A flash back

A flash back

A Chapter by Salar Majak

14-12-2012

 

A flash back

 

As a child, about five or six years old, I used to ask my grandfather to tell me stories about war, for he was an ex colonel. I never did understand why each time he used to answer only with a smile and one sentence: ''you're better off without that tale''

Instead he used to take me along with my cousin to our favorite park, I remember how we used to run on the wet grass, hide behind the gigantic trees, and spend the rest of our day on sleighs and swings. At the end of the day he'd hold our hands walking out and ask me with a tender voice: ''this is far better than some lame war story, right?'' I used to nod smiling, but still wonder what war would be like, how the swords engage, how the good guys always win! I used to imagine myself holding a sword, my imagination would go further and further and I remember being consumed with joy.

Today, I completely understand his reasons not to tell me about war, because and as I grew up, I learnt that no swords are used in war like I used to see in cartoons, and good guys didn't always win too! And now I have a solid belief that war is nothing but the grim reaper himself, only not in the form of a masked cloaked man with a scythe, but in the form of guns, bombs, corruption and pure madness.

 

A sniper was said to be hiding in one of 'Al-Asisieh' street buildings, but that wasn't about to stop people from running their business, they got used to the shooting and the sounds, even birds got used to the sounds!

So hearing about a seventeen years old girl getting killed there, wasn't really that shocking.

Our English teacher told us that she along with her friend were walking to a Physics lesson when suddenly and without any alarm she fell because of a shot in her chest, her friend started shouting, and one of the guys that was working in a shop nearby upon seeing this held the girl and ran to the closest hospital, a man offered his car, so the guy put her in the back seat and sat beside her, this was all in moments, the car drove to the hospital, but it wasn't fast enough though, for by the time they arrived, the poor girl was already gone.

 

Now, to the ones responsible for this war I have something to say:

 

Yes, punish us kids for your crimes, let us pay the price, this is the right way to win the war, kids who never even held a gun in their whole short lives, kids that their only crime was to go to a Physics lesson on a Thursday morning. Yes, strike fear in their little hearts, because they are the reason behind your filthy war, kill them, steal away their youth, for not only we'll grow up to get our revenge, but we'll also drag you to a living hell by your hair.

We'll bring peace to this suffering place, not with guns, no we won't walk your path, we won't work your way, no more blood shall be shed, no more mothers shall cry, oh I promise we'll get our revenge, Syria will get her revenge.

 

 

     Aurora. (Sal. Majak)

 

 

 

 

 



© 2012 Salar Majak


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I can't, I won't comment on the quality of writing except to say that over time since you started this diary you have increasingly made very good use of language to express your feelings, your emotions, your thoughts, your opinions, your anger and your fear and most of all your union with the youth. Perhaps all the women of Syria all the mothers, grandmothers, teachers, nurses, doctors, young girls, young wives with babes in arms should say," No, stop!"

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Salar Majak

11 Years Ago

Thanks alot Mr.Ritchard. this means alot



Reviews

Wars are never fought with noble intentions an they always have selfish motives under them. And you are so right about little kids paying the heaviest price. You have written beautifully.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Salar Majak

11 Years Ago

Thank you, really, that is exactly what i mean
I can't, I won't comment on the quality of writing except to say that over time since you started this diary you have increasingly made very good use of language to express your feelings, your emotions, your thoughts, your opinions, your anger and your fear and most of all your union with the youth. Perhaps all the women of Syria all the mothers, grandmothers, teachers, nurses, doctors, young girls, young wives with babes in arms should say," No, stop!"

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Salar Majak

11 Years Ago

Thanks alot Mr.Ritchard. this means alot
This is just so powerful. Especially the last paragraph.

Your writing is splendid. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Salar Majak

11 Years Ago

thanks
Felicity's Eve

11 Years Ago

:)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

224 Views
3 Reviews
Added on December 15, 2012
Last Updated on December 15, 2012


Author

Salar Majak
Salar Majak

Syria



About
hey i'm Salar, you can call me Sal, or Aurora This site has given me a lot, i don't know if i can explain it but, it's the place where i truly was happy for a while, i met genuine friends, loyal incr.. more..

Writing