Chapter Three

Chapter Three

A Chapter by Bec

"Rae, hurry up! He expects us there in an hour!" My idiot brother hollered down to me. It's the night of that stupid ball and where am I? Feeding my snake enough that he won't try to follow me out of the house.

"I'll not go any faster then I am!" I shouted back up the stairs, "I shouldn't even have to go to this stupid thing. I don't drink blood, I can go out in daylight, hell I'm a f*****g Vegetarian! What the hell am I supposed to eat or drink there? Everything has been tainted with blood." I added the last part as I climbed the stairs to meet my impatient brother.

"They're not my rules Rae... is that what you're wearing?" He asked as I emerged at the top of the staircase.

"Yeah, what's wrong with what I'm wearing?"

"Jeans? You’re going to wear jeans to a ball? Rae are you trying to get yourself killed?"

"Oh alright I'll go change..." I said rolling my eyes, they were nice jeans, black, tight, and they made my a*s look amazing.

"You should have thought of that earlier, we're going to be late as it is. Get your a*s in that Royce." Rocko said pointedly, blocking my path to my other flight of stairs.

"Be happy I retrofitted the Royce, do you know how many mechanics would have my head just for the little bit of body work that I did? The Rolls Royce is like the only car that most Mechanics black list as 'strictly oil change, no improvements needed'. “I informed him as he practically pushed me out my door and down the newly added wheelchair ramp attached to my porch stairs.

Even driving like the maniac that he is, we were still fifteen minutes late, which meant that we missed the dinner portion of this damned evening, what a shame...

"Ravenna, Robert, you should have been here ages ago!" My Uncle stormed as we got out of the Royce. "Why am I not surprised that you are not dressed appropriately Ravenna? No matter I will have a servant see to your garments..."

"Seriously, I shouldn't even be here, so I don't see why it matters what I wear." I told him with a smart-a*s grin.

"You will not embarrass me tonight Ravenna, do I make myself clear? You will go inside and you will allow my servants to find you suitable attire. I will have none of your insolence tonight!" Drac practically yelled at me.

"We'll see about that Uncle Drac, we'll just see about that."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

In the end I got to wear my jeans, I gave his servants so much hell that they'll be scarred for life if I'm lucky, what can I say... I can be a real shrew when the mood strikes me. And believe it or not I didn't feel underdressed in the slightest; in fact I felt a little overdressed. Most of the girls here weren't wearing anything that remotely resembled a ball gown. It looked as if the theme to this party was "Practically Nude", in fact there was this one girl, she appeared to be my age but who can tell with Vampyres, who was wearing a long see-through white dress, that clearly showed off the fact that she wasn't wearing anything underneath it. And Drac was worried that I'd embarrass him?

"Ravenna I though I told you to change?" He hissed at me as I walked into the room.

"Yeah about that... how is what I'm wearing any worse then what the other girls are wearing? My outfit shows off my assets just as well as their's do, but at least I have enough class not to walk around naked." I told him with another smart a*s grin.

"Ravenna you try my patience..."

"Glad to be of service Uncle Drac, now tell me... what exactly am I supposed to drink around here? Or has everything been blood tainted?"

"Naturally everything has been tainted with blood, how else would the rest of us drink it? Now I suggest you behave yourself Ravenna, I mean it. I will be watching you."

"Will do Uncle Drac..." I told him with a salute befitting the military, he growled at me and the walked a way to chat with his fellow VFC(The Vampyre Fellows Council, basically they rule over everything to do with Vampyres, from their business ventures to putting a limit on how many kills each Vamp could make per city. They're like Vampyre Royalty) members. I, on the other hand, made my way, barely noticed, to the refreshment table to see if there was anything a non-vampyre like me could chow down on. And that's where I saw him...

Well actually that's where I bumped, quite literally, into him.

"Sorry miss... hey aren't you Drac's new ward?" He was very tall, I'd say about six foot six, possibly taller; he had thick dark brown hair and a set of gorgeous hazel eyes. Oh and did I mention that he didn't have any fangs?

"I suppose you could say that. Names Raven." I told him as he helped me to my feet, he'd plowed me to the floor; I'm not sure if it was intentional or not though.

"Greg," He shook my hand after I regained my feet. "So are you here to be chosen then?" He asked sympathetically.

"Wasn't planning on it. You’re not a Blood sucker are you?" I asked irritably, I hate it when I get pity from people. I don't need it.

"Not quite, I just work for one; you're Guardian to be exact. If you're not here to be chosen, then why are you here? This isn't exactly the place for humans to hang out in."

"I'm here against my will, my 'guardien' as you so called him, seems to think that I would enjoy being chosen as some disgusting blood sucker's trophy wife. I plan to prove him wrong and I think I'm doing a pretty good job of it. So what are you then? Demon or Warlock?" I asked as I grabbed a glass that another Servant was offering me, I smelt it to check for blood, and found the almost undetectable odor of the Vampric Date Rape Drug known simply as the BITE. Typical Bloodsucker trick. Drug the unsuspecting human into behaving like the other skanks here.

"Werewolf actually." He said a little uncomfortably.

"You're shitting me! A Werewolf? After all your kind went through to get out from under Vampric control, you go and work for one? What's up with that?"

"Ravenna, I see you have met Gregovich, he is going to be your new body guard." My Uncle said with a sly grin.

"My new what?" I asked him in disbelief, "Drac I'm seventeen, I don't need you to hire some Werewolf to be my babysitter. I can take care of myself!"

"Since when am I a bodyguard? This isn't what I signed on for Dracula." Greg said at the exact same time.

"I will have no arguments out of either of you. Ravenna it is because of your behaviour here tonight that I have decided that you need a bodyguard. For your own... protection. And my peace of mind. And as for you Gregovich, what you signed on for is of no consequence, you will watch over my ward and report back to me on a daily basis, am I making my self perfectly clear?"

"Yes sir." Greg muttered darkly.

"No sir, you're not looking out for my well being, you just want to spy on me! I'm not your puppet and I won't be toyed with!" I spat at the smug a*****e.

"You will do as you are told young lady, and that is my final word on the matter." He hissed at me.

"The hell I will, Rocko?" I held up my wrist to my mouth, on the band of my black watch I had attached a small communicator. "We're leaving... Fine but I'm taking the Royce, I still know how to hot wire it remember." Then I stormed off toward the main ballroom doors, where my brother met me. There was no way that he was letting me drive the Royce, and I knew it. Thankfully as we left Greg was still arguing with my Uncle and didn't follow. The night had held such promise a few hours ago.



© 2009 Bec


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
Added on February 7, 2009


Author

Bec
Bec

Whitby, Canada



Writing
Why? Why?

A Poem by Bec


The Light The Light

A Poem by Bec


Tears Tears

A Poem by Bec