{10} Draco's Promise

{10} Draco's Promise

A Chapter by Elliara

Draco paced around in his flat after he had made sure that Hermione was alright in her own home and her kids were okay. He didn't know why he was doing all this for the witch. He didn't understand how every time she managed to bring up some odd memory from school, where he was being a complete idiot to her, it would make him smile. He didn't understand why every time she smiled at him, he could feel his body heat up in excitement. He still didn't know why she even asked him for his help. It was still a mystery. All of his thoughts were jumbled up in his head and they weren't making any sense to him. The witch was taking over his mind and it was driving him mad.


He laid in his bed wondering about all the times that he could have been nice to her, all the times they could have talked, all the times that he could have dropped his facade, his attitude. He could have been with her. Alas, he did not, and all his attitude was finally starting to catch up to him. Sighing angrily to himself, he got up and went into the bathroom. He splashed cold water on his face and stared at his reflection in the mirror.


His pale, stringy blonde hair fell elegantly in front of his face. His pale complexion emphasized his sapphire blue eyes intensely. He could see his father's face in his own reflection and it disgusted him. His father was the reason he acted so arrogant. His father was the reason that he acted like this. 'Always uphold our family name, Draco. Always act like a Slytherin. It will bring you honor and respect.' His father repeated that phrase to him over and over again during all his breaks from Hogwarts. His heart wrenched at the fact that he was doing what his father wanted but not what he wanted for himself. He was a pureblood and she was a mudblood. In the eyes of the purebloods, it would never happen. He would be disowned.


"Gah. She's driving my brain into overdrive. Damn you, Granger!" he yelled loudly in his empty house. Just then, an owl tapped at his window. He lumbered over and opened the window to let the owl in. His heart raced at the sight of it, as he recognized whose owl it was. He gently took the letter from the owl's beak, and sent her on her way back to the mudblood.


He sat on his bed, and began to read. He read it once, twice and three times. His eyes grew wider each time he read it. He couldn't believe it. She was feeling the same thing that he was feeling. She was confused and she came to him and not Potter. Excited, he grabbed a quill and a piece of parchment and began to write:


Dear Hermione, (Can I call you that?)

I don't wish to express my feelings solely in this letter. I want to tell you in person. I want to look in your eyes and tell you. Your letter warmed my heart completely. I will tell you one thing. Of the time since we first met in the Leaky Cauldron and just after the war ended, I felt something towards you. Now that we've gotten a chance to talk civilly, I have been feeling the same as you, but maybe more. Be patient, for I will tell you soon. Though, I don't know your situation with Ron, it seems to me that your confusion is justified. Just know that I will always be here for you, whenever and wherever you need me. I promise. Yes, I know, I said I promise too many times, and yet I failed every single one. Not anymore. I too have done a lot of thinking lately and I've decided to not let my past dictate my future nor my actions. I wish to apologize for my attitude and actions throughout the years that we've know each other. It was very cold of me to do all that. It was only done at the command of my father. I did not wish to disappoint him nor let my family name down. Forgive me, Hermione, I don't want to be that Draco anymore. It's time for a change. A new slate. I shall tell you more when I meet you next. Would you like to come over for dinner after work. I mean if you want to?


Ever Yours, (Maybe)

Draco Malfoy


Draco was smiling to himself knowing that if anything; this was one step closer to the one girl who changed his life, in one fell swoop, so to speak. He re-read the letter, sealed it, and sent it off with his owl. With a smile on his face, he decided to get ready for bed. Before lying down in his bed, he heard a knock at his front door.


Mumbling to himself about who it could be at this time, he sauntered over to the door and peaked through the peephole. His eyes widened at the person who was on the other side. He cautiously opened the door, and said,


"What the bloody hell are you doing here?"



© 2010 Elliara


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
Added on November 11, 2010
Last Updated on November 11, 2010


Author

Elliara
Elliara

About
20 years old, and a senior in college. I love to write fanfiction and this is my first attempt at writing a fantasy novel. Writing keeps me occupied, but its what I do on the side. more..

Writing
{1} Reality Hurts {1} Reality Hurts

A Chapter by Elliara


{2} The Letter {2} The Letter

A Chapter by Elliara


{3} The Job {3} The Job

A Chapter by Elliara