{13} Confusion

{13} Confusion

A Chapter by Elliara

"I..." Hermione managed to squeak out in utter nervousness. She was in shock. She was not expecting this on her first date. It was a very uncomfortable situation. She pulled suddenly out of Draco's arms, and stumbled blindly back to their table. She stared blankly ahead, holding an unnerving nervousness, and a sudden anger arose in her. She was disgusted with being as taken with him.


Draco stared brokenhearted and quite sadly at Hermione. He didn't know what had gotten into him. He blurted out the one thing that kept him sane for all these years. He watched her stumble to their table; he could see the anger and obvious but not quite sure why, hurt in her eyes. His daily fantasy of this just crashed into pieces in front of him.


He tentatively sauntered over, taking his seat across from the witch, not daring to make any eye contact. None of them spoke for a very long time, until Draco said in a small voice, "Hermione, I..."


Hermione silenced him with a death glare. She didn't want to hear it. She was scared and didn't want to admit it.


Finally, she decided to speak in a loud and stern voice, "Draco, what do you think you are trying to accomplish?"


Draco stared intensely at Hermione. He couldn't believe it! Here he was, basically spilling his heart out, the best day of his life, and she was chastising him for it. A small hint of anger started to brew in him.


"Accomplish? Geez, Hermione, I tell you I think I'm falling in love with you, and you think its a bad thing. After all I said in those letters, after I helped you find out that the b*****d of a weasel is cheating on you. You have the nerve to ask what I AM TRYING TO ACCOMPISH!" He was yelling at the end, his anger boiling over.


Hermione shrunk back in her chair, frightened. She knew she went too far, but she was scared. She had seen Draco angry, but not really at her. During school, it was always toward Harry. She just didn't want to admit her feelings for him, and really didn't know how to respond.


She opened her mouth to say something but couldn't bring herself to do it. She stood up hurriedly and said quickly to him, "You don't say 'I love you' on the first date. I just need some time to process this. Goodbye, Draco."

With that note, she stalked away from him, disapperating on the spot to her lonely flat. Harry and Luna were curled up on the couch sleeping. They had more than happily agreed to watch the kids tonight. She watched them for a minute or two, smiled and stomped into the kitchen, the night's evens turning sourly in her mind. She made a cup of coffee and leaned back against the counter. She didn't understand. It took Ron seven years to say those there words, and then another eight long years to propose. It was nerve wracking to say the least.


Sighing frustratedly, she saw Luna coming into the kitchen and take a seat. Hermione poured another cup just for her and sad down. Luna could see the hurt and frustration in her eyes. She smiled gently at Hermione and softly asked, "How did you date go?"


"Okay." Hermione stated quietly.


Luna frowned. It wasn't like Hermione to not give more than a word.


"What happened? You were all excited this past week about it."


"Oh, Luna! Everything was going perfect, until...until …" Hermione broke down sobbing.


Alarmed now, Luna squeezed her tightly and asked again, "What happened?"

Hermione willed herself to stop sobbing. Calming down a bit, she began to recount her night with Draco. When she reached the part where he said those 3 words she started to cry again.


Luna was confused. She thought Hermione would have wanted Draco to say that to her. The way she was dreamy around him, talking about him constantly Soothing Hermione, Luna did her best to comfort Hermione.

Once Hermione calmed down, she started to say in a hushed voice, "I don't know, Luna. I was all too sudden and I felt trapped. Like I had to say something. My feelings for him sort of came unexpected and here he is telling me he thinks he's in love with me? I didn't know what to do, so I ran out!" Hermione started crying again.


Luna nodded thoughtfully. She could see Hermione's reluctance. Hermione was used to Ron's patience and stupidity and with recent events she couldn't blame her reaction.


Sighing a bit frustratedly, Luna said quietly to a sobbing Hermione, "Maybe you should write a letter to Draco explaining your behavior? If I may be honest, Hermione, but you were kind of mean to Draco."


Hermione looked at Luna with tear-stained face, and her heart wretched at that sudden realization. That wasn't her; that was someone else. She would not have the patience to do that to Draco. After all, he did help her as an act of kindness. Nodding toward Luna, she hurriedly wiped her tears away, grabbed a spare piece of parchment and began to write.



© 2010 Elliara


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

184 Views
Added on November 11, 2010
Last Updated on November 11, 2010


Author

Elliara
Elliara

About
20 years old, and a senior in college. I love to write fanfiction and this is my first attempt at writing a fantasy novel. Writing keeps me occupied, but its what I do on the side. more..

Writing
{1} Reality Hurts {1} Reality Hurts

A Chapter by Elliara


{2} The Letter {2} The Letter

A Chapter by Elliara


{3} The Job {3} The Job

A Chapter by Elliara