Famous and Shameless: Chapter Four

Famous and Shameless: Chapter Four

A Chapter by Becky Lawrence
"

Will Kat and Nate be together?! What is the answer? Honestly, while writing this description, I don't know the answer to that question. I know nothing about my characters...

"
Kat pushes open the door to the room backstage. The smell of cigarettes hits her nose in a big puff of smoke. She coughs softly, shocked by the amount of smoke in the room. When her eyes adjust to the dim light, she looks around. On the couch there are two guys sleep, as if they passed out there. Another guy lies on the coffee table with a bottle of whiskey in his hand. The floor has a few more people passed out on it.
"Great." Kat mutters under her breath.
"Over here, Kat." She hears Nate's familiar voice call to her. She turns around to see him sitting in a chair in the corner, a cigarette between his lips.
Kat hesitantly takes a step forward, then stops. Nate's blue eyes watch her, waiting for her to walk over to him. Kat knows that she is going to hate herself after this, but she does it anyways.
"Nate, do you want to go for a walk instead?" She asks. A grin appears on his face.
"Of course." He stands up. Kat watches as he walks to her, she is already has doubts about being around him. With a small shake of her head, she pushes the doubt away.
Kat leans against the door and looks up at Nate. "It's been a long time." Nate says softly. Kat just nods a little, afraid that if she speaks her words will reveal to much. Afraid that the words might let Nate know that Kat can't forget about him.
They go outside into the frigid January air. Nate doesn't loo phased by it, but Kat pulls her coat tightly around herself. She buries her face into the collar, wishing it would be summer again.
Nate notices how cold Kat looks and takes his coat off. He drapes it over her shoulders. "I'm from way up North, the cold here is nothing to me." He chuckles. Kat smiles and says a small thank you.
"I missed you..." Nate looks at Kat, hoping she doesn't get upset.
"I... I did too. And, I'm sorry, I hate it." Kat looks at the sidewalk instead of Nate. She goes on. "I hate it because it's confusing. The last time I thought I really... loved someone, they tore me apart." Kat bites her lip, fighting the memories away as they try to get into her thoughts.
"What happened?" Nate asks her.
"It's a long story." Is all Kat says as a response.
"I've got time." Nate stops walking and stands so he can stop Kat too. He is really concerned about Kat, he wants to be able to know why she pushes him away and maybe try to make it better.
"When I was a teenager I was a crazy partier; I never went to my classes and every night I would sneak out." Kat sighs. "It was stupid, really. But one night on a weekend we had just had too many drinks. My boyfriend thought he could drive us home, and I was too wasted to make any decisions." Kat looks at Nate, wondering if she is boring him.
"What happened?" Nate asks her.
"He crashed the car. He died on impact, my friend in the backseat is now paralyzed from the waste down, and yet someone I got out okay. Why? No one knows. But ever since I haven't drank. The stupid decisions and awful memories of that night always come back when I think about parties and alcohol." Kat frowns.
"And that is why you have some bitter resentment towards me." Nate puts it together. "Since I met you, I've only drank a few times. I don't know what it is, Kat, but when I think about you I don't need to drown my fears and pain with drinking." Kat looks up at Nate. She doesn't understand why he would drink less because of her.
"For some reason, Nate, I really care about you even though we don't know each other all that well. It's strange." Kat speaks uncertainly. Her thoughts yell at her for saying too much.
To Nate, Kat hasn't said too much. She has said exactly what he hoped she would say, because now he knows that it's alright that he cares about her a lot. "Come with me for the rest of tour. I leave tonight, and if I leave you behind again it will drive me crazy with missing you." He holds her hands and looks into her eyes, silently begging her to say yes.
"I don't know..." Kat breaks eye contact with Nate. "When do you leave?"
"The bus has to leave around eight tonight." Nate answers her. "Please?"
"This is crazy, but on a whim, I'll say yes." Kat answers with a sheepish smile.
"Thank you." Nate kisses her hair. "Trust me, you won't regret it."


© 2011 Becky Lawrence


Author's Note

Becky Lawrence
I don't fully know where to go with this as of right now... I have some ideas, but they are all a little stupid to me :(

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
Added on February 23, 2011
Last Updated on February 25, 2011


Author

Becky Lawrence
Becky Lawrence

About
I've been writing since seventh grade. It started as a hobby and became an addiction. I have become an insomniac because of the thoughts and ideas going on in my head. I will read most read request.. more..

Writing