Chapter 7

Chapter 7

A Chapter by Whitney Shaw

So Billy and Bob rode to Frankie's house. Henry and Red Bear were headed to Fort Apache. As they arrived into the back parts of Montana it started to get late and they decided to stop and rest, Henry made some coffee. 
"Henry where did you find Lone Wolf, how did he come to be in a town, with you guys," asked Red Bear? 
"We'll it all started when the white eyes and the Indians were at war with each other. We killed a lot of Indians that day. I saw Lone Wolf in the camp. He was a good warrior among the Apache tribe. He wasn't too fond of the white eyes coming on their land and building their homes. He was tall and slim to. I was a blue coat then, my job was to move the Chiricahua's to reservations where they will become farmers my scouts and I went to his camp and talked, that's when Lone Wolf came after us. The Chief turned around quickly and stopped him, he was mad he started to yell at the Chief in Apache and he rode away with his band of warriors," said Henry.
"I bet it was hard for them to leave their lands and to lose their way of life," said Red Bear.
"Yes it was very hard, we also lost some on the way to the reservations, we tried to track down Lone Wolf and his band of warriors but we couldn't find them until that day," said Henry.
"What did he do," asked Red Bear?
"He started raiding settler’s homes burning them to the ground and killing them, telling them to get off Apache land, the one day they spotted us and started shooting at us. Lone Wolf shot me in the stomach and shoulder; his men slaughtered my troops and burned my Apache scouts while they were barely alive. Sometimes I can still hear those white eye screams. Lone Wolf told his men to leave me, and they did. Then a few years later I rode to the mountains, I looked down and saw a man on the ground, so I went down the mountain as fast as I could and when I got to the bottom it was Lone Wolf, he was covered in either his blood or the white eyes blood, all his men were killed trying to free their people, he was the only one that lived. Till this day I still don't understand why he left me alive, he doesn't either," said Henry,
"A Great Spirit the creator told him to leave alive," said Red Bear.
"Maybe," said Henry.
"Someday you both will know," said Red Bear.
"We'll we better get some rest, we are starting early in the morning," said Henry.
As Henry and Red Bear were sleeping, Henry dreamt about the past, He dreamt about their screams and Lone Wolf, it startled him and made him jump. Henry sat up in and looked up at the stars. He saw the Big Dipper and seven little stats by it, he thought about quill work girl and her seven brothers, you know the story told by the Cheyenne people long ago. Then he went back to sleep.
        


© 2016 Whitney Shaw


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
Added on December 1, 2016
Last Updated on December 1, 2016


Author

Whitney Shaw
Whitney Shaw

Midland, TX



About
I am Apache Native Indian, I am an Apostolic girl, I also have Cerebral Pasly it's a learning disability, has to do with motor skills in the brain. But I am blessed that I can walk, talk, read, but .. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Whitney Shaw


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Whitney Shaw