The Blue Eyed Fairy

The Blue Eyed Fairy

A Chapter by Anna Ivy
"

A good fairy comes to help Sylvia by giving her means to escape, but Sylvia is skeptical.

"

The room was spacious with stone walls and a wide gothic window. The bed was large enough for three people with a red canopy, dark wood frame and a silver and red brocade bed set. There was a tall dresser and a vanity of matching wood to the bed, and another door that was open to a bathroom. It was undeniably lovely and whimsical. After a while, a shimmer caught her eye outside in the night sky. She walked over to the window and as it drew near her it became clear that a fairy was headed her way.
“No! You aren’t welcome here!” Sylvia waved her arms to shoo it away, but she kept coming. This fairy had blue eyes and dark wavy hair, like Sylvia.
“Hush! I’m here to help.”
“Like hell you are.” Sylvia snapped.
“I’m a good fairy, Sylvia, smell me.”
“Smell you? What? And how do you know my name?” Sylvia was becoming shaken with the stress.
“I smell like honeysuckle, don’t I?” Sylvia raised a brow, and did indeed smell honeysuckle. “Good fairies smell of honeysuckle… and can bypass the Prince’s fairy repellent. Did that other fairy not stop at the edge of the woods? He planted flowers that keep bad fairies from being able to get anywhere near here.” Sylvia decided to believe the fairy, since she was the only being that had given her some sort of answer so far.
“Alright… why would you want to help me, though?” 
“Sylvia, every being has a job that they are nothing without. It balances things. Fairies are known for being bad here because we have a special curse; all fairies, good or bad, must do his or her own job when the opportunity presents its self or we turn to dust.” Sylvia nodded slowly. The fairy flew into the room and stood on top of the dresser. “The reason why I knew your name is because you were in need of help, and I was presented with it. That other fairy may have known your name too, and led you here because it is a place of evil.” Sylvia took a deep breath, and let it out slowly.
“I’m scared…” the fairy nodded. “Please, do you know anything about this prince?”
“I know very little facts; all I have heard has been rumored. There isn’t much you would want to hear, it would only worry you and no one knows if it’s even true. Either way, I know you want to go home. I have something for you.” From a pouch she had on her back she produced a blue vial that was almost as big as she. “A piece of advice, never take a potion from a fairy that is any shade of red, orange or yellow. The reason why is because more than likely it has been made from a narcotic, or worse. If a fairy says she is good and gives you a red potion, don’t use it… ever. Not even on someone else. Now this potion will temporarily put him to sleep if you drink it, but you must be in the same room as he is which will be tricky. Oh and another thing; good potions never go bad. If you receive one from a fairy you think is good and she tells you to use if before a certain time for example, before sundown or after the first rainfall, it’s a trick. Potions can be good and only be useful in certain settings and situations, but will never have an expiration.” Sylvia smiled and took it gently. “I wish we could talk more Sylvia, there isn’t much good left in this land…” She trailed off and began fidgeting with the hem of her tiny dress nervously.
“Thank you. I seem to have no other choice but to trust you if I want leave.” The fairy nodded and flew to the window.
“Don’t worry, Sylvia. I know you can do it. I’ll be waiting to show you the way back when you’ve done it.” Quickly, the fairy disappeared. Sylvia lay back on the bed and stared at the vial. The blue liquid shimmered and smoldered against the flickering candle light, and Sylvia debated on whether or not she would use it. She couldn’t bear the thought of killing him, or hurting him for that matter. Sylvia was known for being soft hearted, even when she had every reason not to be. It was one of her true downfalls.

The door opened and the same girl from before brought in a folded fabric. She set it on the bed and looked at Sylvia,
“In an hour, you will come down to eat. Here is something that Master has provided for you to wear.” She turned stiffly and walked out, locking the door behind her. Sylvia sat rigid, terrified of the grisly girl. She unfolded the article and saw that it was a dress. It was a creamy blue colored gown, floor-length with a velvety grey vine-like pattern stretching from top to bottom. It was gorgeous, but Sylvia was confused as to why he would have given her something so nice to wear. Perhaps she couldn’t find the strength to accept the truth in the situation.



© 2013 Anna Ivy


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I think this chapter was good. It had an even flow and gave us alot more description and explained some things about the world. This chapters has left me feeling as if i want to know more about the "Grisly Girl" that seems to have been placed in charge of Sylvia. Even though she's been talked about and come into the storyline twice now, once in chapter one and now here. I'm not really getting a strong sense of who she is in the story and what she looks like. Is she just a zombie like character or is she hideously deformed, does she have scars.... Something about her is certainly making Sylvia fearful of her....but it's not really clear what that is.

Another strong chapter... The story continues. =)
Aaron - Wolfwind

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Anna Ivy

10 Years Ago

Yeah she's vague for now and her background will be revealed in later chapters. I thought of putting.. read more



Reviews

I think this chapter was good. It had an even flow and gave us alot more description and explained some things about the world. This chapters has left me feeling as if i want to know more about the "Grisly Girl" that seems to have been placed in charge of Sylvia. Even though she's been talked about and come into the storyline twice now, once in chapter one and now here. I'm not really getting a strong sense of who she is in the story and what she looks like. Is she just a zombie like character or is she hideously deformed, does she have scars.... Something about her is certainly making Sylvia fearful of her....but it's not really clear what that is.

Another strong chapter... The story continues. =)
Aaron - Wolfwind

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Anna Ivy

10 Years Ago

Yeah she's vague for now and her background will be revealed in later chapters. I thought of putting.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

456 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 3, 2013
Last Updated on September 7, 2013
Tags: Fantasy, Romance, Magic, Deception, Love, Fate, Gothic, Goth, Dreams, Dream, Fairy, Fae, Fairies, Good, Evil, Portal, Portals, Escape, Castle, Dark, Night, Dusk, Dawn, Realm


Author

Anna Ivy
Anna Ivy

VA



About
I am currently taking classes for an associates in culinary arts and management. I never thought I could make a living off of writing or my art, I suppose that's just insecurity, so I took up somethin.. more..

Writing
Nature Nature

A Chapter by Anna Ivy


Love, Part One Love, Part One

A Chapter by Anna Ivy