{1} Reality Hurts

{1} Reality Hurts

A Chapter by Elliara
"

Hermione comes to terms with her relationship with Ron

"

"Ron! Don't be so tactless!" Hermione scolded her husband, as she heard him chastise Harry in choosing Luna as his new girlfriend. They were sitting in the Three Broomsticks for a few butterbeers to catch up on old times. Married life for Ron and Hermione was hectic and needed a chance to relax. They invited 

Harry and Luna to join them with their kids.


Harry and Ginny had a perfect marriage until he found out that Ginny was a lesbian and was having affair with Lavender Brown. Harry immediately filed for divorce and one year later had complete custody of their three kids, and was now dating the famous Luna Lovegood.


After his divorce from Ginny, Harry was feeling quite lonely and decided that it was time to rejoin the dating world with the encouragement of Albus, James, and Lily. So far, all three kids liked Luna for she made time for each of them, unlike their mother, who favored Lily above the two boys.


Hermione smiled kindly at Harry. She was very impressed with his fortitude during the divorce. She didn't take kindly to the situation Ginny put Harry in. In the end, it seemed to have worked out perfectly. Here was Luna who treated Harry like he was the best person in the world. It warmed Hermione's heart to see her best friend happy again. She wished Ron warmed her heart again. Since Rose was born, Ron was always cold toward her. He was never home anymore. When he was home, he was always spending time with Hugo and Rose. He didn't recognize her anymore. They didn't even share the same bed anymore. Their love had somehow died and Hermione had no idea how to turn it around.


Hermione wistfully drifted from the present conversation to the day she first met Ron. He was an idiot but it made her proud on how he tried his best in everything.


Flashback

"Have you seen a toad? A boy named Neville lost his." Hermione said in a matter-of-fact voice. She stared coldly at the two boys. Noticing the redhead wielding his wand in his right hand, she asked, "Oh? Are you doing magic? I've done a few spells and they all worked for me. Well, let's see then."


The redhead stared at her, bewilderment in his eyes, disgust written on his face. He shrugged his shoulders and cleared his throat. "Sunshine, daisies, butter mellow. Turn this stupid fat rat yellow!" The spell backfired and knocked the Bertie Botts box onto the floor.


"Are you sure that's a real spell? Well, it's not very good … Jimmy Crickets, YOUR Harry Potter! I read about you in Hogwarts, A History. Your glasses, allow me. Occulus Reparo!" Her spell worked, fixing the young Harry Potter's glasses.


"That's better isn't it … Im Hermione Granger." She looked at the redhead and asked, "And you are … ?"


With a mouth full of food, he somehow managed to say, "Ron Weasley."


"A pleasure." Hermione answered with disdain. She stood up to leave but quickly turned around and said to Ron, "By the way, you've got dirt on your nose." With that said, she stalked down the hallway.


End of Flashback


"Hermione! Hermione!" yelled Ron at her, bringing her out of her daydream. She sighed painfully, and smiled half-heartedly at Ron. Her heart ached for him but their connection was finished. She nodded politely at Harry and Luna, before she followed Ron back to their place. It was late and they needed to get their kids from Mr. and Mrs. Weasely. Ron and Hermione said goodbye to Harry, Luna and the kids and walked out of the Three Broomsticks to apparate back to the Burrow.


Hermione didn't notice that a certain blonde sat in the back of the pub, watching her with intent eyes. He paid for his drink and left, a plan forming in his mind to get her attention.



© 2010 Elliara


Author's Note

Elliara
this was a spur of the moment story and turned into a full blown story.
rate and review please. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh my! I love it!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

236 Views
1 Review
Added on November 11, 2010
Last Updated on November 11, 2010
Tags: harry potter, fantasy


Author

Elliara
Elliara

About
20 years old, and a senior in college. I love to write fanfiction and this is my first attempt at writing a fantasy novel. Writing keeps me occupied, but its what I do on the side. more..

Writing
{2} The Letter {2} The Letter

A Chapter by Elliara


{3} The Job {3} The Job

A Chapter by Elliara


{4} Playing Dirty {4} Playing Dirty

A Chapter by Elliara