Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by April Destinee

                                             1

                   Something heavy, moist, and sticky glided up and down my face. I scrunched my face and rolled over on my left side. I muttered Leave me alone. Then shut my eyes tightly. When the constant terror didn’t end I shot open my eyes and eyed my puppy. The fat French bulldog sprawled himself across my flat stomach and closed his eyes. I reached up and scratched behind his ear. His black eyes snapped open with alarm and he whined in protest. Rufus jumped off the bed and jumped onto my computer chair. “It’s about time you woke me up.” I scowled his and swung my feet off my bed. My toes curled in as they hit the cold, hard wood floor.

                  “C’mon, bubba.” I called after Rufus. I heard his paws scratch against the floor as he ran to catch up with me.

I shoved open the bathroom door and Rufus raced in. He hopped on the bathtub and slide down in it I shook my head at him and grabbed my toothbrush.

                   The things that is so wrong with my dog. He’s such a mental midget. After brushing my teeth, I picked Rufus up out the bathtub.

                 “I will bathe you later, because you stink.” I told him and kicked him out the bathroom.

                   He rushed back to get inside, but I shut the door before he could. I locked the door, so he couldn’t magically open the door, and stepped in the bathtub. I threw my clothes off and switched on the hot water. I tried my best to ignore Rufus’ unbroken whining and pawing at the door.

                 Finally, after 15 minutes of irritation, I shut off the water and wrapped my peach towel around me. I opened the door and Rufus looked dup at me with big eyes. He placed his but on the floor and smiled at me. I scowled at him and picked him up.

              “You’re in big troubled, Mister, we just got that door fixed. Yesterday.” He whined and nuzzled my arm. I dropped him on my soft red carpet, by my library and moved to my drawer. For once, he stayed put.

                I switched into my pink t-shirt and black skinny jeans, and then ran down the stairs. Rufus followed me hot on my trail.

               “Good Morning, Charity.” My mom smiled. She was a middle age woman, around her forties.

                 “Good morning, Mommy.” I kissed her cheek and opened the fridge. I scanned the items from: ham to cheese to bread to orange juice and so on. I finally settled for milk and cereal. I pulled the Lucky Charms out the cupboard and heated the milk.

                     “Did your father wake up yet?” My mom asked.

                       “No. I don’t think so at least.” I glanced at the clock above the microwave. “It’s seven-twenty.” I told her.

                     My mother groaned and slapped her forehead.

                   “What’s wrong? Is he going to be late?”

                    “Again. This thing has been stressing him out.”

                   “What thing?” I popped open the microwave and took out my hot milk. I poured the cereal in the bowl and looked at my mom.

                   “Nothing…just some paperwork he has to do.”

                   “Oh. Do you want me to call him?”

                   “No, I’ll do it.” My mother looked down at the floor. “He goes everywhere with you doesn’t he?” She pointed to Rufus he was sitting right beside his bowl. I nodded and pulled his breakfast out from underneath the island cupboard. “You’re joined at the hip.” She laughed and took up Rufus’ water bowl. She filled it with water and placed in back in front of him. 

                        He looked at the water for a second, then moved his attention back to what was in my hand. I poured out his doggy bites and put the rest in the right place. Rufus immediately dove into it.

I got up from my seat and pulled out a ziplock bag. I held my cereal and poured the contents into the bag. My mother crumpled her tan, pointy nose as I zipped the bag.

                     “What?” I asked and picked up my book bag.

                     “Is that what the teens do now days?”

                    “Yup. Everyone does it.” I lied as a car honked outside.

                   “Is that Wren?” My mother asked and moved to kitchen window that overlooked the driveway. She moved the blind aside and peeked out.

                    “Must be.” I walked over and kissed her on her cheek. “Bye, mommy.” I yelled over my shoulder and walked out the door.

                     I made my way down the driveway, where Wren waited for me; leaned against the door of his 1970 Volkswagen Beetle. His golden brown hair shone in the light as looked up at me through his lashes. “Good morning.” He smiled and opened the passenger seat.

                   “Bonmatinmon ami.” I smiled back at him and slipped into the leather seat.

                    He went around the back of the car and slipped in next to me. I threw my book bag into the backseat. Wren started his junk of a car and speed down the highway. I reached over and to turn the dial for the radio but instead the hood moved back.

                   “Ugh. I hate your car.” I muttered as the hood came back down.

                    “Don’t hate on Betsy. You can’t be the only girl in my life.”

                      “I’m not jealous of this junk. This thing is just stupid.

                      “You think that because you don’t know how to use it.” He slapped my hand away and turned the red dial. He gave me one of those see looks then placed his eyeglasses on his nose.

                       “What’s with guys and junk, trashy cars anyway?”

                       “I believe the term is not junk, it’s vintage. And you offend her again and we’ll have to go down.” He warned and turned into the school parking lot.

                     “Oh. I’m sorry, Betsy.” I rolled my eyes and reached over to get Wren’s book bag. He got mine and stepped out the car.

               “Anyway, Betsy’s aunt was used in the Footloose movie. Yeah, respect.”

                I threw my head back and laughed. “Ha-ha. You’re so funny, Wren.”

I wanted to kick his car, but I knew that would crush him. I heaved his book bag on my shoulder and made our way down the hallway.

              “Did you have any thoughts about your birthday yet?”

              “No. My birthday is in 3 days, Wren.”

            “So? Don’t you have birthday fever? I mean come on, you’re turning eighteen years old.”

             “Not so great. That means I’m an adult.”

              “Being an adult is fun, Char.”

              “Not really.”

              “So, I heard that there’s a new teacher in school today.” Wren said just as we got to my locker. Switching the subject, the thing I love most about Wren.

               “From who?”

              “Ryana.”

             “Yeah, she said he the Social Studies.”

              “And how does she know this?” I asked and pulled open my door.

               Wren shrugged his broad shoulders. “I-d-k.”

              I shook my head as Ryana came up behind Wren and wrapped her skinny arms around his waist. She smiled and kissed his cheek. Wren face lit up and turned to her. “Hey, you.” He said and dipped his head.

              I rolled my eyes and walked to the second floor. I turned left and started down the hallway. I stopped in front of a locker decorated with pictures of Chace Crawford.  I leaned against the one beside it and cleared my throat.

            “Well, how are you, missy?” A brunette said and shut her locker.

           “Hi to you, too. Did you hear?”

          “About the new teacher?” Kimberly flipped her pink highlighted hair. “Yeah, whatever. I bet he’s not even hot.” She rolled her hazel eyes.

           “Agreed.”

           “So what subject does he teach anyway music?”

           “No, I think s-s.”

           “Wow, what a loser.” She looped her hand around mine and trudged down the hallway, now filled with kids.

Kim pulled me into our homeroom class and plopped down in a seat. She placed her chocolate colored chin in her hands a stared at me.

             “So did Wren drop you?”

             “Yes…” I gave her a suspicious look. I knew Kimberly had the hots for Wren, but she never talked about him until a boy she’s use to like it brought up. It’s almost like she’s trying to tell us that she’s interested in Wren and not the other guy. My friends can be so strange.

            “Really? Did he talk about?”

            “His car.”

            “Did he talk about a girl?

            I nodded. “Yes, he did.”

            “Who?” She jumped, her eyes lit up like when Wren saw Ryana.

            “Betsy and Ryana.” I said and bit my lip.

              Kimberly’s face fell. I hated to see her like that, but she needed to be crushed by me so she wouldn’t be crushed by Wren afterwards. As everyone could see Wren had the hots for Ryana"maybe a lot more than she has for him"but Kimberly needs to know he’s just not interested. And who else to tell her but me? Right?

           “Who’s Betsy?” She asked ignoring the Ryana part.

           “His stupid car.” I muttered and looked at Ms. Grant as she walked into the room.

              She sat at her desk and pulled her glasses down from her stormy cloud color hair, and onto her nose.  She peeked at the attendance then scanned the classroom. Kimberly sat quiet and still beside me. Probably wondering about Wren.

I checked my binder quickly, then looked over at Kimberly. She looked at me and played with her pink nails.

              “Why do you think he likes her?”

            “I don’t know, Kim…maybe because she’s…his dream girl.” They weren’t many things to some up Ryana, but a*****e and b***h. But why would Wren like her? Knowing Wren, Ryana is nothing like him or what he would actually like in a girl. It made me wonder why he liked her too, but not enough to ask him.

           “What is his dream girl? A selfish, mean, and stupid b***h?” Kimberly muttered to herself. I shook my head and got up right after the bell rang.

          “You’ll find someone someday. Don’t worry.” I reassured her and walked out of homeroom.

            I walked down the hallway now jam-packed with energetic students. I dodged them skillfully and ducked into my first period class. I sat down in my regular seat and pulled out my spiral notebook.

          “Good morning, class.” A man with blonde hair walked in. I arched my eyebrow. That is not my regular teacher.

           “Where’s Mr. Jensen?” Jenna Shaw spoke what was in my mind.

           “He is...out and your principal asked me to sub for him.” The guy spoke smoothly and smiled at Jenna. Jenna blushed and sunk pack into her chair. “So what do you in this class?” He asked and sat down in Mr. Jensen’s chair.

          “We usual talk about math stuff.” A girl chipped in.

           “No we don’t. We usually just talk.” A boy argued.

            The guy chuckled and placed his feet on top of the table. He placed his hands behind his head and sighed, “Okay, I’ll let you talk, but keep it on the down low.” The guy closed his eyes and the chit chat began.

            “I heard he’s the new teacher everyone’s talking about.” Jenna whispered.

           “Really? I didn’t think he’d be that young.” I glanced back at the teacher.

           “Face it, he’s hot!” She whispered and turned her head to the teacher.

             I rolled my eyes, teenage girls. How can they obsess over teacher who are too old for them, anyway? I mean what’s the sense of falling in love with a person you can’t be with. That’s the same thing with celebrities, which is exactly why I don’t any Hollywood crushes. I’m not saying that I don’t think some celebrities are cute or hot"and the teacher here is definitely handsome---but I really don’t find a need to give your heart to someone how won’t take it.

               “He’s looking over here! Charity, look!” Jenna shook my arm. I glared at her and turned to the blonde haired teacher.

              He smirked at me and winked. I narrowed my eyes and looked away. What a perv. Jenna smiled at me and nudged my shoulder slightly. I rolled my eyes at her and tapped my foot against the floor. I glanced at the clock above the teachers’ head, suddenly wanting to get away from this room.

           “Hey, do you think Mr. Jensen’s is going to be gone for long?”

            “Why do you wonder, Jenna? Want to start a relationship with the teacher?” I broached my eyebrows.

              Jenna flushed a little and shook her head, “No. I was more looking for a hook up.”

               “Wow. That is so…”

            “Whorish? I know.” She smiled triumphantly.

 Just then high-pitched bell sounded. I jumped up out my seat, ignoring the lingering stare of the substitute. I turned left at the end of the hall and leaned against a locker.

            “Did you see the new substitute?” Kimberly came from behind the locker.

            “Yes, and he’s a real creeper.”

            “Really? I heard he’s hot.”

            “He is, but he winked at me. Total creep.

            Kim snickered and shut her locker. “Do you think you’ll ever be attracted to anyone?” I shook my head. “Well, he obviously finds you attractive, have a fling.”

            “And I wonder why Wren doesn’t find you the right match for him?”

            “If you’re saying I’m just like Ryana, then… thank you, babe.” Kim smiled devilishly and flicked her hair.

            “Welcome.” I called after her as she rushed down the hall. I turned around and smacked right into someone. I stepped back and looked up.

            A tall really good-looking guy peered down at me. He smirked at me and whipped his black hair out his green eyes. My heart stopped as the Greek god stood over me. Jesus, he was nothing like any other guy I’ve seen. His black suit fitted to his rip body, making my statement about him being a Greek god, too low of a statement.

            Say something, I urged myself. My mouth finally coordinated with my brain and moved but nothing came out.

            The guy chuckled and opened his mouth, “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to bump you.”

            Nothing came out. I bit my lip and looked away. Great, now you look stupid.

            “Well, I guess I should go.” He looked at me one last time, and then walked around me. I breathed out and relaxed. God how more stupid can you be, Charity?

            I sighed and stomped to my next period class. I walked in and took my seat grudgingly, not even looking at Wren. He flew a paper at me, but I didn’t flinch. I was going to beat up myself inwardly until I finally got over the whole entire mystery guy thing. For the rest of the four periods I had, I stood completely distracted. That guy in the hallway clouding my brain.

            Oh my God. Someone please tell me I’m not love struck.



© 2012 April Destinee


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Write more! You have me hooked :)

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

82 Views
1 Review
Added on June 15, 2012
Last Updated on June 15, 2012


Author

April Destinee
April Destinee

Brooklyn, NY



About
This is the trailer for "Waiting for forever"--I know it's not the best trailer, but I tried: more..

Writing
Sold Sold

A Book by April Destinee


Preface Preface

A Chapter by April Destinee


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by April Destinee