Chapter 10

Chapter 10

A Chapter by Whitney Shaw

So now Sheriff Jason, Henry, Red Bear and Lone Wolf were traveling together back to Montana. They rode for days and hours and it started to get dark, so they tied their horses up to a tree and built a fire and went to sleep. Next morning came Red Bear was up already making coffee and drinking coffee. 
"So are we in Montana yet," asked Red Bear?
"Ye we are were in Montana," said Henry. 
"Great, that was a great trip, I had fun," said Red Bear. 
"Fun for you maybe, but my butt is sore, you let me ride up front and you in the back," said Lone Wolf rubbing his butt. 
"Okay, jeez," said Red Bear. 
"Now that your back, stay out of trouble," asked Sheriff Jason?
"Alright," said Lone Wolf. 
"Lone Wolf I heard what happened in town and those men," said Henry. 
"I snapped, I had my Winchester in my hands and I just lost it, I didn't have any control over it, I don't know. I was angry, I'm living my past all over again," said Lone Wolf. 
"I know son, you can't change a warrior," said Henry patting Lone Wolf on the back. 
So they went to Frankie's house, when they arrived Frankie walked outside and said, 
"I’m glad you guys are back in one peace," said Frankie. 
So they went inside and everybody walked into the living room and sat down. 
"I have something I want to say, yawls know we have been together for many years, and some of us just joined, we have been through a lot over the years. We need to go our separate ourselves from each other, try to find out what were good at. I'm tire of people being afraid of us, I'm tired of getting shot at, at every town we go through, we have made a lot of enemies, and some of them are from our pasts. I want to live forever until old age hits me. I don’t want to die at the age of thirty, we should all go our separate ways," said Henry. 
"I've always wanted to be a teacher," said Bob. 
"Is this how you want it, no matter what we do or where we go, the people of our pasts will always catch up with us or kill us. That Sheriff from Texas is still looking for Lone Wolf and I, he's probably still looking and hasn't stopped. Heck I’m sure he has never slept in days, when he finds us we will be shot on site or hanged on site," said Billy. 
"That’s not going to happen," said Henry. 
"How do you know that," asked Billy? 
"I just know," said Henry. 
So they went upstairs and washed their faces and went too slept. The next morning came and the sun rose beautifully so the sky was reddish orange. So Henry, Bob, Red Bear, Billy and Lone Wolf went outside to the barn and saddled up there horses, except Lone Wolf he rides his bare back. Lone Wolf left his Winchester with Frankie; he thought Frankie could use it. 
"What are you going to do now," asked Lone Wolf? 
"I don't know, but I know that I'm not going back to the city, that’s for sure," said Red Bear. 
"Well where ever you decide to go I hope it brings happiness and peace," said Lone Wolf. 
"Me too, where will you go," asked Red Bear?
"Where ever he'll take me, I will go," said Lone Wolf stroking his horses mane. 
"So I guess this means good bye," said Red Bear. 
"No it doesn't, this is going to be a whole new beginning, it's a good day to live," said Lone Wolf. 
"Yes it is," said Red Bear. 
"Bye Lone Wolf," said Frankie. 
"Bye Frankie," said Lone Wolf giving Frankie a hug. 
"Bye everybody, don't forget about me," asked Frankie? 
"We will meet again," said Bob waving to them. 
"I hope so friend, take care of yourself Lone Wolf, you and I have been through a lot together, I hope we will see each other again before that Sheriff catches up with one of us and hangs us," said Billy. 
"Billy I'll never forget you, and don’t' worry about that Sheriff, we out skunked him before we can do it again," said Lone Wolf. 
"I won't forget you ever," Billy riding away real fast and not looking back. 
"I wish you luck son, you’re like a son to me, so take care of yourself I don't want to find out that an Indian boy has been killed or gunned down, so take care of yourself," said Henry. 
"I know I promise, we will meet again Henry, good bye," Lone Wolf riding out and not looking back. 
"Well good bye Frankie, see you soon," Henry riding away, he turned his horse and looked back at Frankie and waved good bye. 
"Good luck boys," Frankie said in a soft voice and went inside. 
They all headed into different directions. Nobody knows if they are going to see each other again. But it could happen. 
     


© 2016 Whitney Shaw


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

68 Views
Added on December 1, 2016
Last Updated on December 1, 2016


Author

Whitney Shaw
Whitney Shaw

Midland, TX



About
I am Apache Native Indian, I am an Apostolic girl, I also have Cerebral Pasly it's a learning disability, has to do with motor skills in the brain. But I am blessed that I can walk, talk, read, but .. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Whitney Shaw


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Whitney Shaw