Chapter 5

Chapter 5

A Chapter by April Destinee

                                                              Chapter 5

            "I don't have a car so were going to have to use my motorbike. If...it's okay with you?" Mr. Tyter peeked over his shoulder, his eyes meet mine.

            "The faster I get rid of Phil and Rita, the better." I nodded hastily. The faster I get away from Wren, Kim, and everyone in this town the better.

            He had lead us out of the woods, and onto the small porch of his house. The house wasn't big like Phil and Rita's--or good-looking for that matter--but it seemed right for Mr. Tyter. It really fitted his personalility. 

           My eyes grazed over the damp rotting wood surrounding the entire house. The windows had some small cracks in them, but not big enough to break. 

          I stopped staring as Mr. Tyter popped back out with a helmet in his hands. He handed it to me and smiled. "Wouldn't want that pretty face of yours to get damaged, right?"

          I looked down at my feet as I took the helmet. Thank God, my hair covered my cheeks. I was too afraid that they had turned a deep shade of red. Mr. Tyter flung his leg over the motorbike, and turned to me. He gave me a puzzled looked before patting the seat behind him. 

          I followed his silent order, and got onto the bike. I placed my helmet on my head, allowing the fastner to snap shut. I shifted in my seat and snaked my skin arms around Mr. Tyter firm waist. 

         Jesus, did I just feel abs?

         I quickly realesed my arms from his abdomen, to embrassed and began fumbling with my bookbag. I fastened the string around it tighter, then sucked a deep breathe.

         "Everything alright back there?" Mr. Tyter asked.

          "Uh-huh," I nodded. "Everythings just fine." I muttered.

          "Not having second thought are you?" I noted that a bit of humor lacked in his question. Why did he sound so coarse?

           "Not at all. My real father's out there. And I need to get far away as possible from Phil and Rita."

            "I'm not aruging. I'm just saying be carefull what you wish for?" He mummbled. I circled my arms back around Mr. Tyter and buried my face in his back. I didn't want to see anything when I was on this ride. "No matter what don't let go, got it?"

           "Mm-huh." I said my voice muffled.

            I felt the bike tilt over a bit, and I pulled Mr. Tyter closed. Jesus save me! "Okay, here we go." The motorcycle engine roared to life, as it lurched forward.

           Three second later, I felt a warm wind whip through my hair. I smiled a bit, Maybe this isn't so bad.

          "Charity!" A faint voice above me said. Was that Wren? Was he following me? Oh God, he's going to tell Rita and Phil, who I ran away with!  I shifted around, releasing Mr. Tyter a bit and looked up, I searched in between the thick shaded treetops. But there was not sign of Wren.

           Wait a minute...why am I looked for Wren in the sky? ByGod, it's not like he can fly. I shook my head and felt the bike make a sudden turn. I yelped and regained my tight deathlock on his abs.

          Mt. Tyter dashed deeper into the woods, causing my body to jerk about. My stomach rose and fell, rose and fell over and over again. I could feel my bile crawling up my thoart.

           Nothing good ever happens in the woods. Mr. Tyters words rang in my head. My heart skipped a beat and my chest clenched. This couldn't be good. I loosened my grip on Mr. T's waist. Trying to calculate how to get off and which way to run, without falling off.

           My eyes landed on a small opening light on the left in a distance. I shifted my butt a bit, hoping this postition will help with my landing. Mr. T looked back at me, but it wasn't him.

           His dark black hair hung over his blood red eyes that bored a hole in my soul. A devillish smirked played on his thin lips, and fear rooted in my chest. 

         "Let me off!" I yelled. The man turned back around, his shoulders moving up and down. "I said get me o--"

         I was interrupted by the bike reeving forward faster. I looked down at my feet but they were anchored to the ground. I grabbed my leg with my hand and tried yanking it off, but nothing happened. It was as though, somone was holding my feet down in place.

          A tear of frustration slipped out my eyes. I'm never going to met my father. I'm never going to see Wren, Kimberly, or anyone else again.

         I let out another scream as the stench of burnt coal and fire whisked past my noes. A torching heat claimed my skin--on my hands, face, and legs--showing it no mercy from it scorthing burn. Yells of despair and pain echoed in my ears as it got hotter and hotter.

          What was happening to me?

******

       A dim bright red light surronded me. I squinted my eyes and groaned. My eyes snapped closed for a second, before opening again. Still seeing the red light. I rolled over on my belly and buried my face in a very soft pillow, that smelled of lilaics. Since when did my pillow smelled like lilaics?

         Why did the bed, suddenly feel softer. Was this even my bed? I huffed out a sighed, why was I so hot? Why did it smelled like burnt coal? Did Phil forget the food on the stove again?

         I shot up out my bed with alarm. I searched my room, for my slippers. My eyes glanced over at the light blue and gold drapes hanging from the windows and above my bed. A picture of a man with a white wig on his head stared at me, as I examined more of strange room. This is not my room...

         I looked up at the crystal chandieler hanging just 3 feet away from my bed. 

        Why was I in such plush room? My breathing turned ragged as my widened browns scanned the room, frantically. My hands flew to my stomach, then my chest, then my hair.

         Am I in the right body? Did I switch lives with someone? Or was this just a silly dream of mine. I gripped the tapestry detail light blue sheets of my body and wigggled my toes. These were my toes, my hands, my legs...everything was in check. I was in my body. Thank God! But why was I here?

         And where exactly is here?

        I swung my legs off the high matteress and scrunched my toes into the warm fluffy carpet. "Where the heck am I?" I asked to myself, just then I heard footsteps rushing in to me.

        "What is wrong, madame?"

        I turned around quickly and stared wide-eyed at a girl who looked around my age. Her green eyes stared at me with fear and worry. I took a step back slowly. "Who are you?" My voice came out in a hoarse tone. 

        She smiled warmly, relaxing a bit, and placing the platteron the table. She took two steps extened her long right leg behind her left, in a curtise. "I am Melinda, madame."

       I watched her with curious eyes as she began to stand. "Do you know why I'm here? And where is here?"

        Melinda chuckled and took the silver platter back into her hands. "Would you like some tea, madame?"

           "No thanks, and I would really apprectiate me if you stop calling me 'madame' my name is--"

          "I know who you are, Misses." She handed me the china cup filled  with a dark liquid. "It is green tea. It soothes yur nerves."

          "Um, Melinda...where am I?"

        "Mr. Brand brought you these." She picked up a blue shimmery dress from the chair beside her and picked up some black 3 in heel shoes. "He request you wear them tonight."

       "Tonight?" I placed the tea cup, back on the table, to nauseous to drink anything. "What is tonight?"

        "The ball in honour of your arrival."

       "My arrival?" I squeaked. Why is everything happening so strange? 

       "Yes, all of Hades is waiting to meet you, Misses."

       "Hades? Is that like some town name for something?" Melinda laughed and shook her head. "What is so funny? I want to know where I am, and who took me here!" I demanded. I was ggetting tired of the shannies, I needed to get out of here.

          "No, ma'am. This is not a town. It is more like a hot firey pit. 

         A hot firey pit?... What? My heart froze in mid-beat. The world stopped spinning and stood still. I could feel my heart and bile, rising in my thoart. I gripped my stomach, and stared at Melinda. My head aired up a bit, and I felt as though I was falling. Black spots spoiled my vision. This can't be happening.

         "I'm in Hell?" I choked out. Oh God saying the word just made my stomach lurch. "As in demons and Satan?" I whispered. 

        "The masters perfers to call it Hades. Don't let them hear you call it the other any name." She warned in a serious voice. 

        "Master?" I clung onto the bedside desk, losing my balance. 

        "Yes, the 7 princes of Hades and the king." She answered simply. 

        I breathed in through my noes deeply and out throw my mouth. This had to be a joke. This couldn't be happened. If Kim and Wren came up with this, that is just cruel. This is not the type of joke that people found funny. 

          I looked up at Melinda, damn, she was a good actor. I stood up on my feet and lifted my head. "Okay, no more joking around. I'm done with this joke." I said, waiting for Wren and Kimberly to come out sulking. "Wren? Kim?" I called. There was a silence in the room. You couldn't even hear the hum of the light. 

          I looked over at Melinda's confused face. Something in here, told me this wasn't a joke. This was real. I was actually in Hell. 

        "What is a joke Madame?" Melinda asked.

       "Stop calling me that!" I snapped. My eyes darted across the room. This wasn't funny. This was scary, this can't be true. Humans don't go to Hell alive... they go when they have sinned and died. 

        Did I sin? Hurting Rita and Phil was a sin?

       I didn't belong here. I don't belong in Hell. I belonged home, on Earth, with my father. I shoved past Melinda and found my way to the door. I flung it opened and lost my balance. 

          Mr. Tyter looked down at me and smiled. "Glad to see you are up." He strolled in the world. 

         "You!" I got up off the floor and rushed after him. I grabbed his arm and yanked him. "Why the f**k did you take me? What type of sick joke is this?" I yelled, glaring at him.

          "It is not a joke. I was ordered to bring you here. I cannot disobey my orders."

          "Orders from who?'

         "The king."

          "Well, tell you "king" to get me the hell out of here!"

         "But you belong here, mylady. This is y--"

         "No!" I stabbed my finger in his chest. "Let me tell you something, Mister Tyter, I'm not like you. I don't lie and decive people. I'm not a sinner, I'm not a demon. Just because this is where you belong, doesn't mean I do." I lowered my voice, venom spilling from my mouth. 

        Mr. Tyter moved away from me and picked up a Limone flower and chucked it into the fire place. He and I watched as I desintergrated in the blazing fire. Why did that symbolize me some much? The delicate flower in the pit of fire, Hell, slowly desintergrating if she didn't get out.

          "You." He pointed to Melinda. "Get her ready."

          "Excuse me, he name is Melinda not 'you' and second I'm not going anywhere."

         "Make sure it is something nice. We want her to stand out. After she is the symbolism of Hell." Mr. Tyter ignored me and exited the door after giving Melinda her last order.

          Melinda stared at me and smiled, "Misses, may you come in the bathroom with me?"

         "Who is the king?"

         "Big daddy, misses. You will meet him when you attend the ball."

         "I said, I'm not leaving."



© 2012 April Destinee


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

63 Views
Added on December 27, 2012
Last Updated on December 27, 2012


Author

April Destinee
April Destinee

Brooklyn, NY



About
This is the trailer for "Waiting for forever"--I know it's not the best trailer, but I tried: more..

Writing
Sold Sold

A Book by April Destinee


Preface Preface

A Chapter by April Destinee


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by April Destinee