{17} Murder and Redemption

{17} Murder and Redemption

A Chapter by Elliara
"

ron gets a little crazy, and hermione goes through with her divorce

"

The wrinkled wizard pondered the situation. It was not tricky nor was it a question of deceit and lies. He just didn't know how well it would hold up. The young couple sitting in front of him were distraught but determined to get their way by any means. He sat there contemplating his pros and cons. His fingers tapped on the desk as his mind rolled over all the flaws and kinks in the proposal. He gazed solemnly at the couple and asked, "Is this what you really want?"


The man exchanged a knowing glance at the woman sitting next to him and carefully replied, "She pissed me off, now she will get what she deserves. The mudblood and the pureblood have no chance together and I want to squash any small thing that has happened between them. She wants a divorce, fine, but she will not be granted one. The bloody MUDBLOOD DESERVES TO DIE!"


The man pounded a fist on the table making the wrinkled wizard jump back in surprise. Sweating now, he took a ragged handkerchief from his front pocket and wiped his forehead. The woman next to the man looked alarmed, but satisfied at his request. The man calmed down and sat down with a grim expression on his face.


"V-Very well, then. I-If that is your request. I shall begin immediately." The man stuttered out the answer, thinking he had just signed his soul to the devil. The couple nodded in agreement and handed the man 50,000 galleons. Greed struck the man and he smiled slightly. Clearing his throat he continued saying to them, "You shall receive both heads as soon as the deed is done. Be warned though, do not expect immediate results. I take pride in my men doing a good job."


Nodding exuberantly, the couple began to take their leave. As they reached the door, the wrinkled wizard said, "Pleasure doing business with you, Mr. Weasely and Ms. Parkinson."




Hermione Granger sat nervously in the Magical Separation Department at the Ministry. She knew it had to be done, her heart told her to move on, and yet she still found some guilt in what she was doing.


Draco sat next to her, trying to calm her. When the witch called out for both their names, Hermione jumped unexpectedly, knocking over a Devil's Snare pot. She quickly repaired it, and followed the witch with Draco right behind her, wringing her hands in anxiousness. They sat down in a quaint office. The wizard, Ythrin, whom they were assigned was of middle age, but looked much older. He read over the material and the request of the young witch sitting in front of him. The wizard next to her was holding her hand, trying to comfort her.


Tiredly, Ythrin took off his glasses and wiped them with a handkerchief slowly before asking, "Mrs. Weasely. May I ask why you are pursing this course of action after 10 years of marriage and two kids?"


Hermione sadly gazed at Ythrin and answered meekly, "My husband has not been there for me nor shown me any compassion in five years. I also have reason to believe that he is cheating on me."


"I see. Do you have any evidence supporting this claim?"


"Yes, I have a witness." Hermione turned to Draco and nodded toward him.


Clearing his throat, Draco said, "I saw Mr. Weasely enter a female's house, and stay there. She was not of relation to Mr. Weasely."

Nodding slowly, Ythrin made note in his folder before continuing his questions. For half an hour, Ythrin questioned Hermione and Draco on the status of their relationship, on her relationship with Ron, and of Draco's past relationships. After painful answers, Ythrin decided to take on being 

Hermione's representative and guide her in her separation from Ron. He encouraged her to start finding her own place and moving her kids, for she was requesting custody of her children also. When Hermione told him that it was already done, Ythrin was impressed. They continued to talk and build a case for Hermione to present to the Wizard Court.


"What we need now, to strengthen your case, is to catch your husband in the act with someone else. When you can provide me the evidence we'll move on from that. In the mean time, I suggest you try to start living a new life."


Nodding, Hermione felt that the day was not a total waste. Draco and Hermione said their goodbyes to Ythrin and stepped out of the office.

Draco stopped Hermione, and said, "You did the right thing. Let's go home."



© 2010 Elliara


Author's Note

Elliara
read/rate/review :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

217 Views
Added on November 11, 2010
Last Updated on November 11, 2010


Author

Elliara
Elliara

About
20 years old, and a senior in college. I love to write fanfiction and this is my first attempt at writing a fantasy novel. Writing keeps me occupied, but its what I do on the side. more..

Writing
{1} Reality Hurts {1} Reality Hurts

A Chapter by Elliara


{2} The Letter {2} The Letter

A Chapter by Elliara


{3} The Job {3} The Job

A Chapter by Elliara