Chapter 8

Chapter 8

A Chapter by April Destinee

Chapter 8

 "So this is what you do? You drag a girl to Hell to get married to a demon!" I asked, glaring at the intimidating man in front of me. "This is so wrong! You lied to me!"

The devil glides across the room, his eyes not leaving mine. "I lied. And why is that surprising to you?" he raised his black brow.

My frown deepened he was right why am I surprised he lied to me?

"Your mother made a deal with me. And you are to marry Abigar."

"I'm not marrying anyone." I assured him. This guy had to be exceedingly stupid if he expected me to give into him this easily. I mean he stalked me for five years...or more...he should know I'm far from a girl who you could deem as a push over. I mean if you were going to be creepy and stalk a thirteen year old girl at least learn something about her.

"You will marry Abigar if you cherish your mothers' life." He stared down at me, his face as calm as his voice. Any evidence of him bluffing was probably micro because I saw none. His face was just...still.

"Which mother?" I asked narrowing my eyes at him.

The devil let out a thoarty laugh, his broad chest and shoulders moved up and down as he did. "Does it matter which one? I didn't know you had a preference, Char. Which one would you like the woman who sold you or the one who stole you from your ADORING mother and lied to you?" He cocked his eyebrow.

That serpent! He was making a mockery out of my misfortune! My eyelids wrapped around my irises even more and I stared at him til he finished his fit of laughter.

"Well, everyone has favorites, Luce, who do you prefer the one who gave order to annihilate you or the one who did it?" I mimicked his cocked head and rose my eyebrow.

The laughter that was once evident in his eyes dissolved and a flash of anger assembled in them.

"Do not flatter me, Chairty I am not easily flattered. But easily angered."

"But it was an innocent question. You asked me who I preferred and I wanted to know who you perfected." I batted me eyes and smiled. If I kept up this facade he'd leave quicker.

The devil grunted, "And I have an innocent question for you. Would you rather me split Rita in half, make her eat her intestines then run her over with a car or...would you rather me have you split her open and feed her to the hellhounds?"

I glared at the devil. "You--"

"What it was just an innocent question?"

I inhaled deeply and squeezed my eyes shut. I was going to be the flower in re fireplace! I can't become that, I can't stay here for the rest of my life.

...But I couldn't let Rita died. Despite the fact she lied to me, she was the one who wiped my runny noes and shop with me for my prom dress. She was there holding me when I got in a fight with my friends. Deep down I knew I still loved her she is--and will always be--my mother no matter what.

I sighed. "Fine, but under TWO conditions."

The devil chuckled, "Trying to negotiate with me, Charity?"

"I will marry Xavier if I have your word the Phil and Rita will be safe..." He nodded. "And," I continued, "I want to know EVERYTHING about my mother and father and why they gave me up."

Satan paused for a minute then smiled, "Agreed." He held out his hand and took it. My fingers sunk into his spongey skin. I winced, and looked up at his heliotrope eyes, that were transfixed on me; as though he didn't feel my hand sinking into his.

I drew back my hand and looked away. This dude seriously freaked me out. "Before I marry Xavier--"

"Abigar, that is what we call him in Hades."

"I don't care." I snapped. "You have to uphold your end of the stick, first. I want to everything--and I mean EVERYTHING." I instructed and waited for him to answer.

"I'll uphold me end, but will you?" I ignored him and looked over at Melinda who had just let herself in her room. She glanced over at me and froze. She looked around the room frantically, I beckoned her to come closer.

"Master," she bowed and turned to me. The deil disregarded her presence and turned away.

"Make sure she gets enough beauty sleep. We don't like ugly people in Hell." He ordered over his shoulder to Melinda, before leaving. 
That a*****e!" I seethed. I stormed over to the fireplace and flopped down in the chair. Looking up at Melinda I asked, "How can youput up with him?"

                      "I do not, Misses. He ignores demons like us. The classy ones are fallen angels. The even classier ones are fallen archangels. Any trapped sould or human is treated as dirt." She replied quietly and walked over to golden lined cream shelf. I watched for a while as her hands moved skillfully, rearranging the tea cups' like she's done it for years.

                            " You are a trapped soul, Melinda?"

                          Her process suddenly froze; her fingers grazed the lips of the cup, but didn't move. Hurt, regret, and grief flashed across her face. "Yes, ma'am. I am." Her voice trembled, just like her pale hands.

                               "How?" I pressed.

                               "I sold my soul so that my husband would come back alive from the war."

                            I raised an eyebrow. "Husband? How old are you?"

                            "Technically... I'm one hundered twelve. My birthday is in a month. But I was eighteen when I married my husband." She must have seen my astonished expression because she continued, "I was born in year 1899. It was expected to married at age in the year 1917"

                            "Your husband was coming back--I'm guessing--from World Warr II?"

                         She nodded, and her lips caved into her mouth.The glass quickly cover over her sad eyes. "The Americans had just came in. The Germans were losing...I was afraid he was going to die. His best friend, Losy, had already died." Melinda removed her hands away from the shelf and placed herself in the seat across from me. She folded her hands in her lap, but didn't meet my eyes.

                        "I was so overcome with grief; I ate nothing for 2 months. One day a very handsome man came to my house, and told me he would grant me a wish in return of my soul..."--the devil--"And I agreed. He said he'd keep Luca alive as long as he could. If he did and he came back home to me, we'd two years to say our good-byes. I agreed--only because I loved Luca.

                            But he lied. The next day I recieved a letter saying Luca had died. Before I could even put down the letter, my body was dragged to Hell."

                               My mouth dropped into my lap. "Do you know where Luca is now?"

                             "No," Melinda choked. I stood up out my seat and moved over to Melinda, wrapping my arms around her shoulders. Her entire story made me want to break off the deal. I wouldn't have cared as much if it was my soul, but I'm playing sharades with Rita and Phil's lives. This wasn't a joke anymore.What if he was lying? What if he killed Phil and Rita right after I marry Xavier?

                            A lump formed in my thoart, and I looked down at Melinda. "Do you think he would lie to me?"

                         "I do not know, Misses. It is a high chance he will not. You posses more power than any demon has combined with him. You are his prized possession. I don't think he will do anything to anger you."

                            But he already has... I thought. But kept my mouth shut.

                        "All I know is that recidivist demons are not to be trusted. As well as the demonic ones--the ones that have lost hope." Melinda informed me and wiped away her tears. After a while of sitting still she turned to me. "Misses, please don't talk back to the demons. They are dangerous."

                                "I won't swear on anything...but I'll try."

                             "Thank you, Misses." Melinda got up and straightened her dress. "Would you like anything to drink, while a run your bath?"

                                "Oh, no thanks I'm fine. I can 'run' my own bath. Thanks anyways." I shook my head and got off the chair arm.

                                      "Would you like to sleep then, Misses?"

                                   "Yeah. Do you have anything I can change into?" Melinda rose her eyebrows, and let out a little laugh.

                                          "Your mansion closet is filled with those."

                                "Oh, right." I blushed and walked over to the gigantic-waste-of-space closet. I finally found a black spegtatti strap silk night gown and slipped it on.

                                  "Good night, Melly!" I called over my shoulder, and rushed into my bed; suddenly craving my soft bed. I slipped underneath the chillingly welcoming sheets and buried my face into fluffy cloud, underneath my head and sighed. It's been such a long day.



© 2012 April Destinee


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

70 Views
Added on December 27, 2012
Last Updated on December 27, 2012


Author

April Destinee
April Destinee

Brooklyn, NY



About
This is the trailer for "Waiting for forever"--I know it's not the best trailer, but I tried: more..

Writing
Sold Sold

A Book by April Destinee


Preface Preface

A Chapter by April Destinee


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by April Destinee