Chapter Five

Chapter Five

A Chapter by Bec

Well it didn’t take long for me to get used to Greg being around, of course the whole Werewolf thing was kind of awkward. The week after my first and hopefully last ball, was the full moon. Greg actually turned three days before it was full, and stayed a Wolf for three days after, so I was stuck in my house for a whole week. Not my Idea of fun let me tell you. Damn Uncle Drac and his anal retentiveness!

Anyway, it was the end of July; actually… it was the ninth of August… when all of my prayers had been answered, but not exactly to my liking…

“Hey Greg, wake up.” I shook him out of his slumber. Because of the whole him being my bodyguard thing, Greg was crashed out on my living room couch.

“What’s wrong?” He asked groggy with sleep.

“Nothings wrong, the force field around my house is down today, and I need to get something from my Uncle’s castle. Just thought I’d warn you before I left.”

“Congratulations…,” he said sarcastically rolling over and trying to get back to sleep; it was just after eight thirty when I woke him up. “Wait, what are you going to Drac’s castle for?”

“A necklace I didn’t realize I had left there last week, it’s not mine and the owner wants it back. Are you coming then?” I asked eager to be out of my house, it’s funny what being under house arrest will do to a girl…

“Well I am now… God couldn’t it wait until later? What the hell kind of teenager gets up before noon when she’s not in school?”

“Oh stop whining and get dressed, we can take my father’s truck since you’re coming along.” I don’t actually have my license, yet… I’m working on it ok!

“What were you planning on doing if I wasn’t coming?” He asked as he pulled on a clean shirt. My smirk was all the answer he needed. “You knew I’d come didn’t you?”

“Well Mr. Bodyguard, I’m pretty sure that if I showed up at my Uncle’s Castle with out you there’d be hell to pay…”

He stretched, rubbed the sleep from his eyes, and stood up, “Alright let’s get this over with.”

- – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - -

We arrived at my Uncle’s Castle an hour later; it was the kind of place that unless you knew exactly how to find it, you never would. It was quiet when we arrived, too quiet…

“Where is every body?” I asked Greg a little confused, the Castle was deserted. Not even that annoying porter was around. “Hello….” I called from the main foyer.

“Maybe Drac gave them the day off?” Greg suggested weakly, it was clear that he didn’t like this either.

“Fat chance… Come on let’s look around a bit, I wonder where Rocko is?” I stepped away from Greg’s side and lead the way over to the Grand Staircase.

“Wait Rae… Come look at this…” Greg was kneeling by a pile of dust, quite a big pile of dust too… Wait a second….

“Oh my god! Is that ash?”

“That’s what I was thinking too, plus look at the tapestries… someone went to a lot of trouble to put out the flames.” The tapestries hanging from the walls all around the foyer were partially singed and dripping with what appeared to be water. There were quite a few different piles of ash scattered through out the Foyer as well, “Rae it looks as if there was an ambush of some kind here… but who?”

“I don’t know… ” We shared a look and then walked back out side, and that’s when I noticed my Uncle’s Flag pole, the flag had been lowered to half mast. “Greg, check it out… My Uncle has never lowered that flag, not since he put it up.”

“I’ll go see if there’s someone there. Maybe someone survived the massacre inside.”

“Not with out me you’re not.” He nodded knowing that there was no point arguing, drew his gun and lead the way to the flag pole. As we got closer to the flag pole I noticed a body lying on the ground. “Well Rae, if you wanted him dead, you’ve got your wish.”

There chained to the ground lay the remains of my late Uncle Dracula… the b******s left him to fry in the sun. The charred remains were hardly recognizable; his back was arched in agony the moment he died. Sure I didn’t like the man, and sure I said I’d like to see him dead, but not like this! Greg leaned closer to my Uncle’s corpse to get a better view of something, “Don’t touch him!”

“Relax Rae; I’m not going to touch him. Look at his throat… see the tear? Who ever did this must have slit his throat before chaining him up. It looks as if they severed the main arteries in his limbs too, why would they drain his blood and then set the sun on him?” He asked puzzled. “I’ve never heard of any hunter going to such brutal extremes, nor any Vampyres, have you?” My blood ran cold, and it all fled from my face at his words. “Wow Rae, are you alright?”

“Greg, now I’m not positive about this by any means, but I have a hunch I know who’s behind this…”

“Who?”

“They call themselves the Legion of Blood…”



© 2009 Bec


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
Added on February 7, 2009


Author

Bec
Bec

Whitby, Canada



Writing
Why? Why?

A Poem by Bec


The Light The Light

A Poem by Bec


Tears Tears

A Poem by Bec