{14} A Sense of Hope

{14} A Sense of Hope

A Chapter by Elliara
"

Draco and Harry talk

"

Draco watched as the witch disappeared right in front of him. His whole life crashed and vanished right in front of him. He buried his face in his hands and let out a frustrated sigh. He didn't want to admit it, but he felt lost and hopeless without Hermione next to him. He did the one thing he never ever wanted to do; cry. He cried heart wrenching sobs, which turned into a full-blown sobbing. His face was red, his body shaking, his hands trembling.


Out poured the pent up emotion that he kept bottled up for 15 years. First, it was Pansy, as painful as it sounded, she was his first love. When they divorced, it broke his heart to see her and his son walk away from him. After that, he felt a total and utter voice in his heart. Now, Hermione. He didn't understand where this total compassion came from. Maybe because she turned to him in her time of need. Maybe it was from the time they first met, her intelligence stunning him, but couldn't let it show.

He watched her walk away and disappear in a heart beat. On this very night, he was alone again, just like every other night. A poor and wretched fool who had nothing and no one. He didn't care about the Ministry or his job, just Hermione. She was all he wanted and needed. As he sat there sobbing and pitying himself, he heard a small pop in the distance. Not bothering to look up, he could feel who the person was. Harry Potter.


Harry looked somberly at Draco. As much as Harry didn't want to say it, but he felt oddly protective and sorry for him. After all the hatred and toil they endured, this past month had been rewarding for them. They didn't argue or insult each other but come to a mutual understanding between them.


Harry walked cautionsly toward him and took a seat. He didn't say anything, not wishing for any more awkwardness to come. Draco suddenly looked up. Harry could see that his eyes were swollen from all the crying.

In a meek and hoarse voice, Draco asked, "How did you know I was here?"


Harry said quietly, "Hermione. She's been raving about this date since it was planned."


Draco laughed weakly.


Harry continued, "She, um, seemed pretty upset when she came in. Is everything okay?"


Draco started to cry again, but quickly composed himself.


"Harry, I made a grave mistake tonight. I didn't want to, it just came out."


Harry stared curiously, even though Luna had told him it didn't seem right to say it.


Draco continued in above a whisper, "I-I told her I loved her." With that, Draco sobbed again.


Harry frowned. He somewhat understood Hermione's anger and frustration, but not Draco's sadness.


"Em, Draco? You should be happy not sad." Harry said tentatively.


"I am, but I think it just screwed things up."


"You didn't. Hermione overreacts and she's just as confused as you are."


"But she probably thinks I'm a bloody idiot and doesn't want to see me."


"Bullshit. Even if she can't admit it now, I can tell she cares a lot for you."


Draco smiled. He felt his heart lift a bit at that piece of news.


"Really?" he asked


Harry nodded slowly. It was the one true connection he could see between his best friend and now new friend. He wished he could be as brave with Luna as Draco was with Hermione.


"Maybe you should write a letter to her explaining your intentions?" With that said, Harry conjured a quill and a piece of parchment and gave it to Draco. Smiling again at Harry, Draco felt that the night was not a total loss. He grabbed the quill and parchment and began to write.



© 2010 Elliara


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

187 Views
Added on November 11, 2010
Last Updated on November 11, 2010


Author

Elliara
Elliara

About
20 years old, and a senior in college. I love to write fanfiction and this is my first attempt at writing a fantasy novel. Writing keeps me occupied, but its what I do on the side. more..

Writing
{1} Reality Hurts {1} Reality Hurts

A Chapter by Elliara


{2} The Letter {2} The Letter

A Chapter by Elliara


{3} The Job {3} The Job

A Chapter by Elliara