Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Elliara
"

Marilira is created ...

"

 

Lady Aelaedil stared at the image of a dark and foreboding cave in front of her. Her stomach churned as nervousness settled in her body. As Goddess of Life and Light, it was her duty to create new fates that will eventually inhabit the spirits of people waiting to be reborn. It was a tiring job, but yet she always felt happy to watch her new creation settle with the mortals. Though, today she did not feel happy. Along with the nervousness, a sense of dread and perhaps a touch of failure nagged at her thoughts. Today, hopefully, would be the last of meetings called to decide the Faithful One, the Chosen One, of that blasted prophesy that had yet to be fulfilled. The same prophesy that was made the day she became Goddess.

 

The mortal world was in grave danger. Through the rise and fall of all the races that had inhabited the world, only a handful remained. A war was brewing on the outskirts and was slowing penetrating into the peaceful world. Five thousand years of searching for the one that will end that brewing war, and none succeeded. They have either failed miserably, or died a painful death. Hopefully, today will be the day, someone will be created.

 

Standing from her place amidst a field of flowers, she raised her head to the heavens letting her blonde-white hair flow behind her as a cold wind stung her skin and whipped her hair behind her. The cold wind swirled around her and lifted her violently off the ground, obscuring her vision and turning her body form into liquid gold, before being whisked away into the evening air.

 

A minute later, she gracefully landed in that dark and foreboding cave in her respected spot at the head of the table. Sighing, Lady Aelaedil reached her hand out, and let a small ball of light form in her palm, and she whispered the words, "Venio Universitas". The cave shuddered and groaned to life as three liquid forms came rushing into their own respective places at the table.

    

First to return to solid form was Lord Fillius, God of Harmony. He had a wiry build to him and a green aura surrounding his figure. A sense of peace always followed him leaving or entering a room. Aelaedil gave him a small smile as he nodded back to her in greeting. Next came, Lord Behdam, God of War. Having a strong and large build, he gave a commanding presence and always carried a sword with him. His aura was radiating a bright crimson red. Lastly, Lady Adrin, Goddess of Love came into view. Her dainty and small build, gave her the essence of a flower beginning to bloom. She carried around a flower, which resembled a heart. Her aura gave off a light pink. Aelaedil greeted both with another small smile.

 

Clearing her throat, Aelaedil stated in a melodic voice, "Greetings, Divinities. As you all know, this meeting is being called to once again discuss the fate of another to hopefully fulfill the title of Faithful One. Again, our previous attempts have failed, but I hope this will be the last meeting called on this. Any ideas?"

 

Aelaedil gazed at her companions and then looked around the cave. As it was created long ago, the same it stayed. Dangling from the ceiling were millions of tiny globes, each filled with one star. Each globe gave off a brilliant shining light, which lit the cave up. Made of craggy stone, the cave looked as if someone chiseled it, and then hung the globes all around. Aelaedil returned her gaze back to the other Divinities and patiently awaited someone to speak.

 

A deep rumble arose from Lord Behdam, "Lady Aelaedil, if I may speak?"

 

Nodding her head, Behdam continued, "It seems to me that we need a new course of action to fulfill this prophesy. Perhaps instead of choosing someone that already had potential, perhaps choose someone who has no potential and needs to arise to challenge."

 

"I agree with Lord Behdam," whispered Lady Adrin. "It seems terrible of us to choose someone of higher value when they could do something else with their life. We should choose someone of a lesser caliber."

 

Lady Aelaedil raised an arched eyebrow. Perhaps they had a point, and their course of action needed a new route. Nodding slowly, she turned to Lord Fillius, who had not spoken yet and asked, "Lord Fillius, your opinion on this?"

 

Lady Aelaedil watched as Lord Fillius gave her a wary gaze and said in an even tone, “The harmony of the world is tethering on a precarious balance. Another wrong move on our part, could send this war full scale into the elven kingdoms. The Dwarves are trying to keep peace among their own tribes. The prophesy is sending leaders to their own suicides. Whomever we decide tonight, might be our last chance to install peace in mortal world.”

 

A deafening silence invaded the space between each Divine. His words struck a nerve and the tension in the room grew. Lady Aelaedil turned to each of her companions once more and said in a firm voice, “Lord Fillius is not wrong. The mortal world is falling apart, and we need to make this decision in unison. If I may add, there is one name here that seems to radiate potential, but I will allow each of you to choose someone.”

 

Lady Adrin spoke first, “Lissira.” A tiny globe with a small star inside whizzed through the air and landed gently in front of Lady Adrin.

 

Lord Behdam called out next, “Phineas.” Again, a tiny globe with a small star sailed and landed in front of the God of War.

 

Lord Fillius, in a sound voice said, “Illossa.” A globe with a star settled in front of the god and hummed with a certain power.

 

Lastly, Lady Aelaedil said quietly, “Marilira.” A globe floated downwards and alight itself on the table.

 

All four Divinities placed their hands on their globe, and with their own powers combined watched each of their globes, once again rise into the air and gather at the center of the table. Each globed morphed into one big globe, and all four stars floated inside, letting off either a soft or a brilliant glow.

 

Together, the Divinities watched with bated breath to see who would be chosen. Lady Aelaedil had her hands clutched beneath the stone table, visible worry written on her brow.  The globe pulsated in the air, until it shattered, spilling the four stars on the table. As all four stars hit the table, only one remained in the air; Marilira.

 

A collective sigh of relief flooded Aelaedil’s body and the rest of the gods and goddess. Marilira’s star hung with a humming power. It reverberated in the cave, glowing brighter by the minute. Lady Aelaedil stood up, and summoned the star toward her. The star stopped inches away from the goddess, and before weaving the star its new body to inhabit, she asked, “Are we all in accordance with this decision?”

 

A unanimous yes resounded in the cave, and Lady Aelaedil spoke once more, “By the Powers that we have, this star, which holds the soul of a young girl named Marilira, prove to be Faithful One and Chosen One. May her life be blessed with accomplishments that will help the ruling powers of the world see reason once again. May she discover her truest desires and cherish her life always.”

 

With a long, slender finger, Lady Aelaedil touched the very center of the star. It began to twist and writhe, losing its brilliant glow, and turning into a gray spirit of Marilira.  With a wave of her hand, the spirit glided to the center of the table and writhed into a tangible form, floating as if asleep and not aware of her surroundings.

 

“Rise, Divinities, our birth is to begin. Give her each one blessing that will help her on her journey of life.”

 

Lady Adrin went first, and in a solemn, loving tone, “I give her the gift of love. May she use it wisely and proclaim it  on those that are most worthy of it.” She touched the spirit, and watched it glow momentarily before returning to normal.

 

“I give her the gift of reason. May she use it to guide her path to that of right and not of wrong,” Lord Bedham thundered as he touched the spirit also.

 

“I give her the gift of peace. May she use it to calm those with destruction in their hearts,” a calm, Lord Fillius stated and placed his hand on the spirit.

 

“I give her the gift of happiness. May she use it to uplift her life in these troubling times,” Lady Aelaedil spoke softly and touched the floating spirit. The spirit glowed brightly again  and settled near the Goddess of Light.

 

“May we shine forth with our new creation. Good luck, Marilira. May you always find our light.” With that, the goddess created a blue portal between her palms, shifting and weaving it to its final destination. The portal grew in size and images of the Kingdom of Nys’ril flashed in and out of focus within the portal.

 

Lord Fillius guided the spirit of Marilira toward the portal and whispered, “Et cum spiritus, Vigeo!”

 

The spirit wisped into the portal, her body now coming to life as her body formed in the portal.  Her features developed into a healthy, young elven girl. Her body pulsed with power as she sailed silently through the portal toward her new life in Nys’ril. The portal closed up immediately, and each Divinity in turn looked at each other.

 

“Our work here is done; it is now up to Raegir to live up this his end of the deal. Come; let us celebrate for our time for happiness is short.” Lady Aelaedil stated in a happy voice.

 

Nodding, all four Divinities rose into the air and turned into their liquid form before disappearing into thin air.



© 2011 Elliara


Author's Note

Elliara
is this a good start? or should this be added later on, and start with action?
does it grab your attention? grammer, dialogue, imagery...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like this opening! It is full of whimsy. The names of people and places are really creative as well.

1) I noticed that in the second paragraph there may be a typo:
It reads: "...but caused a pain to shot down her spin. "- did you mean "spine"?

2) I do think adding the indents will make it much easier to read.

3) There are some coma errors. I'll come back and try find those again for you. I'm going to read on for now :)

I can't wait to read what comes next! This seems fun :)

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I like this opening! It is full of whimsy. The names of people and places are really creative as well.

1) I noticed that in the second paragraph there may be a typo:
It reads: "...but caused a pain to shot down her spin. "- did you mean "spine"?

2) I do think adding the indents will make it much easier to read.

3) There are some coma errors. I'll come back and try find those again for you. I'm going to read on for now :)

I can't wait to read what comes next! This seems fun :)

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

WOW.... That is really good. It has really good description! I love it!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


Okay. I have one or two pointers, and much praise!

Pointers:
1) Indent, indent, indent! Indented paragraphs are important, and look more orderly.
2) The quotes and sentences are somewhat jumbled. Distinctly separating the quotes from sentences really helps the book`s flow.

Praise:
1) Fascinating story: grabs the reader.
2) Cool words! Sophisticated and simple to understand.

Overall, awesome!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh my! Wonderful word choice, and a long paragraph. I like the idea of a field of flowers.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

399 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 11, 2010
Last Updated on January 10, 2011
Tags: fantasy
Previous Versions


Author

Elliara
Elliara

About
20 years old, and a senior in college. I love to write fanfiction and this is my first attempt at writing a fantasy novel. Writing keeps me occupied, but its what I do on the side. more..

Writing
{1} Reality Hurts {1} Reality Hurts

A Chapter by Elliara


{2} The Letter {2} The Letter

A Chapter by Elliara


{3} The Job {3} The Job

A Chapter by Elliara