Chapter 3 : Encounter

Chapter 3 : Encounter

A Chapter by Aya

Chapter 3 : Encounter

 

For the next few days mainly Ariel was busy preparing and studying all about ON/OFF and anime “Vampire Knight”, Alex? He is not the person to waste time for such things, he just was coming to Ariel’s room by evening and asking about progress and any update leaving the hard, boring job to his brother. And  Ariel was always more responsible type of person and taking everything more seriously, sometimes too seriously maybe, he was mature beyond his age allowing for his younger brother to spend careless days and having fun what average teenage boy should. Maybe because he is good at studying and so serious, his father asked him to come twice a week to his work and help with some documents during this hard time for the company.

One day, when he was going home from father’s company and listening to ON/OFF songs what he and his brother had to learn and perform for the birthday party, he heard some  girl been calling for Alex. He ignored and continued walking and listening to song until he was stopped by a girl in front of him.  It was Haruka. He turned off the music.

-“ Oh, Haruka, nice to see you” " Ariel said rather uninterested.

-“ Alex, I have been calling you for ages, and why are you alone? Where is Ariel?” " she was going on enthusiastically ignoring rather not pleased face on Ariel’s face, he hated when he was mistaken for his troublemaker brother.

- “ He is probably at home” " anyway he went along with her misunderstanding, as to explaining her again their differences was more trouble than benefit and he was too tired already after work in dads office on top of long hours at school.

-“ So what are you doing here alone? Walking? Good, we can walk together” " she was too excited for some reason or maybe she was upset and tried too hard to be cheerful.

- “ well I haven’t planned to walk with anyone” " Ariel replied quite coldly.

- “ so lets go to cafeteria and have some coffee”- she said and took his arm almost by force leading to nearby coffee shop. Something felt odd with her. He tried to protest and resist, but feeling something is odd, relaxed and allowed to be taken there. They placed order and while waiting had some talk. After some meaningless chat, she suddenly sadly said.

- “ I really do envy both of you, brothers. You are always together. It’s better than being lonely”

- “ Are missing your brother?” " Ariel asked and it surprised Haruka

-“ You knew about Ichirou?- she said sadly and hung her head, she was nearly crying " It’s not fair! It’s nearly 10 years as he on a whim left the house and went to grandmother to Japan. Now it is 3 years since I have seen him last time. He can’t come here  so often and we also can’t go there as we please, because of parents work  and my school. It’s not fair! Why is he even there?!- she nearly raised her voice, but their coffee was brought to them, so she a little got embarrassed and got quiet for a moment. Tear was flowing slowly down her cheek and Ariel offered her paper tissue, but she refused to take, so Ariel leaned over to her and wiped her tear gently with warm understanding smile.

- “ I don’t think Ichirou would like to see you crying”- said Ariel and Haruka placed her hand on top of his and froze for moment. She remembered her brother was wiping her tears with his handkerchief when learning how to ride bike she fell and scraped her knee.  Feeling rather awkward Ariel removed his hand. " “ I’m sorry” " he said only before standing and leaving to pay for coffee and leaving coffee shop completely.  Haruka quickly got up and ran calling for him “Alex! Wait! Please! I’m sorry!”

He stopped for moment and turning towards her with light smile said

-          “ Never mind, all is ok, it’s just getting late and dark outside, it’s  time for dinner as well, so I have to go” " he tried his best to not make her worried that she has done something wrong, and he turned to leave, but was stopped by her. She was clutching onto his arm again. When he turned towards her, immediately he understood she was leaning toward his face in order to kiss him, he panicked for second. He grabbed he head in his both hands stopping her lips just 1-2 inches from his lips. She was surprised.

-          “ Haruka”- he tried to find words to help situation

-          “hmmmm?” " she was waiting and very confused, well girl is going to kiss guy, soo which healthy teenager can refuse?! And such beauty as her in whole year. But in few more seconds she got the idea (probably wrong one) and got embarrassed, her face got red as tomato and quite fast she made distance between them both.

-          “Please, don’t show such hearty gratitude for anybody willing to listen to your troubles. It can be dangerous, they can take advantage of you”- he tried his best to sound normal.

-          “ I just…just..” " she tried to explain looking down on her shoes, but they were interrupted buy few guys heading their way, and whoever called for him, he got it wrong again, as he called him Alex and it was making him already mad.

-          “ and as usually our Alex is not alone, with new girlfriend already?” " the guy (probably leader of the pack) was making fun of them. Ariel stepped infront of girl like trying to hide her from these guys.

-          “ What do you guys want?” " he tried to control his anger and to avoid any trouble these guys were trying to stir apparently.

-          “ What about our agreement?” " asked the leader

“Agreement?-  Ariel was thinking surprised and confused. " What kind of agreement. Alex made with these guys? Why he didn’t mention anything about it when we spoke today?”

-          We can talk about it other time- said in confident voice trying not to show his confusion- we don’t need any witnesses, do we?”.  That made these guys to laugh chilly laugh and Ariel felt Haruka’s trembling hand on his arm standing behind him. And suddenly he saw from another side one of the guys jumped to Ariel with intension to land his punch on Ariel. But Ariel dodged it easily as he and his brother was having intense private training from best tutor, well but Alex most times was skipping. He asked Haruka to stay away as far as possible until he will deal with them and will be able to walk her home as it was already dark outside and street lights were already lit.

Not good " Ariel was thinking while fighting the guy-  just few days left before party and I can’t allow myself to get hit on my face.

-          “ Hey, Spot, look, don’t you think he is strange today? He is just on defence. Why he is not attacking?”- said one of the guys who were standing by watching the fight.

-          “ Go and help him” " Spot ordered

-          “ But it’s against the rules” " protested guy, but  Spot just pushed him towards fighting guys with sharp “ Move!”. For some time fight gone on, Ariel was still on the winning side dispite he received few hits on his body (luckily not on face).  Suddenly Spot fell down and other three fighting guys froze on sudden voice.

-          “ Ariel!” " it was Alex who just came and he hit Spot unexpectedly and Spot lost his consciousness. Alex run closer to his brother checking on his injuries " “ Are you ok, Ariel?”

-          “ Ariel?!” " got biggest shock two guys and Haruka as well, and all of them thought the same My god, they are so much alike! It’s scary.

-          Never mind- said Ariel embarrassed and pushed brother away as his face was too close. " Let’s go Haruka, will walk you home, it’s dark and dangerous here today.” " he said taking Haruka’s arm and walking away.

All way they kept quiet until reached her house.  



© 2015 Aya


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like it now I know what on/off meant you are very descriptive and show a lot of emotion in your writing
great job!! you are doing so well I was thinking of changing my title to my book any ideas ?

Posted 8 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Aya
So what you think about all this so far? please review :)

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
2 Reviews
Added on May 31, 2015
Last Updated on June 9, 2015


Author

Aya
Aya

Near you, United Kingdom



About
Hello everyone, I'm new writer and English is not my first language. I'm writing my first story so any comments will be hugely appreciated. My story is a mystery genre with some romance later on as.. more..

Writing
Calm before storm Calm before storm

A Chapter by Aya


Sudden guests Sudden guests

A Chapter by Aya


Encounter Encounter

A Chapter by Aya