Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by April Destinee

                 2

   I snapped my eyes shut and breathed in. “What are you doing?” Someone waved an object in my face. “I’m meditating.” I said in a duh tone.

“Why?” Wren asked.

I opened my eyes slowly and glared at Wren, “Because I need to think.”

“Well, think when you’re eating hurry up, I’m hungry.” He pulled at my hand and hauled me up. I slung my arm over his shoulder and he did the same.

“Did you see that new�"”

“Sub? Yes, I did.” I groaned. “Why is everyone obsessing over him?”

“I heard he has the sexiest black hair.”

“Black hair?” I asked as Wren pushed open the lunchroom door.

“Yeah. What else here would he have?”

“ Well, I don’t know, maybe  blonde?”

            “All I know is that they have some sub with black hair.” He said and stopped in front of Kimberly. “What’s up, Kimbo?”

            Kimberly looked at Wren then to me. Her eyes widened and her eyebrow shot up in the air. “Hi, Wren. I need to speak to Charity, alone.

            “Okie, dokie. See you later, Char.” Wren took his arm off my shoulder and backed away.

“I don’t get how you like him and yet you’re so rude to him.” I whispered as Wren was out of earshot.

“The key of gaining a guys’ affection is to act like a b***h, duh.” Kim rolled her eyes and sat at a vacant table. “Anyway, I was wrong. They are two subs and they are both hot.

“Enough about the subs. How was your day, Kimberly?” I asked trying to distract her. Kimberly buckled her lips and taped her finger against the table. Her hazel eyes looked at me with dullness. After 20 seconds of a staring contest I sighed. “It’s about the sub isn’t it?” Kim nodded. I know I’m going to regret this. “Shoot me.”

Kim jumped, her whole face filled with excitement. She grabbed my arm, “Okay so I was in English when this guy with an awesome body and a sexy face came in and asked Ms. P for a stapler.  He was so perfect he almost made me want to dump my affection for Wren.” I raised an eyebrow. Kimberly put a finger, “I said almost, Chickie. Don’t jump your cheese. Anyway,” She glanced over my shoulder. “I came up with an idea! Why not have a birthday party with smexy male models?” She shrieked.

I knew I was going to regret this. First, she brings up my birthday and then, she comes up with the stupidest idea.

“We are not having naked models at my party. Matter-of-fact, I don’t even want a party. I just want a gathering with my parents.”

“C’mon, Char. Your folks are boring.” Kim protested.

I shook my head, “Too bad. I love my folks and I want to spend the worst day of my life with them.”

“This is not the worst day of your life! When you get married it is! When you’re turning eighteen you’re finally free!”�"and no longer supposed to be held by your mother�"“and when you’re married you stuck, forever, with the same exact friggin’ person.” Kim droned.

“What’s going on here?” I heard Wren’s voice behind me.

“Nothing.” Kim said quickly.

“Doesn’t look like nothing. What happened?”

“I said nothing, now move it clucky.” She ordered and glared at Wren.

Wren ignored her and sat down beside me. “What’s wrong, Charity?”

“Nothing. I just told her I don’t want male models at my birthday party.” I shrugged.

Wren’s face lit up. “You’re having male models are your party?”�"no I just said I’m not�"“So that means we could have female models, too, right?”

“You already have a girlfriend, you, w***e!” Kimberly yelled and threw a pencil at him.

“That’s beside the point. I am not having anyone models at my ‘party’. I’m having my mother and father and you guys. That’s it.” I said sternly and looked at the two idiots of the world.

“Okay, fine, but when you wish a hot guy would whine on you don’t look at me.” Kimberly crossed her hands over her chest and pushed out her bottom lip.

“Why does she need a male model when she’s got me?” Wren smirked and wiggled his eyebrows at me.

I smacked him on the arm and said, “Look your girlfriend is over there. Go and whine on her, dummie.”

Wren pouted. “You don’t love me?”

“No, I don’t. Now, leave.” I lightly shoved him off the seat and turned to Kim. Her eyes followed Wren as he got up and walked over to Ryana. When he was out of sight she finally turned to look at me.

“I don’t get what he even sees in her.”

“Maybe, she not mean to him.”

“I’m nice to him.” She objected.

“What? You just called him Clucky!

Kimberly wrinkled her nose and leaned back in her seat.

For the rest of our lunch period we stood on the topic of Kimberly’s brothers’ new girlfriend and off my birthday and the subs. I hadn’t told Kim about my encounter with that green eyed guy, but he still haunted me in the back of my mind. He had to be new here; I’ve never seen him around here anyway. When it was finally time to leave I got up and walked to the second floor.

            I took my seat in the classroom and waited for the rest to file in. I stared at the back of the teachers head as he wrote his name on the board with nice script. He turned around, probably sensing someone watching him, and smiled.

            Someone put a gun to my head and shoot me! This couldn’t be happening. I closed my eyes and then opened them back up. He was still there. I’ve seen this guy before. From where? I don’t know. But I’m certain I’ve seen him. “Do I know you?” I blurted out without thinking.

            “I do not know. I don’t think so.”

            “I’ve seen you before.” I squinted at him.

            “Well, I’ve never seen you before.” He said and turned back around.

            I sighed. Why do I have to make myself? I slumped back in my seat and blocked out the class the rest of the period. I know I’ve seen that guy before.

The class trailed in and the teacher turned to face everyone. I kept my eyes on my desk. “Hello, my name is Mr. Clove. You’re social studies teacher went into labor and I’m her to fill in.”

“Wow what a lump.” Wren muttered beside me.

“What?” I looked up at him. Wren nodded to the front of the room. My eyes moved to the front of my head and just as the landed on the figure my eyes dropped out my face. I sighed frustratingly. This is going to be a tough day.

“And you are, son?” Mr. Clove asked the boy I saw in the hallway.

“Xavier Throne.” He handed him a paper. “I’m new here.” He explained. Mr. Clove nodded and gestured for him to take a seat.

I held my breath as Xavier trailed down the aisle as all the eyes in the classroom followed him. He took the seat beside me and glanced around. He flashed a couple of smiles around, then his gaze landed on me. I blinked and looked away.

What a cocky arse.

“I’ve never seen him before.” Wren muttered and leaned closer to me.

“Neither did I.” I lied.

“Huh, Ryanas’ friends have been obsessing over him.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, he’s now Mr. Cool guy.” He rolled his eyes and cracked his knuckles. 

“You’re not going to beat him are you?”

“If he messes with you or my girlfriend, maybe.”

“Don’t break a jaw.” Was all I could say.

When class finally ended I rushed out the room with my down to embarrassed to look at anyone. Wren rushed up behind me and his arm rested on its usual place.

“Am I driving you home?”

“No, Kim is.”

“Okay, I’ll talk to you later.” He kissed me on the cheek and rushed down the hall. I stepped out into the parking lot. The blue skies had been replaced with dark grey and heavy clouds. Kim waved me over by her red convertible.

I rushed over and got inside. “No birthday talk.” I told her before she could open her mouth. She nodded and pulled out of the parking lot.

“Can I talk about the subs?’’

“No. I just made a fool of myself I’m not in the mood to talk about subs.”

“What happen?” She asked and sped up once off the highway.

“I swear, I’ve seen Mr. Clove somewhere. I just don’t know where.” I scrunched my eyebrows together.

“Don’t do that. You look constipated.”

I unknotted my eyebrows and looked out the window.

“So, where did you see this guy?”

“I don’t know. But he claims he’s never met me, but I remember seeing him somewhere.”

“Well don’t fret about that, your birthday is in four days. We need a new out�"”

“No, we don’t.” I interrupted her as she pulled into my garage. “I’m fine the way I am.” I stepped out the car and shut the door behind me. “See you tomorrow.” I called over my shoulder. Kim honked and backed out the garage.

I walked up my stone steps and pushed open the door. I slipped off my shoes and placed my keys on the counter. As I climbed the stairs I could hear low mummers. I knocked on the door of my dad office. The mumbling became more frantic, then it silenced.

“Come in.” My dad said. I pushed opened the door and peeked in. “Hi, honey.” He smiled. “How was school?” I stepped further into the room and looked at my mom.

“Great. Wren and Kim are fretting about my birthday.”

“Its’ a big day for you.”

“No, not really. That means I’m no longer your baby.”

My mother laughed and pulled me into her arms. “You’ll always be my baby, no matter what.” She stroked my hair.

“So what are you guys doing in here?”

“Some work.” My father answered quickly and shuffled the papers on his desk.

“Another one of those cases?” I peeked over his shoulder.

“Yes,” he cleared his throat. “Rita, is dinner ready?”

“It is. C’mon.” My mom pulled both me and my father out the room. We walked down the stairs and into the kitchen.

“I made chicken and macaroni. Is that okay with you?”

We nodded and I reached for the plates from the cupboard. I placed three of them on the table in the dining room then placed Rufus’ bowls on the floor.  I went back into the kitchen and took out the doggie food. I took out a water bottle and went back into the dining room. My mother followed quickly after. She spilled the macaroni and chicken onto out placed and set the table with cups.

I poured the water into Rufus’ bowl and whistled.

“I always hated when you did that.” My mother looked at me.

“But it always works.” I beamed as Rufus came darting down the stairs. He stopped in front of me and looked at his doggie bits. I poured them into his red bowl. Rufus dropped his head into the bowl and began eating.

“You’re such a fat dog.” I muttered and shook my head.

My father walked in and we all sat at the table. We joined our hands together and prayed silently. After that we lifted out heads and began to eat. When our silent, tense diner finished I walked up to my room with Rufus and began my homework. Around nine-thirty I finally finished all my work and climbed into my bed.

The hush voices of my parents traveled to my room. I could make out what they were saying, but I could hear the soft cry of my mother. I closed my eyes and rolled over. As the cries grew louder I covered my ears with my second pillow and fell into a miserable sleep.



© 2012 April Destinee


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

82 Views
Added on July 2, 2012
Last Updated on July 2, 2012


Author

April Destinee
April Destinee

Brooklyn, NY



About
This is the trailer for "Waiting for forever"--I know it's not the best trailer, but I tried: more..

Writing
Sold Sold

A Book by April Destinee


Preface Preface

A Chapter by April Destinee


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by April Destinee