Big Trouble in paradise

Big Trouble in paradise

A Chapter by BlackVeilBridesBVBArmy

 

We parked in my special parking spot, in the woods behind the school. Boo jumped from my arms and ran as fast as she could. Tristian and I took our sweet time before we rushed. I decided before school would be a good time to tell him.

"I don’t want a relationship right now, especially with someone I don’t know." He frowned.

"You know me. You know my name and that I'm half fish." He smiled trying to lighten the mood.

"Yea, but I don’t know your birthday, or favorite color, or if you have a family. I don’t know the important stuff."

 He seemed to get what I was saying because as we reached the clearing he put his badass game face on and acted as if there was nothing between us. I did the same. I had trained myself to be emotionless, to be able to strike fear. It's the only way you survived if you were like me. But the fact that he could do it so easily after spending the night with me made me sad.

            We reached the double doors, and I walked in first. Everyone was acting normal, minding their own business, until John walked in. All of the guys looked pissed, because all of their girls were drooling over him.

"What are they all looking at?"

Tristian was oblivious to the fact that he was drop dead sexy. Misty walked around the corner with Boo in her hands, looked up, and stopped dead in her tracks. She looked John up, then down, then bolted for me. She dragged me into the bathroom, threw everyone else out, and put Boo in a dry sink.

"OK 1. I loved the amazed and drooling look the guys got last night when you walked by." I giggled and she laughed.

"2. Is that sexy a*s guy out there yours? Cause girl you really need a man."  

She knew all of my secrets, even the island, and wanted me to have someone to bare my burden with me. "No. He wants to be, but Shay, I don't want a relationship. I have enough trouble staying away from people. With him people would know I have emotions which would make me vulnerable."

She looked at me knowingly. It was my fault my parents died. It was my fault my brother died, and my sister. I know they weren’t my real family, but I love them all the same. When a stranger came into my house and killed everyone looking for me I knew I had to stay away from people. I was only two years old. It was years later when I finally asked the nurse at the hospital, who cared for me as a baby, what happened and she told me.

"It's not your fault Kitten."

Shay said whipping my tears away. Secretly me and Shay, my nickname for Misty because I know her real name is Shannon, are best friends and she's always here for me. I smiled and realized that even when I didn't have anyone I had her and she had me.

"I really like him Shay and he's like me, he touches salt water and gills appear on his ankles." I sniffled, "We even met on the island, and, and…" I cried some more into Shays shoulder.

"You know what, I'm tired of being popular. I broke up with Ian today so I have no ties to that group. Lets walk out of here holding hands and go from there ok?" I smiled and grabbed her hand. I opened the door to walk out, only to find a gun pointed in my face.



© 2012 BlackVeilBridesBVBArmy


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
Added on April 23, 2012
Last Updated on April 23, 2012


Author

BlackVeilBridesBVBArmy
BlackVeilBridesBVBArmy

Houston, TX



About
I love to Dance, to Write, and listen to music. Im open and random sometimes, my favorite color is black, I love hanging with friends. more..

Writing