritual, the children would be immediately deemed the new alphas and would rule the pack  even at such a young age. This was a ritual for every pack, not just the one this tyke was born. 

 His mother was pleased as she heard her newborn son drink up the blood eagerly as it was placed in front of him. She lifted up her head, her head downwards toward the white, black, and red Slender, "Taka" she began, giving a smile, "Your name..will be Taka."


© 2012 terminallyScorpio


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
Added on July 22, 2012
Last Updated on July 22, 2012


Author

terminallyScorpio
terminallyScorpio

Palm Coast, FL



About
I am 13 years old and an amateur writer. I enjoy typing up stories for than actual writing seeing I have horrid hand-writing. I take part in multiple RPs and enjoy going to school. I currently work as.. more..

Writing