The Escape

The Escape

A Chapter by Anna Ivy
"

Sylvia finds her strength to use the potion and returns home, but something isn't quite right when The Prince comes back to her in her dreams.

"

The presence of something in the room made Sylvia peek from under the covers. She saw the fairy coming. Sylvia sat up and smiled at her.

“You haven’t done it yet? Why?” She asked impatiently.

“I haven’t had the opportunity.”

“Well your chance is now. He’s downstairs sitting at the desk next to the hallway entrance. You can sneak behind him and take it.” Sylvia’s eyes widened.

“What if he sees me?”

“The effect is almost instant, just take in quickly.” Sylvia got up with the vial in hand.

"I can't help but be nervous... what if he knows somehow or is able to stop me before I can take it? He hasn't been terribly bad to me, perhaps he doesn't have evil intentions."

"Well, if I were you Sylvia I wouldn't wait around to find out. A bad reputation may be all a lie, but there is always some underlying truth." Sylvia agreed, but still wished he had told her something that would make her stay. It was a risk and she wasn't willing to take it.

“I’ll be waiting.” The fairy whispered as she flew out the window. Sylvia slipped the potion down the front of the dress and walked silently downstairs. There he sat just as the fairy said, writing, but as she reached up he turned around and smiled. Sylvia’s heart sunk.

“Couldn’t sleep?” He said softly as he began walking towards her. She was frozen. He looked concerned; her face was full of fear and almost losing color. “Sylvia you look ill…” He stared at her for a moment, reading her. Sylvia’s cheeks grew hot. He then placed his hands on either side of her face and drew closer, “are you so afraid of me?” he whispered. An odd sensation came over her when he was so close; it frightened her to feel that way. She slapped away his hands and took a few steps back. His face hardened.

“I’m going home, I don’t belong here and you know it.” She produced the vial and quickly pulled the cork. His eyes widened,

“NO!” He yelled angrily, but she turned it up and in one swallow it was gone. She looked back at him just as he grabbed her hand with a growl. He clenched his teeth at her for a moment before he was overcome with pain. She saw how his face changed and gasped with horror. He clutched his chest and fell to his knees. Was he dying?

“I’m sorry!” She backed away from him and tears began falling as she dropped the bottle to the floor and ran for the door. She didn’t stop running, even when the fairy called to her. Sylvia cleared the field before tripping over a tree root and slamming to the ground.

“Sylvia what’s the matter?” The fairy shouted when she finally caught up. She stood crying,

“You killed him! You said it would put him to sleep but he’s dying!”

“No Sylvia! He’ll be fine I swear! I know it looked painful, but he will wake up from it in a half hour, unless one of his servants brings him an antidote. Sylvia we don’t have much time, we need to go, now!” Sylvia followed her through thick brush and a creek, unlike the path she took to get there. When they came to old castle ruins, they stopped. Sylvia was desperate to catch her breath. Their eyes met with horror when two wolves’ howls pierced through the night. “We’re here, that old arched doorway will take you back.”

“What about you? Won’t he punish you?” She smiled.

“It was the risk I had to take. Now, go!” Sylvia thanked her and prayed she truly was a good fairy before stepping through the doorway.

 

It was dark and the moon was gone for the night. The sky was beginning to lighten and spread its bright morning colors across the sky. Sylvia did not awake in front of the hill, but just outside of her house by the howling of her forlorn dogs. She took a moment to stare at her familiar surroundings before she ran shouting joyously, almost being taken down by her overly excited dogs. Steam was rolling from the bathroom as Sylvia took a long, hot shower repeating to herself “it’s over, it’s over.”

She made her way to the bedroom and collapsed on the bed with a victorious grin across her face. She was fast asleep thinking of how sweet it is to be home.

 

The prince pulled himself up off of the floor, finding his wolves and servants standing before him. One had given him the antidote.

“Find her.” He growled. They took off and in a moment he was alone. His chest ached and his head pounded, but he made his way back to his own bedroom on the third floor. He stared over the land from his wide window that oversaw everything, listening to the howl of the wolves beginning the hunt. He knew it was too late, for she was being helped by the fairy that gave her the potion.

He stumbled to his cabinet filled with medicinal herbs and created a concoction to ease his pain. He sat in a chair in the moonlight, wondering what could happen next now that she was gone. He had no idea if the fairy truly sent Sylvia home or not and if she didn’t, their world would come to ruin soon.

 The crystal sphere sitting on the table lit up. She had made it home and was falling asleep; this was wonderful news. He was still angry about being poisoned, but thankful that she could still return. He picked up the crystal ball and looked into her dreams. He saw his self, she was dreaming of him.

 

Sylvia was fast asleep knowing she was away from that place. She didn't however escape the dreams. She stood in the lake nest to the immense castle. The water was steaming and glowing green, but felt nice and warm. He was standing on the shore in his black long cloak. His raven hair moving in the breeze and his piercing gaze made her still, but not afraid. His expression was calm and warming. He began walking towards her in the water and placed his hands on her shoulders.

“I need you back here, Sylvia.”

“Why?” She asked softly. He said nothing for a moment as his cool hand reached up and brushed the hair from her cheek.

“Come, stay with me.” He whispered “I need you.” He moved in closer and kissed her on the forehead. She stood still, her heart pounding. “Or our world will come tumbling down…”

Sylvia woke up to the sun streaming in through the curtains, confused and disconnected from reality. She knew it really was him, but was wondering if it could be a trick. She was however thankful he was alive, but also angry that the events last night weren’t a dream, and the adventure wasn’t over. As she got up and began getting dressed, something stuck in her head. Something she knew was a sign that he truly needed her, a name; Mythaeus.



© 2013 Anna Ivy


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Now we are a left with both a new piece of a mystery that is still a mystery...the mystery thickens in the realm of questions...

"He saw his self, she was dreaming of him." - It should be "He saw himself, she was dreaming of him."

I think overall know, as i've read what you've posted thus far, I shall say that you've got an interesting idea. The plot line is up and down and has many holes in it, leaving alot of questions that have yet to be answered and in someway obstruct the overall flow of the piece.

The ending sentence is an awkward way to end this chapter in my opinion... We are told that Sylvia knew something about this name.... but we don't know how she knew it. This is where going into some sort of flash back, even if it's just some vague image that pops into her mind would really help keep the story line flowing.

But I say this... you've managed to get me to keep reading...so it must be an entertaining story for me. =)

Thanks for sharing your ink!
Aaron - Wolfwind


Posted 10 Years Ago


Anna Ivy

10 Years Ago

Yeah I get mad confused with "his self" and "himself". Once upon a time I knew which to use...
.. read more
Wolfwind

10 Years Ago

Well... go on to the next chapter then... This is a first run of the story anyways and if things don.. read more
Anna Ivy

10 Years Ago

It's up :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

302 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 7, 2013
Last Updated on September 7, 2013
Tags: Fantasy, Romance, Magic, Deception, Love, Fate, Gothic, Goth, Dreams, Dream, Fairy, Fairies, Good, Evil, Portal, Portals, Escape, Castle, Dark, Night, Dusk, Dawn, Realm, kiss


Author

Anna Ivy
Anna Ivy

VA



About
I am currently taking classes for an associates in culinary arts and management. I never thought I could make a living off of writing or my art, I suppose that's just insecurity, so I took up somethin.. more..

Writing
Nature Nature

A Chapter by Anna Ivy


Love, Part One Love, Part One

A Chapter by Anna Ivy