Chapter Three

Chapter Three

A Chapter by ArebiIsNotOnFire

I jolted up in bed. I rubbed at my eyes and grabbed my phone. Sunday, April 27th, 3:47 AM. I laid my head back on my pillow.
Why am I awake? One of the best dreams I've had in awhile, and I'm startled awake.
Yes, I'll admit it. Brendan isn't exactly bad looking. In fact, he's gorgeous. You don't find many green-eyed, brown haired guys around these parts.
I fell back asleep, and my dream resumed in new surroundings.
I was running through the woods again. It was dark except for the moonlight gleaming in between the leaves of the trees.
"Angel!" Brendan's scream echoed through my mind.
I raced faster to his voice, and soon "Angel!" was nothing but a faint whisper bouncing in the back of my head.
I came upon a grove, filled with dead pieces of nature. Brown leaves and decayed flowers cluttered the yellowed grass. I looked up to see Brendan clutched in a headlock by a shadowy figure.
"Ange-" Brendan got out before the figure pulled his head back and snapped it clean off.
"Brendan !" I screamed.
I sat up again. I was shaking and breathing heavily. My door creaked open, and startled green eyes peered around the door frame.
Brendan stepped into my room. "What happened? Are you okay?" he asked, alarmed.
I stuttered out a few words before I burst into tears. Brendan rushed over to me, sat on my bed and cradled me in his arms.
"Shh.. it's okay. It was only a dream.." he said quietly.
I covered my face with my hands. "But it was just so real.."
"It wasn't. I promise, angel."
I started bawling again. He continued to whisper calming things into my ear until my sobbing subsided.
I woke up later that morning cuddled into Brendan's warm torso. His arms were around me the same way they were last night. I sighed and leaned my head against his chest. I listened to his strong heartbeat.
He shifted and leaned his head down
"Good morning.." his whispered softly into my ear. He stroked my hair gently and held me close.
Sometimes it really feels like we are a couple. He protects me, and I care for him more than anyone else. We're meant to be together, but we just aren't.
"No more bad dreams?" he asked.
"No more bad dreams."
"Good." He smiled at me. "Now go on, you need a shower,"  he declared.
Way to ruin the moment. I sighed and got off my bed. I jumped down the stairs and slid into the bathroom.
I took a good look at myself in the mirror. My hair was tied back in ratty knots. My eyes were red, accessorized with deep bags underneath.
I turned on the warm water for the shower and grabbed a brush. I pulled the brush through my hair until it fell straight in greasy looking sheets. 
I shed my clothes and stepped into the warm water.
I always enjoyed showers. It gives me privacy and time to think.
What the absolute hell is wrong with me?!


© 2013 ArebiIsNotOnFire


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
Added on February 26, 2013
Last Updated on February 27, 2013
Tags: fantasy, guardian, angel, guardian angel, arebiisnotonfire, fiction, arebi


Author

ArebiIsNotOnFire
ArebiIsNotOnFire

Lansing, IL



About
Hiya. My name is Rebecca, and I just really needed somewhere to put all my ideas and writings. I'm more inclined to write after receiving reviews. They usually make me feel happy. I'm horrible a.. more..

Writing