Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by Whitney Shaw

Jimmy was helping Jeremiah Johnson chop up wood for the fire place, when Jimmy was chopping the wood he saw a Native on a black paint horse. 
“Who is that?” asked Jimmy. 
“That’s my son, Eagle Crow. That’s White Hawks cousin. I took him in when he was younger, his parents didn’t want anything to do with. White Hawk brought him to me, I heard White Hawk was sick,” said Jeremiah Johnson. 
“Yes he was, he is doing much better now, I hope, he’s coming home today,” said Jimmy. 
“Good Eagle Crow, this is Jimmy, White Hawks friend,” said Jeremiah Johnson. 
“It’s nice to meet you, my name is Eagle Crow.” 
“It’s nice to meet you, my name is Jimmy.” 
“Hello,” said Eagle Crow. 
“I didn’t know White Hawk had a cousin, he never mentioned or talked about him having a cousin, I grew up with him and his family,” said Jimmy. 
“Yeah, he has another cousin over in Rapid,” said Jeremiah Johnson. 
“He doesn’t come up here anymore like he used to,” said Jeremiah Johnson. 
“Maybe he’ll come more often now that I know you,” said Jimmy. 
So Eagle Crow went to put his horse up and came back to help. When they were all done Eagle Crow looked down and saw police men. 
“Dad,” said Eagle Crow. 
“Jimmy go inside and stay there,” said Jeremiah Johnson. 
Jimmy ran inside the house, Jeremiah Johnson and Eagle Crow were standing there watching the police officers. 
“What do you want?” asked Jeremiah Johnson. 
“I am sorry Jeremiah, were here to take Jimmy,” said the Native officer. 
“Look, he told me what happened, he didn’t mean to, it just happened, he was protecting himself and storekeeper, it was either them or the bad guy,” said Jeremiah Johnson. 
“I know, but he has to convince the judge,” said the Native officer. 
“Jimmy,” whispered White Hawk. 
“White Hawk how did you?” asked Jimmy. 
“Went behind the house, come on, it’s my turn to help you now,” said White Hawk. 
So they both went outside. 
“Jimmy,” said the Native officer.
Jimmy went down to the Native officer.
“Cousin,” said Eagle Crow. 
“Hey, you have grown up a lot also,” said White Hawk smiling. 
“Yeah,” said Eagle Crow. 
“Hello White Hawk how’s it,” said Jeremiah Johnson. 
“Good, it’s good to see you both,” said White Hawk. 
“It’s good to see you as well, don’t be a stranger next time you visit,” said Jeremiah Johnson. 
“I won’t I’ll start coming back again,” said White Hawk. 
“Good,” said Jeremiah Johnson. 
So the Native officers took Jimmy to the car and drove up to the court house and went inside and sat down. 
“The court is now in session,” said the police officer. 
“Do we have a witness?” asked the Judge.
“Yes we do, here is the witness,” said the Native officer. 
“Do you swear to tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help you God?” asked the officer. 
“I do,” said the storekeeper. 
“I run the store, Jimmy there was just a costumer, when the deceased came inside he pulled a gun, if it wasn’t for Jimmy either one of us would be sitting here today, and I can’t thank him enough,” said the storekeeper. 
“So self-defense then?” asked the Judge. 
“It looks that way, he has no criminal record, and we do have the weapon, but it was use in self-defense not murder,” said the DA.
“His record his clean and clearly we do not have a case here, so he is free to go,” said the Judge. 
Everybody smiled and patted Jimmy on the back and left the court house. 
“Let’s get out of here,” said White Hawk. 
“It’s really good to see you, I’m glad your back,” said Jimmy. 
“Yes, it’s good to be home,” said White Hawk. 
“Thank you my friend,” said Jimmy. 
“For what?” asked White Hawk.
“For helping me,” said Jimmy. 
“That’s what friends are for,” said White Hawk. 
“Right, thank you,” said Jimmy. 
“Your welcome,” said White Hawk. 
White Hawk took Jimmy home and they explained everything to Jimmy’s mother. Then White Hawk went home and went to bed. 


© 2016 Whitney Shaw


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on December 1, 2016
Last Updated on December 1, 2016


Author

Whitney Shaw
Whitney Shaw

Midland, TX



About
I am Apache Native Indian, I am an Apostolic girl, I also have Cerebral Pasly it's a learning disability, has to do with motor skills in the brain. But I am blessed that I can walk, talk, read, but .. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Whitney Shaw


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Whitney Shaw